Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Korn

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Korn

Like some of you who wont admit it, I listened to Korn back in high school (pretty much just Follow the Leader) but nothing really interesting came out since.

Their new dubstep-ish album just leaked and well... out of curiosity, I am about to listen to it.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'll give it a chance...
    Everything after follow the leader, with a few exceptions from "Issues" has been pure garbage.

But I think this is exactly what they needed for their career, to change their sound up, they've been doing the same thing for way too long.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Follow the Leader and Issues were awesome back in high school. I liked Untouchables as well, but tuned out when Mirror came out. I just kind of grew out of it.

I'll give the dub-step album a listen out of curiousity.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    I'll give the dub-step album a listen out of curiousity.
    Here are my initial thoughts: I put the album on while I was at work, coding. It sort of went right through one ear and out the other, but nothing annoyed me enough to click next... and then the album was over. There wasn't anything too memorable, but it wasn't bad.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    probably for a year or so i sometimes think i want to spin an album of theirs, i go to my shelf with cds and my hand consistently grabs some other cd

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    i go to my shelf with cds and my hand consistently grabs some other cd
    Thats just a metaphor for scrolling through your music library right?.....right?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    .....right?

some music doesn't stay constantly on HDD, i thought it was natural :-| then i might add, computer isn't my main hi-fi transport.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I liked it. It had some enjoyable moments. Plus, "Narcissistic Cannibal" is really addictive. I'm listening to SYOTOS right now and it kind of reminds me of the new album.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    "Narcissistic Cannibal"
    Yep. I listened to the album a couple times now and whenever that one came on i perked up and was like "yeeeeah!"

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I put the album on my ipod for my trek to work, which is about a half hour. After 6 songs that all blended together I decided "That's enough dubstep KoRn" and went back to other stuff.

Not that it's terrible, but it just all sounds the same, as stated above, nothing really stands out. An EP of 6 songs would have been enough, you don't need that much KoRn dubstep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Im Lovin "Lets Go"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last edited by Ken; 12-11-2018 at 09:15 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've always liked his voice, but I think the new album is... interesting. It has it's moments - but I'm not a huge dubstep fan. I'm definitely more of a fan of their 'Untouchables' type music.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    I'm definitely more of a fan of their 'Untouchables' type music.
    over the years, I find myself still craving Untouchables but not their other albums as much. Underrated album.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I watched 'Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery' last night. In my opinion, it's the greatest thing they've ever done.
    That was actually one of my favorite episodes of South Park. I was happy to see Korn make an appearance on South Park because they really were my most favorite band at the time. I'm also a huge fan of South Park, so that also helped.

I also used to listen to Korn a lot during junior high school and high school as well. My actual favorite albums by Korn will always be Korn through Issues. I also ended up liking most of Untouchables and Take a Look in the Mirror. As for Korn's DVDs, Deuce was and still has been my favorite Korn DVD so far. I just really miss Korn without Brian Welch and David Silveria though.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I saw their live show a couple of weeks ago and it was absolutely terrible.
    DOPE DOD were OK, a Dutch hip-hop trio. Then one after the other, two dubstep DJs came on (Datsik and Downlink), and bored the audience to tears. People were standing around, texting and chatting, then they started chanting "We want Korn! We want Korn!". Datsik acknowledged this, but rather than cut his set short as you'd expect when the whole fucking venue is against you, he played another five boring-ass songs.
    Then Korn came on...and played more dubstep.
    The whole thing was so clueless and inept, it was depressing.
    Will check out the album upon release but I'm not expecting much.
    Last edited by aggroculture; 12-01-2011 at 08:05 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    I've always liked his voice, but I think the new album is... interesting. It has it's moments - but I'm not a huge dubstep fan. I'm definitely more of a fan of their 'Untouchables' type music.
    I have a hard time listening to that album. I find his voice to be very annoying on some of those songs. The high notes make me cringe everytime. As for the new album - I like it. But I could do without some songs though. Let's go and Way Too Far are pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was a huge KoRn fan back in high school, but they have been flying down the shit hole since Untouchables in my opinion. I downloaded the Dubstep album yesterday, I am very interested in what it's going to sound like. They used to have an extremely bass heavy sound, perhaps going in this direction will be help them get on the right track again.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm selling my two DVD singles (Here to Stay & Thoughtless), both released in 2002 in the UK.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1034

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My friend recently had me listen to Narcissistic Cannibal and said confidently, "This is the future of music." I thought... "Really?" I like that they're trying something new, and I somewhat like the dubstep sound, but I'm just so over these guys. The YouTube comments are pretty hilarious, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thoughts after hearing the dubstep album: meh.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Im not slagging off Korn because i still think a lot of their stuff sounds great for what it is. But I find them as people weird,*Jonathan*Davis is weird not in a good way. Its like they are eternally 16 years old. Nasty, Pervy, Ugly, Angsty, Dope Smoking, Skateboarding Californian teens, in their outlook on everything. But its like *not a joke and they behave that way for real, its weird. They dont seem to be able to evolve as people, or a band, maybe they lost interest. They just seem like really thick unintelligent men.
    And they created a place in the industry where people like Fred Durst and Crazy Town could sell a lot of records.*

But Korn as a band really worked for a few years. Simple formula which they did very well, songs like Shoots and Laders and Clown, can really feel his torment. And as a band they were tight as fuck. I think a big reason why they did what they did so well was Ross Robinsons production. All of those first few records sound really good. *Freak on a Leash still gets me going.*

But the type of band Korn were only works for a few years to a certain group of people, its like they found their demographic and did not want to change their style incase of loosing record sales. *And they could not be bothered to experiment untill now 15 years on with so called *'Dubstep'.
    I always thought they were a band that were going to go to really interesting places and turn into something like Ministry. but they never did they just did the same thing till it looked ridiculous.*
    And i doubt this record will be any good they are too obsessed with money to do anything too radical.*

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Highly Psychological wrote:
    I think a big reason why they did what they did so well was Ross Robinsons production.

and nonetheless, see what a disaster was the 2010 album with same producer. haven't heard the new endeavour yet, not planning to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I used to have a lot of respect for JD, but this is just fucking dumb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Davis
    I feel like Obama’s an Illuminati puppet. He’s basically dragged this country down into the worst it’s ever been. Like I say about the White House, ‘You’ve built this house of shame.’ Everybody looked up at the White House and America and now I think it’s like a house of shame. I miss the old days when people were proud to be American.

That's the fucking dumbest thing I've heard someone say in a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you skip to 4:34 there is a clip of JD talking about is Illuminati bullshit:

http://video.billboard.com/services/...=1309406910001

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=168358

They've filmed a Wal-Mart commercial? Weird shit...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...o_reunion.html

And Head wants back in the band. I guess that solo career bombed like we all thought it would.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    If anyone hasn't watched the Metal Evolution episode about nu-metal, it's a decent watch. I had little respect for JD going into it and now it's all gone. Mainly because he shifts all the Woodstock '99 and decline of the genre to Fred Durst. Granted Durst is no angel and Limp were one of the worst bands in the past two decades, but seeing Jonathan take no responsibility for bands like his was pretty strange. After all, JD is the reason Limp was brought into the mainstream.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I thought that was pretty good episode. Much better than the one on grunge. Still, I hate Fred Durst and Limp Bizkit. Yet, I'm starting to hate Jonathan Davis more because he introduced the world to that shit band which led to the arrival of fuckin' Linkin Park.

BTW, I finally heard that new Korn track on the radio and it is fucking shit.