Thread: 2013.08.09 - San Francisco, CA @ Outside Lands Music Festival

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt925 View Post
    On one hand, nine inch nails are playing here in just a few weeks(!). On the other, outside lands is a really shitty way to experience a show. Decisions decisions.
    What's wrong with outside lands in terms of concert experience? Idk anyone whose gone really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    What's wrong with outside lands in terms of concert experience? Idk anyone whose gone really.
    Just the fact that you're in a huge park crammed with 60,000 people. Even on the video screens the performers look like ants. Filthy porta potties in pitch black, people moving past you in both directions throughout the performance. And everything has a crazy line to wait in.

Frankly I'd rather drive to la for an arena show.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt925 View Post
    Just the fact that you're in a huge park crammed with 60,000 people. Even on the video screens the performers look like ants. Filthy porta potties in pitch black, people moving past you in both directions throughout the performance. And everything has a crazy line to wait in.

Frankly I'd rather drive to la for an arena show.

Its actually about 90,000 now. They got permission from the city to increase their capacity.

3 day tickets are sold out if you didnt buy any tickets yet. And only Friday single days are avail.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    I don't mind OSL. They have great food and I love Wine Lands. It's pricey, but most music festivals are these days. My gripe with OSL is their tendency to oversell tickets and headliner areas or the new "indie" band with a hot radio single stages get overcrowded easily. For three days festivals, I'll camp a stage for one day, then use the other days to explore, unless there's a huge conflict. Less exhausting that way.