Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 98

Thread: 2013.08.09 - San Francisco, CA @ Outside Lands Music Festival

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    644
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    2013.08.09 - San Francisco, CA @ Outside Lands Music Festival

    3-Day GA & VIP tickets are on-sale now!

    http://www.sfoutsidelands.com/tickets/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    347
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I was hoping they would be offering single day tickets. Perhaps they might in the weeks before the event? I wish I could afford the three day pass; but, unfortunately there is no way, right now. Oh well.
    Edit: So I saw that last year's festival offered single day ticket sales, around June, once each day's line-up was secured. So, I'll be checking back around then/looking for their Twitter announcements for it. Glad to see that.
    Last edited by Ruined; 04-18-2013 at 07:28 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    243
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'll be there, snagged my pass today. I was lucky to grab a $235, must have been only a few of them as a second request 10 seconds later only pulled up full-price tickets.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,270
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I'm glad I risked it and went for Lollapalooza instead of waiting for Outside Lands to confirm their lineup. I prefer the Lolla lineup to this one.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montréal, Québec
    Posts
    300
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Might just be hitting both Lolla and Outside Lands. Do they sell single day tickets for this one?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Land of polar bears. And Berlin, every now and then
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    Might just be hitting both Lolla and Outside Lands. Do they sell single day tickets for this one?
    At least both Outside Lands & Ticketmaster site list only 3 day tickets.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Land of polar bears. And Berlin, every now and then
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, did a little digging (read: googled...) and apparently there might be one day tickets released later (possibly July). This is what someone said on FB: "Single day tickets would be available if they don't sell out of 3 day tickets. They've done this in the past and have been released in July. Hopefully they do this!!"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    644
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Outside Lands VIP contest: http://insiders.radio947.net/CustomC...spx?AID=197864
    • Four (4) VIP tickets to the 2013 Outside Lands Festival in San Francisco, CA
    • Four (4) Shuttle passes for transportation from your lodging to the festival grounds
    • One Canon PowerShot 12MP Digital Camera with 3-Inch LCD Screen
    • $2000 cash for travel and hotel

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,963
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DistantSamantha View Post
    Ok, did a little digging (read: googled...) and apparently there might be one day tickets released later (possibly July). This is what someone said on FB: "Single day tickets would be available if they don't sell out of 3 day tickets. They've done this in the past and have been released in July. Hopefully they do this!!"
    Yea, they tend to do single day tickets.
    I just wish I knew which day NIN is playing though. This hasn't been posted yet, has it?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    644
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Yea, they tend to do single day tickets.
    I just wish I knew which day NIN is playing though. This hasn't been posted yet, has it?
    Nope, not yet. Single day tickets are usually released when the day lineups are announced.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I should be here.... not 100% confirmed yet but it's looking pretty good.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if people were listening to Live 105 KITS over the weekend, but they were giving away ticket's to Outside Lands for Father's Day and the grand prize winner of that contest would win tickets to a secret NIN rehearsal. Unfortunately, my sister was caller 8 when they asked for caller 10... I'm hoping there will be other opportunities to get in the drawing for this "secret NIN show"...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be there with my sister. Hopefully after the holidays we will get some additional Bay Area dates for Tension tour.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    644
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    FYI: "@sfoutsidelands: ranger dave has what some of you have been waiting for. stay close tomorrow."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    347
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    FYI: "@sfoutsidelands: ranger dave has what some of you have been waiting for. stay close tomorrow."
    So, if the single day tix go on sale today, there's still no way of knowing which day NIN plays, correct? Or do the same headliners play all 3 days? Just curious as I'm still trying to secure any NIN CA tix. Thanks.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    644
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    So, if the single day tix go on sale today, there's still no way of knowing which day NIN plays, correct? Or do the same headliners play all 3 days? Just curious as I'm still trying to secure any NIN CA tix. Thanks.
    They usually release the day lineups at the same time, so you'll know who's playing on certain days.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    644
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Day lineups are out! NIN plays Saturday and single day tickets go on sale tomorrow.

    http://lineup.sfoutsidelands.com/?sort=day

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    347
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    They usually release the day lineups at the same time, so you'll know who's playing on certain days.
    Cool, thanks for the information. Looks like tomorrow's the big day; with three chances to get tickets Wed/Thur/Fri, hopefully I have better luck than I did trying to secure L.A. tickets, yesterday.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    347
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Cool, managed to easily get the single-day tickets to this event. Hopefully, I'll have similar luck, tomorrow, for the L.A. show!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    783
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Got a single day ticket since my Staples Center seats are so miserable. Pretty excited! Going to both shows.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,963
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

    2013.08.09 - San Francisco, CA @ Outside Lands Music Festival

    So happy to have landed the 1-day tickets. Now the only remaining bit of info is what time they are playing that day. I'll probably only be there for the NIN show (babysitter logistics)

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Most likely 8 as they are headlining. There's a strict 10pm curfew. If you show up later in the day be prepared to be v e r y far from the stage. It's a giant park. The alternative is sitting in the sun all day.

    I've been thinking a lot about whether or not I want to go. On one hand, nine inch nails are playing here in just a few weeks(!). On the other, outside lands is a really shitty way to experience a show. Decisions decisions.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    783
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt925 View Post
    On one hand, nine inch nails are playing here in just a few weeks(!). On the other, outside lands is a really shitty way to experience a show. Decisions decisions.
    What's wrong with outside lands in terms of concert experience? Idk anyone whose gone really.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    What's wrong with outside lands in terms of concert experience? Idk anyone whose gone really.
    Just the fact that you're in a huge park crammed with 60,000 people. Even on the video screens the performers look like ants. Filthy porta potties in pitch black, people moving past you in both directions throughout the performance. And everything has a crazy line to wait in.

    Frankly I'd rather drive to la for an arena show.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    But that was also the very negatives. I don't want to discourage people who have never been. The music is loud as hell, first of all, and you can work your way to the front. I would also just bet nine inch nails won't end up drawing as packed a crowd as radiohead or Metallica. Just go and make the most of it. If you are with friends and you get some drinks you will have a good time.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    202
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt925 View Post
    Just the fact that you're in a huge park crammed with 60,000 people. Even on the video screens the performers look like ants. Filthy porta potties in pitch black, people moving past you in both directions throughout the performance. And everything has a crazy line to wait in.

    Frankly I'd rather drive to la for an arena show.

    Its actually about 90,000 now. They got permission from the city to increase their capacity.


    3 day tickets are sold out if you didnt buy any tickets yet. And only Friday single days are avail.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    2,144
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    2013.08.09 - San Francisco, CA @ Outside Lands Music Festival

    Edit: whelp, thought I was doing this show. Not so much. Calendar reading fail.
    Last edited by theimage13; 07-17-2013 at 09:43 AM.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone have 2 extras for Sat night? I wasn't gonna go, but now I have to go to SF (from Denver) for work that week and the thought of NIN playing and me not being there is starting to mess with me! If you've got 2 extras for Sat night, please let me know!

    Thanks... Josh

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,963
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

    2013.08.09 - San Francisco, CA @ Outside Lands Music Festival

    I actually might. Did they close up ticket sales?

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    I actually might. Did they close up ticket sales?
    I have no idea how, but single day tickets are sold out! If you do have extras, please let me know. That would be great!

Posting Permissions