Thread: Ghost BC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Gave it a spin on my way to work this morning, live albums are kinda hit or miss. I usually like hearing live versions of my favourite songs, but this one fell flat for me. Not sure what it was, but it just wasn't doing it for me. I put my songs back on random (like I usually do) after, and 1 of the tracks came on randomly between other songs and I found it worked better hearing a standalone live track. Maybe hearing them all in a row just didn't work, I donno.

It worries me that half the magic and mystery of this band is gone now that it's just papa. I know this was recorded this year, 2017 and it's with new members, so maybe it doesn't pack quite the punch the old lineup had. That's the only thing I can think of as why this recording was disappointing to me.

I hope he can still crank out a badass record though. I'm still looking forward to hearing any new material from Ghost in 2018. I just hope I like it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Gave it a spin on my way to work this morning, live albums are kinda hit or miss. I usually like hearing live versions of my favourite songs, but this one fell flat for me. Not sure what it was, but it just wasn't doing it for me. I put my songs back on random (like I usually do) after, and 1 of the tracks came on randomly between other songs and I found it worked better hearing a standalone live track. Maybe hearing them all in a row just didn't work, I donno.

It worries me that half the magic and mystery of this band is gone now that it's just papa. I know this was recorded this year, 2017 and it's with new members, so maybe it doesn't pack quite the punch the old lineup had. That's the only thing I can think of as why this recording was disappointing to me.

I hope he can still crank out a badass record though. I'm still looking forward to hearing any new material from Ghost in 2018. I just hope I like it.
    If I am correct, I believe Forge and some other guy are the main writers and performers on the records. The actual band were always just live performers.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    If I am correct, I believe Forge and some other guy are the main writers and performers on the records. The actual band were always just live performers.
    I was under the impression that the "some other guy" you mentioned was one of the former band members and no longer part of the band. I hope you're right and "some other guy" is still writing the songs with Forge.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I was under the impression that the "some other guy" you mentioned was one of the former band members and no longer part of the band. I hope you're right and "some other guy" is still writing the songs with Forge.
    Pretty sure he means Simon Soderberg. He left Ghost last June.