Do you like your job? I do.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I really like Mikey's post

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Not really. But I do tolerate. It's not terrible. And it's only for two months more, tops.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    On November 1st, I quit the job I had for the last 14 years. Health issues forced me to make that decision. It was a very hard thing to do too since I really love the place and that I had many advantages that I'm going to miss (4 weeks a year of vacation, health coverage that included that darn dentist etc).

Such is life, I guess!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I love my job but i cant for the life of me figure out why my goddamn code doesn't work!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malechite View Post
    I love my job but i cant for the life of me figure out why my goddamn code doesn't work!
    I figured it out. Someone else's code fucked with my code.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malechite View Post
    I figured it out. Someone else's code fucked with my code.
    At least it wasn't your fault.. I've gone crazy over basic things not working only to discover I was looking at production instead of development..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My job begins too early in the day (6:45 AM), otherwise it's pretty cool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ugh. Hollywood.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    Ugh. Hollywood.
    Going off on this a bit.

I am BEYOND tired of people being in positions they shouldn't be in... who are completely ignorant, but have their job because they know people or have the right amount of money. Hollywood is FULL of these people (surprise!) and I WISH I didn't have to deal with them to get higher on the totem pole.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    Going off on this a bit.

I am BEYOND tired of people being in positions they shouldn't be in... who are completely ignorant, but have their job because they know people or have the right amount of money. Hollywood is FULL of these people (surprise!) and I WISH I didn't have to deal with them to get higher on the totem pole.
    This is not an issue exclusive to Hollywood. Not a day goes by that I don't ask myself "how the fuck did she/he get that position and manage to keep it."

A work buddy was talking to my boss today and he later told me my boss said I made him nervous. I'm the only one in his group that has management experience. This guy wants my affirmation! Holy shit. He's got a PhD in experimental pysch or something, He's got more smarts in his pinkie then I have and he wants my affirmation - WOW. I knew I could be intimidating, but dang, I need to work on my I'm-approachable-and-sweet-demeanor or something.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quitting my full-time job and working for myself was the best decision I ever made. I do still have a really cushy morning job in an office with SO MANY perks (free things, dinners, out, celebrities) to pay my basic bills just-in-case, but the rest of the time is all my own and I doubt I ever work more than a 30 hour week yet I make more than I ever have.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Quitting my full-time job and working for myself was the best decision I ever made. I do still have a really cushy morning job in an office with SO MANY perks (free things, dinners, out, celebrities) to pay my basic bills just-in-case, but the rest of the time is all my own and I doubt I ever work more than a 30 hour week yet I make more than I ever have.
    Damn cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a full time mom, frau, cat herder and turtle rancher.

I've been "retired" for 6.5 years...before that I worked in the medical device industry, as well as, various laboratory settings.

ETA: I'm embracing being a full time mom although it has let my mind go to mush, and I don't like that.
    Last edited by Lisbeth; 11-30-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I love my job. I quit what most would call a dream job to take this one. Bigger paycheck, a bit more relaxing but I do work my ass off when needed.
    Comfy chair, cool desk, AC whenever I want, discounted snacks, nice colleagues.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    One of my jobs is to do research for my PhD, which, at the moment, includes trying to co-opt the blender game engine into being a virtual environment for our robotics platform. It partially works, but the part that doesn't work is evading all attempts to fix it and mocking me in the process

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    My work for pay is owning/running a fitness center that has aerobic classes, most of which I teach. I'm bored of it and have returned to school for review so I can resume graduate study in mathematics. This board is going to hinder my work - I'm supposed to be studying right this minute.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Right now I'm working two jobs: one is my full-time job and helps pay the mortgage; the other is my "Fun-money" job so I can have some disposable income for whatever I feel like buying/saving up for. Both jobs involve dealing with tourists and travelers on a regular basis. Sometimes they're cranky, but if I can make them laugh or at least smile I know I've made their day somehow.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I could take or leave my job. There's a managerial position up for grabs in my department that I could get by default, but the other managers are put off by my "care free and fuck it" attitude. They hoped I would take something seriously for once, but I haven't shown them that. Then again, they should look at the fact that I'm 22 years old in college and just want money for expenses, I'm not looking to make a career out of it, and that upsets them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I love my job, I'm a UPS driver. Tis the season!

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    My job is awesome and a pain in the dick all at once. I sell Chrysler parts 10 minutes removed from the ghetto, and 15 minutes away from the largest arabic population in the tri-state area. i get a LOT of mangled english, and being a grammar nazi, it infuriates me. though free oil changes and killer deals on parts for my minivan is cool. 99% of my co-workers are super cool people.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    More 4:45am work days in my life than usual while the guy who normally opens the store on most weekdays is on vacation. I don't like my job that much but it's tolerable and I'm grateful to have one. Also, health insurance. This time next year I will be in a situation I'm happier with, though. I've already done nearly 2 years of a job I don't like. If I don't like my job, I want it do it more part time so I can supplement it with artsy income sources or I want to be making a lot more money than I do. Because I don't make very much.
    Last edited by playwithfire; 12-01-2011 at 01:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I now work for an international humanitarian organisation in Afghanistan. It's what I'd always dreamt of doing during my 4 years at university. This is my job:
    Last edited by Rémy; 12-01-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Remy that was amazing. What a cool thing to be doing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    my jobs pretty cool, I get to drive about in a big ass Volvo all day movin logs and loading the log decks, only bad thing is early shift which is a 6am start and I'm not a mornin person

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sadly, I don't enjoy my job. I work at a print shop full time for people that don't know what the hell they're doing even though they've been in business 25+ years. Working to jumpstart a freelance career, but that's going to take time unfortunately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a great job with awesome co-workers. Unfortunately, I'll soon be leaving because something inside me keeps reminding me that I don't want to remain single for the rest of my life.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    my job is pretty neat. Hours suck a little, commute makes me get up at 4am so I can workout before i head in.
    Last edited by dogsipod; 02-25-2012 at 10:33 AM.