Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2013.08.24 - Paris, FR @ Rock en seine

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Second show in a row with Somewhat Damaged as the opener. I wonder why this is? Is it due to lighting or unable to do the proper stage show?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Twilight View Post
    Second show in a row with Somewhat Damaged as the opener. I wonder why this is? Is it due to lighting or unable to do the proper stage show?
    The gig started before sunset so I guess they didn't want to have the bad pukkelpop experience again. Copy of A as a starter would have been cool though.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2013.08.24 - Paris, FR @ Rock en seine

My friend went to the festival tonight and said this:-

I'm not a fan of NIN but I gotta admit that they are really good ! I was stuck at the show from the beginning to the end (that came too soon if you ask me). So I don't know if I'll be listening to them in the future but that was a really intense live experience that I won't forget !

I very nearly went to this show...

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Great show.
    Different set up. Visuals/screens mostly in the middle of the set when it was dark.
    Stood in the second row.
    Moshpit was a hell. Not good for an old guy like me. I survived
    French audience was/went crazy. Fortunately a lot of NIN people in the audience.
    The band appreciated this.

Met a few Belgian, UK and French ETS-ers. Good people....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That was SO much fun!! I felt 16 all over again!

great show, really! I moshed for over an hour like I haven't done in ages!! I'm exhausted...

now I can't wait until Wednesday!!

Ps. Yes, there were some problems with the mic, especially at the beginning of 'gave up'...oh well.

there was a time when something like that would've made him go apeshit on the stage!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Grey backdrop for Copy Of A was initially on the stage but they took it down before the show so they might have changed their mind for whatever reason.

Glad to get TBOTE and Me I'm Not, YZ is my 2nd favorite album after The Fragile and I was prepared for a 0 YZ song setlist knowing they would most probably skip survivalism.

Beside that i'm not a fan of Find My Way live (But the studio version is still amazing)

Sound was pretty good (beside the gave up mic problem) not too loud and with a decent dynamic my only concern was that the back vocals were a bit too far back in the mix but well...
    I was in 2nd row almost perfect center (With a trippy Rabbit wearing sunglasses Tshirt, not really the usual NIN-Fan look)

Also I was pleasantly surprise by the crowd, lots of nin fans, good vibe overall and Trent seemed very glad to be here even if they weren't the headliner.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I want stream with Somewhat Damaged god damnit! I love this song so much

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Twilight View Post
    Wat. Last show started with Wish. If this show started with Somewhat Damaged then it's pretty obvious why.

edit: So...there wasn't a stream tonight? Weren't we promised one? http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12...-25-2013_music

Gay.
    Last edited by Fist Fuck; 08-24-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    i just watched my footage, it's really good, now i have to see the 3 other one

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I nearly fainted when the Somewhat Damaged intro started. It was such a nice show.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    We shot at at least 3 full hd cams, i chose a calm spot with great sound, here's my cam

2013-08-24 Nine Inch Nails - Rock en seine - France 2013 (short excerpt)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Last edited by kercyx; 08-27-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    fucking hell.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think it was too compressed aswell, and silent for some reason.
    The setlist wasnt super for me, too classic indeed.
    But the great atmosphere and the full length (with the greatest version of Hurt i ever heard) made it up for the bad Pukkelpop gig.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^^Very nice set in my opinion. kercyx - Thanks for the Damage video clip.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kercyx View Post
    Nice sound, can we use your sound for our multicam ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Nice sound, can we use your sound for our multicam ?
    You're planning a multicam ? I was planning one too with Dizzyberkowitz, same idea as the 2009 Zenith one... I planned to contact everyone on youtube / daily / other sites to have original sources.
    But yes, you can use mine as well, I'm sending my vids to Ryan as we speak, so the audio source will be on RITC in the coming hours I guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    same idea as the 2009 Zenith one... I planned to contact everyone on youtube / daily / other sites to have original sources.
    Good Idea !!!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    You're planning a multicam ? I was planning one too with Dizzyberkowitz, same idea as the 2009 Zenith one... I planned to contact everyone on youtube / daily / other sites to have original sources.
    But yes, you can use mine as well, I'm sending my vids to Ryan as we speak, so the audio source will be on RITC in the coming hours I guess
    Yes I think i got no choices, with these 2 surprise last minute full hd cams that came directly from ninfr, and others i was sent on ninnewsfr, I do have a pretty good sound myself, but probably not as good. I did listening you current upload on ritc

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yes I think i got no choices, with these 2 surprise last minute full hd cams that came directly from ninfr, and others i was sent on ninnewsfr, I do have a pretty good sound myself, but probably not as good. I did listening you current upload on ritc
    What if we joined each others ? We share and send our sources and let Dizzy do his thing (and he IS really good at it), or do you want to do your own thing ?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    What if we joined each others ? We share and send our sources and let Dizzy do his thing (and he IS really good at it), or do you want to do your own thing ?
    Why not, I need to have "garanties" about his work, since last time was kinda ridiculous, and i don't know him, how many time of work ? is him fast ? can he use unshake filters ? can he work in full hd ? is a full hd H264 release the main goal here ? and not a crappy awful old dvd5 ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Last time was not ridiculous and it's quite rude to say something like this, but anyway, that's your opinion...
    Anyway, he IS fast, really (question of days, like 2/3 weeks). The goal is to have something cool, with the most angles possible, and good quality to have something with energy and not 2 angles but in full HD, see? So Full HD264 I don't know...
    Here's what he has already done : http://www.youtube.com/user/Dizzyberkowitz/videos

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Seems perfect ! H264 is what you found in any video today, except dvd. I know there are some magical unshaker filters, now, we may need that for the front row cams, I still haven't seen that unfamous third ninfr cam, I know it's the same cam as me, he shot 40% , it was shaky and it zoomed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Seems perfect ! H264 is what you found in any video today, except dvd. I know there are some magical unshaker filters, now, we may need that for the front row cams, I still haven't seen that unfamous third ninfr cam, I know it's the same cam as me, he shot 40% , it was shaky and it zoomed.
    Ok cool ! So we're making this together ?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    yes i'll provide a freebox link (those new one in full speed working 24/7 ) as soon as i got hand on our 3 cams

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    yes i'll provide a freebox link (those new one in full speed working 24/7 ) as soon as i got hand on our 3 cams
    Perfect ! We'll make something cool. I've put the second vid by the way (see above)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    how do you plan to release that ? i'd like to use my webspace as we did for Nimes2009

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    We'll see : your site, TOIOU, a facebook page, maybe we'll create our own web site for it too,... the more the better

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    So, did someone track/hunt down whoever caught the motherfucking tambourine trent threw away in the crowd ? How many cold dead hands were pried open to grab it ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok cool ! So we're making this together ?
    It sounds very nice. thanks already to everybody who involved in this project in advance!