Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 2013.08.25 - Reading, UK @ Reading Festival

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Gotta say, from the footage I've seen so far on Youtube (Warning/Damaged) it looks pretty unique for a NIN gig. The amount of smoke is ridiculous, must've been done on purpose I reckon to scupper any possibility of broadcast, but it actually looks really good! Though during those 2 songs, didn't see Ilan once! It does look like Trent is aping it a bit during Warning - hoodie, plus some of the vocals are quite OTT, but it's almost like he seems really relaxed in a 'don't give a fuck if I get the words wrong' kind of way! This could be a classic...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Gotta say, from the footage I've seen so far on Youtube (Warning/Damaged) it looks pretty unique for a NIN gig. The amount of smoke is ridiculous, must've been done on purpose I reckon to scupper any possibility of broadcast, but it actually looks really good! Though during those 2 songs, didn't see Ilan once! It does look like Trent is aping it a bit during Warning - hoodie, plus some of the vocals are quite OTT, but it's almost like he seems really relaxed in a 'don't give a fuck if I get the words wrong' kind of way! This could be a classic...
    funny you mention that, I'm on "warning" now and all I see are lights and fog. LOL

and srsly, where the hell did this hoodie come from?

pretty lights exploding in my face, I love it.
    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 08-27-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    dont know about you but this is one of my favourite streams so far.
    i know it wasnt what trent wanted but the setlist, production etc.... was so obscure. the production is choreographed which is brilliant but seeing it stripped back its quite fun to watch now and again
    in terms of pissed of trent, i love him these days. normally guitars would be trashed etc.......but he just took the piss out of the festival. especially during the warning. those vocals were hilarious
    oh and did the video editors have massive hard on for josh. ya he is pretty but....come on.

anyway, i need some london dates now!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by filmfanb View Post
    oh and did the video editors have massive hard on for josh. ya he is pretty but....come on.
    In that situation, it's probably the director (live multicam), but I would hedge a bet that Josh just happened to be in the least smokey spot... Hence the exhaustive coverage - if you can get the clearest shot of someone, they're probably going to keep going back there.

Just a thought.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ya true that

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I wanna see some bored emo kids, give me the timestamps!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The girl in Came Back Haunted almost ruined my night

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2013.8.25 - Reading, UK @ Reading Festival

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jesus View Post
    The girl in Came Back Haunted almost ruined my night
    Which girl in Came Back Haunted??

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I CAME BACK HAUNTED!!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Haha.

Apparently i was on the screen a few times. I'm the one at the front (facing the right of the stage) wearing a red With Teeth tee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    trying to watch this without punching my laptop screen every time there is a close up of a crowd member

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Shep] View Post
    'Alternative' and 'hipster' aren't mutually exclusive. Not all alternative kids are hipsters.
    I was saying the opposite, actually.

Also I think they chose that setlist at Sonisphere. There was no real light show to start with (comparing with say, Rock Werchter) and Trent said that he was pleased with the atmosphere there.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Also I think they chose that setlist at Sonisphere. There was no real light show to start with (comparing with say, Rock Werchter) and Trent said that he was pleased with the atmosphere there.
    Not that I'm doubting you, because I'm not, but I've never heard that sentiment before. I remember the "We played a pur­posely quiet, inti­mate set. I fig­ured it would either enrage or baf­fle the metal audi­ence…” quote, but I don't remember him actually commenting on the experience itself. If he did, would like to know what was said. Just because.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Not that I'm doubting you, because I'm not, but I've never heard that sentiment before. I remember the "We played a pur*posely quiet, inti*mate set. I fig*ured it would either enrage or baf*fle the metal audi*ence…” quote, but I don't remember him actually commenting on the experience itself. If he did, would like to know what was said. Just because.
    You should have just continued on with the quote a little bit more, and you'd know just how he felt about it:

http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?21,...327#msg-800327
    We played a purposely quiet, intimate set. I figured it would either enrage or baffle the metal audience... but to our amazement it went over great!
    Really fun set to play in that environment.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antpatty View Post
    trying to watch this without punching my laptop screen every time there is a close up of a crowd member
    there are two noticeable NIN fans (girl with red dread locks and guy with NIN shirt singing along to terrible lie), but otherwise I have to agree with your statement. Pretty much every shot of the crowd has some ridiculous people freaking out about the sheer awesomeness that is TR even without a proper light show and too much smoke. Sad and bored girl during somewhat damaged is a fave though!

This is my favorite stream after Fuji and before Rock n Heim.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    You should have just continued on with the quote a little bit more, and you'd know just how he felt about it:

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Ah - the quote I went and retrieved didn't have that second half -wasn't from NIN.com! Cheers for the embellishment. Of course, now I've looked at the thread you directed me to, I actually posted in it, so I feel even more stoopid now!
    Last edited by simonn; 08-28-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    a few pictures of the Reading and Leeds shows at the BBC website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/galleries/p01fqh0h

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Really interesting article on Reading by Drowned in Sound. They list NIN as the weekend's best, despite it being the least best they've seen them...

http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4...-2013-reviewed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    yes, very quiet and intimate, with I Do Not Want This, The Wretched, Wish in the setlist...just a clusterfuck of a setlist, thrown together with total disregard and a complete lack of understanding as to the nature of the concert. A HUGE amount of people were there to see NIN do what was to be their last ever UK show and Trent just went on, played a weird setlist that just didnt work then walked off stage early, lol.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^the Reading setlist would have gone down a storm at that Sonisphere

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Sorry for double post but I just read an interesting interview where Trent says that the off-the-cuffness of the Reading set is what invigorated him to mix it up a bit on the Tension tour
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...NT04/310020009

"And he was invigorated by a set at this summer’s Reading Festival, where extenuating circumstances forced Nine Inch Nails to shelve its elaborate production and more or less make things up on the spot.
    “Weirdly enough, it was one of the funnest shows we had, because it felt new,” says Reznor. “It felt vital, it felt challenging.”
    That show awakened Reznor to the possibility of what NIN could be — and, in his eyes, should be — in 2013."

Last edited by WorzelG; 10-02-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    "Funnest".

Fuck's sake.