Thread: 2013.08.25 - Reading, UK @ Reading Festival

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

2013.08.25 - Reading, UK @ Reading Festival

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So who's going to be at Reading/Leeds this year? I'm very, very tempted to go just for the Sunday. At the moment it looks like it might be just me on my lonesome unless I can convince one of my friends to come along. What's the consensus on going solo at festivals, is it a lonely experience?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to both Reading and Leeds (Day tix just for the NIN days). I've never been to a festival on my own but wouldn't have a problem doing so. If you're in the crowd then you'll soon get talking to people inbetween bands (just stay away from the drunken idiots!). It is a long day to spend solo though so I'd probably go mid afternoon. Safety wise it's probably worth keeping close to groups of people when you leave the arena.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Same. Going to both on my own(and Belfast). Never had an issue finding people to speak to/hang out with. In fact, I've met some awesome friends this way and have been friends for years and attend other shows together.

This can't come round soon enough!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Im going to go, out of principle, obviously not thrilled as i know the state of the Reading Festival these days but should be good. Its unfortunate to say the least im going to have to sit through Fall Out Boy who are on before NIN lol, Radical transition No? Oh well waited through Lost Prophets last time. But got too drunk.
    But NIN at the 2007 Reading show, it was possibly the best time i ever saw them live, such an incredible atmosphere. way way better than i expected, shocked how good it turned out, there are some good youtube clips of it, it was absolutely wonderful, had such low expectations, and they drew a bigger crowd than The Smashing Pumpkins who were headlining above them. Weather was gorgeous, hopefully it will turn out similar this time.
    The line up for Reading Festival this year is just a woeful and seems like it is aimed at a 14 year old boy in 2001.
    System of a Down who have not released an album for nearly 10 years, Greenday, Eminem , Fall Out Boy etc...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I did solo for Oxegen in 2009. More or less - my friend met me there but he fucked off for four hours and came back just before Jane's Addiction to get to where I was (I was in the Trent Spot). It's a long day, but there were two others who did all-day with me in the middle and we had a great time. It's not all bad!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Set times appear to have been leaked and show NIN getting 1 hour 20 minutes. Interestingly Filter finish there set 40 mins before NIN go on. I wonder if we're in for anything special?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'm really glad NIN on aren't on before Eminem because his fans seem like absolute arseholes (I went to see the film eight mile years ago and the audience were the biggest pile of twats I've ever seen in one place). I get the impression Biffy Clyro fans are ok - I hope

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    So how many of us here are going to this?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I will be there (and Milan few days later this)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2013.8.25 - Reading, UK @ Reading Festival

Quote Originally Posted by zsorzs View Post
    I will be there (and Milan few days later this)
    I'm going to Milan also! see you there!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    see you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2013.8.25 - Reading, UK @ Reading Festival

I'm at Leeds, Reading and Milan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2013.8.25 - Reading, UK @ Reading Festival

Quote Originally Posted by bowler_hat View Post
    I'm at Leeds, Reading and Milan.
    Jealous! The only one I can make it to is Leeds.
    Bring on Tension 2014!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    NIN getting 90 min set, 19.30 - 21.00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like there will be live streaming of the full NIN set at Reading

Sunday
    Main Stage: 14.05 – 23.30

http://www.readingfestival.com/news/...e-coverage-bbc

and http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ezc5d4

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bowler_hat View Post
    Looks like there will be live streaming of the full NIN set at Reading

Sunday
    Main Stage: 14.05 – 23.30

http://www.readingfestival.com/news/...e-coverage-bbc

and http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ezc5d4
    Is it really the full set or only 2/3 songs ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    No mention of a NIN stream on that site. I'll keep checking back regardless. If not, here's hoping for some highlights on BBC3/Red button.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, they're (apparently) streaming the Main Stage, which NIN are on, until 23:30 so stands to reason that their set will be included.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ezc5d4#p01fl6tb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting tweets from Trent just now...

"Should be an unusual show tonight at Reading..."
    "
    ...the lying promoter and the band following us (whoever the fuck they are) fucked us on our production."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like TR is seething over the restrictions placed on them at Reading, if the latest tweets are any indication. It's a bad situation, because if the promoter violated the contract, then I suppose they could pull out, but then the attending NIN fans get screwed.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    so kiss goodbye a chance for a stream

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe we'll get an old-school angry NIN performance.

They might also play some rare tracks if they're restricted with their production... so fingers crossed for that stream. No reason they shouldn't be on if they're streaming the Main Stage all night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The last time I remember him being pissed off at playing such an event was Sonisphere a few years back when we got a REALLY weird setlist, so anything is possible. Shame for a lot of people expecting the festival stage/light show they've been doing recently :-(
    Did they use the full lightshow at Leeds the other night?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNCHLINE View Post
    The last time I remember him being pissed off at playing such an event was Sonisphere a few years back when we got a REALLY weird setlist, so anything is possible. Shame for a lot of people expecting the festival stage/light show they've been doing recently :-(
    Did they use the full lightshow at Leeds the other night?
    If that's the one I'm thinking of, I don't think he was really pissed off. I think he was just looking at the bands he was playing with and decided not to try to compete with them on the heavy front and just go the opposite route.

Actually, I found the direct quote from Trent

We played a purposely quiet, intimate set. I figured it would either enrage or baffle the metal audience... but to our amazement it went over great! Really fun set to play in that environment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    If that's the one I'm thinking of, I don't think he was really pissed off. I think he was just looking at the bands he was playing with and decided not to try to compete with them on the heavy front and just go the opposite route.

We played a purposely quiet, intimate set. I figured it would either enrage or baffle the metal audience... but to our amazement it went over great! Really fun set to play in that environment.
    Ah thats the one, my memory is bad..but the Sonisphere show was a mess, lol, the setlist and footage from Leeds looks great, angry simple songs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

Ah, looks like the chances of them playing Download one year are slim, then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    no live stream, and an unusual setlist coming up apparently..!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Deftones and System of a Down were on the main stage Friday night and weren't streamed because the bands wouldn't allow it....If TR is this pissed and with no light show, he may just say fuck it...I would like to see them with no light show and in a pissed off mood, so hopefully it does get streamed...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I imagine it was the exact same story at Leeds as we got no production and one angry setlist.