105 Post(s)

2013.08.23 - West Yorkshire, UK @ Leeds Festival

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm there.
    Meet-up??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm debating picking up a day ticket to see NIN. I notice Filter are playing but aside from that not really bothered by the other bands. Do you think the light show will be the same as all other current festival dates? Same kinda set list. I'm gutted at missing on the scala tickets and thinking this night appease me somewhat. £90 though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's what I'm doing. Just going to drive down for the day for NIN. Flying over to Belfast for Belsonic earlier in the week too. Missed out on tickets in 2009 when they were over here, so I need to see them!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I was starting to wonder if I was the only one going to this.... Good to see other board members attending (maybe).

I'll be at Belsonic too @chicken-royal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Awesome! Really looking forward to both of them, but Belsonic edges it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    NIN getting 90 min set, 19.30 - 21.00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well it's happening tomorrow and it all seems pretty quiet on here. I'm guessing not too many ETSers are going to this. NIN started with a very small crowd at Leeds in 2007 so I'm expecting it to be pretty similar this time round. The place will be full of 16 year old's who've not even heard of NIN. Hopefully they'll come and take a look and have their faces melted.

Maybe see some of you there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's almost Ninmass

Well I haven't ticked Leeds off my festival list so here goes and thankfully it looks like Biffy will keep everyone busy If escape is vital

The set lists so far look awesome
    just hope it goes dark early enough t'was quite light tonght

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2013.8.23.2013 - West Yorkshire, UK @ Leeds Festival

Quote Originally Posted by bowler_hat View Post
    Well it's happening tomorrow and it all seems pretty quiet on here. I'm guessing not too many ETSers are going to this. NIN started with a very small crowd at Leeds in 2007 so I'm expecting it to be pretty similar this time round. The place will be full of 16 year old's who've not even heard of NIN. Hopefully they'll come and take a look and have their faces melted.

Maybe see some of you there.
    I'll be there, on the coach heading over but probably won't be on the grounds until 2-3 pm.

If anyone wants to hang out, pm your mobile number.
    Last edited by Scarlet Siren; 08-23-2013 at 04:50 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I feel sorry for all these average pop acts that have to then play to some people who've just watched NIN basically do an industrial rock version of stop making sense. I mean how intense is biffy clyro likely to be

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I'm about 5 deep from the rail on the left. Not bad considering I got here at around 5.30 and hung by sound barrier for all of Fall Out Boy...

Might throw some elbows in a bit!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

That was absolutely bizarre. Band were on great form, as tight as you'd ever expect.

Totally different set, no new songs, no closer, no hurt. No visuals, just strobes. Probably the most loud and miserable set list you could wish for - no Copy of A - they opened with Wish.

There was a shocking version of Beginning of the End and towards the end of Head Like a Hole Josh smashed his guitar up and stormed off.

Brilliant though, was right at the front... just would have loved to see the new show!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    weren't they allowed to put up their lighting or something???

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    figures with no stream they play the hardcore set..im sure when the stream returns, so will greatest hits

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastentrance View Post
    That was absolutely bizarre. Band were on great form, as tight as you'd ever expect.

Totally different set, no new songs, no closer, no hurt. No visuals, just strobes. Probably the most loud and miserable set list you could wish for - no Copy of A - they opened with Wish.

There was a shocking version of Beginning of the End and towards the end of Head Like a Hole Josh smashed his guitar up and stormed off.

Brilliant though, was right at the front... just would have loved to see the new show!
    Wow. I wonder why this was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was nice to hear Reptile, the crowd was terrible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Think the stage may have been too small. But they did it in Belfast... No idea. Blew FoB off the stage, Biffy will look pathetic following that!
    Last edited by Lastentrance; 08-23-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

I really hope someone caught a video of this. i've been waiting all tour for something to get destroyed!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

T-doggy dog smashed a mic too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    do we have a setlist?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No guest appearance from Richard Patrick? (Filter played just a couple of hours earlier on the 'rock' stage). Surely a missed opportunity there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still no set list yet? Was there any fans actually there tonight?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

The crowd was pretty horrific, I ended up 3 rows from the front to the left directly in front of the speaker.

NIN fans were sparse where I was, not many people knew what was going on or were singing along or getting in to it, I kind of felt awkward at first, being surrounded by these young FOB/BC fans, but I soon didn't care. The crowd was pretty miserable.

Delighted to finally hear Reptile live, and TBOTE, despite the first verse not being heard due to technical glitch.

I was really hoping to see the full production on that stage tonight as the stage is much bigger than that at Belfast (seemed a little cramped there but they used free space well). Very unusual not to hear Closer and no Hurt (much to the dismay of the girl a few along from me, overheard her say she felt robbed, it was the reason why she was there... Wah!!).

I did feel the guys were just zipping through the songs, no interaction from Trent, I can't recall he said thank you (anyone?).

Oh, did anyone spot this on NIN Instagram in the comments section of tonight's Leeds photo... Uh, huh.

I'm kind of anxious about Sunday now!
    Last edited by Scarlet Siren; 08-23-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The implication being they were shit?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

They were placed between Fall Out Boy and Biffy Clyro... Same again on Sunday.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

The implication being they were shit?
    Sorry l, just read back through the thread, you were there. Apologies for stating the obvious, long couple of days, shattered

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^was it really light at 7.30 tonight? It's the only reason I can think of for no light show, but it's 8pm on Sunday and that's sunset ( it's lighter later further North also isn't it?) hopefully the light show at Reading will entertain the fob fans. Although personally I know more people who know NIN than Biffy - but I am 40, biffy hardly seem like spring chickens though themselves

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Agree with everything already said. Apart from the sound glitch during TBotE, they played really well and sounded great. Just a shame their place in the line up and the crowd was awful. It was packed for Fall Out Boy, and between a third to a half of the people there left before NIN came on.

The setlist is up on setlist.fm (quoted below), seems to be correct from what I can remember. They only played for 70 minutes. Pinion was playing as they came onto the stage, but wasn't being played live.

Wish
    Terrible Lie
    The Beginning of the End
    Survivalism
    March of the Pigs
    Piggy
    Burn
    Reptile
    Gave Up
    Suck
    The Frail
    The Wretched