Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Hannibal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Creepy as HELL. Can't wait for all this but also don't want it to end too soon.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    End of days my friends. They moved the show to Saturday nights at 10:00. They really don't give a shit about this show anymore. I'm scheduled to work Saturdays sometimes so I may get fucked over watching it eventually.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I still do not understand how something this utterly fantastic, enthralling, beautiful, unique, and enjoyable was ignored and shrugged off by all but a few devoted fans. Moving to Saturday nights where it's pretty much guaranteed to never find new viewership (not that it would have any other night of the week) just feels like one final slap in the face.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Spoiler: I'm disappointed they didn't show Hannibal kill Mason's assistant, Cordell, with the axe and removing his face. I guess they couldn't on NBC anyways. I enjoyed the whole scene though.

I'm surprised they killed off Mason tonight though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    No pajama party for you, Mr. Graham!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Red Dragon timeline this Saturday! Too bad I work, gonna have to catch a stream.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'm really hoping we get some intensely psychotic and beautiful imagery revolving around the Red Dragon and his Becoming. Harris' writing describes the entire mental process and imagery in a way neither film adaptation has captured whatsoever and this series has everything it needs to do it justice.

I really cannot think of any other adaptation where I have been so trusting and comfortable with them changing and taking things that are really difficult or fantastic and messing with it. I have total faith in Fuller and Co. to just knock every book/plotline out of the park, and it's probably my favorite trilogy of novels so that's saying something.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I caught an episode of this recently and really liked it. The one with the big round building thing and the bodies stitched together in a circle in different hues.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Well that single episode was already better than the entire Red Dragon film.

I cheered alone in the living room when Will did the "This is my design" thing.

Great to see Scott Thompson and the other guy back.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Goddammit if this isn't seriously the best show on TV. Such a shame about it coming to a close so prematurely. The last 3 or 4 episodes have been some of the best television in recent memory IMO.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    well, my mother just told my wife and i about this and we watched the first season in one sitting.
    it's fucking BAD ASS.

when i read that they were doing "red dragon" in season three, i was thrilled. Then i read that they also planned to cover silence of the lambs.

And then i found out it got cancelled :/

Edit: and WHOA, goddamn, it gets a little heavy handed with the homoerotic metaphors and such near the end of season two.
    Not that it bothers me, i just wasn't expecting it

i can relate on a certain, rarely discussed level.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-01-2015 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So was that the most gruesome scene in the series? You know the one.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    So was that the most gruesome scene in the series? You know the one.
    Nah. Spoiler: Anything Mason verger is/was for me. His face being cut off or his death scene.

Check this cool thing out

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I saw the finale.

If this is the last episode, it's a perfect ending. If not, the next season would be insane and darker than ever, by a mile. The last five minutes was probably the best in the series.

Watch after the credits, there's a really important scene that a ton of people are already debating and arguing over their takes on it.

As much as I want to see this series get told in full, this season finale would serve as a perfect culmination of all the themes and stories so far and manage to provide a wholly satisfying end. I hope there's more, desperately, but if there isn't, then this is the best ending we could have ever gotten. Just perfect.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Loved the finale. Loved this too!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Just finished Season 3 and holy shit. Best show ever.

Thought #1
    I think if TR&AR or just TR alone would ever team up with Brian Reitzell for a score collaboration, everyone's head will blow.

Thought #2.
    I wonder what arcs have Brian Fuller planed for a revised 6-season run? Spoiler: They already covered Red Dragon and most important points of Hannibal and Hannibal Raising. Seems to be too much room left for original material, even if Silence arc would take the whole season.
    Of course this is only a wishful thinking since the series is probably dead, but I think 2 seasons would be enough to wrap things up neatly.
    Season 4 first half: Will Graham re-captures Hannibal and retires once again, Bedelia Du Maurier (and probably Chiyoh) finds her end. More stuff from Hannibal Raising adapted in a flashback scenes which include Misha and Lady Murasaki.
    Season 4 second half: Skip a couple of years. Enter Clarice Starling. A rookie agent joins Jack Crawford's team and work a couple of cases.
    Season 5 first half: Silence of the Lambs/Buffalo Bill arc follows the original book and the movie. Hannibal escapes.
    Season 5 second half: all-original ending with Clarice and Will teaming up to track Lecter for the final time.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Finished binge watching it this morning. Damn good show.
    Spoiler: If they do another season or do a movie, I think Will shouldn't return as much as I love his character. His arc felt complete after him taking Hannibal off the cliff with him.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Well it's been over a year and a half since this wonderful show ended. I am going to rewatch it after I finish season 5 of Hell on Wheels. Cannot wait.

Minus the soundtracks, the blu-rays, POP ART vinyl figures and the art book is there any official merchandise for this show? I'd love a t-shirt, actually.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Still haven't seen the last season... Need to get on that.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    After Breaking Bad, this show had the best finale.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    That'd be awesome. Wonder where it would happen. Maybe a best bet to avoid networks?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Bryan Fuller did say when the show was initially cancelled the earliest he could look into a possible season 4 would be after August 2017, so I'm happy to hear he's at least entertaining the idea of moving forward with something later this year. I think Hannibal would have prospered on a format like Netflix or Amazon, but I'm glad NBC gave the show as big a chance as it did (it had piss poor ratings from the get go), as well as a lot of creative freedom judging from all of the wonderfully gruesome and memorable moments of the show I feel other networks would have gladly steered away from. With American Gods getting renewed he might even have an opportunity to sit down and discuss the possibility of bringing Hannibal back on Starz. That's all speculation and wishful thinking on my end, but it would make my year to at least have confirmation we were getting season 4 even if we had to wait until 2018 to watch it.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Ever since Bryan's "ASK IN 22 MONTHS" tweet I've been holding my breath and waiting so hard for this. Hannibal became a bigger obsession for me than any other TV show had ever been, and I was a hardcore annoying junkie for things like Lost, Mad Men and Breaking Bad as they aired. I was unbelievably into it and felt nothing had ever existed quite like it -- it was beautiful, dark, tragically romantic and abusive poetry.

Supposedly the Silence of the Lambs film rights revert in August which would mean they'd be able to borrow from and infuse as much as they like from that, which I know had been a significant roadblock in the past. This is currently my all-time favorite adaptation of a book series I've ever seen, and it's felt wrong that they've not been allowed to explore it entirely.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just finished the first season. What an amazing show. Poetically macabre.
    I'm jumping into season 2 right away. Hopefully, it continues in the same vein.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I still haven't gotten to the third season...

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I feel like it got better with every season. The last six episodes of seaon three were especially good!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I'm jumping into season 2 right away. Hopefully, it continues in the same vein.
    Oh man you're in for a treat. Season 1 is child's play compared to season 2.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i loved this show so much that i made an EP of songs inspired by it (and sampling dialogue from it). just waiting on my vocalist to finish up some stuff and it will be ready to go.

thanks again to @kleiner352 for getting me into it <3