Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hannibal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Newest episode was awesome and super creepy. Show keeps getting better. I hope being on network TV doesn't end up ruining it at some point.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thank you thank you NBC.com for posting full episodes! The 10pm show last night was a no go for me for my sleepy head. I kept falling in and out of consciousness 24 minutes into last night waking up to his psychotic trips.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Next year? Ugh!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Fuller tweeted this image from the 1st day of production for S2. Indeed.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Hannibal

oh that looks wicked!!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    God damn I can't wait.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So does the fact that the show moved from Thursday nights to Friday nights mean the ratings aren't that great? Friday doesn't seem like a very good night for shows.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    They're backing it up with Grimm which is doing okay for NBC, so my guess is that they are putting it with a more appropriate lead-in than their Thursday night comedies.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I cannot wait for tonight's premiere. I have every confidence, from what I've heard so far, that this season will be even more twisted, sad and profound than the first.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I cannot wait for tonight's premiere. I have every confidence, from what I've heard so far, that this season will be even more twisted, sad and profound than the first.
    Kind of a slow start I thought. I really wish they had saved that opening scene for later in the season. I think it sort of killed a little of the suspense for me. I also think they could ease up a little on the murders, etc. and focus a little more on the characters. I though the whole side story they started in this episode was unnecessary (at least at this point). I was hoping they were getting away from the murder of the week type pace this show had last season. I really don't want this to turn into another NCIS, which was borderline last season. Still a great show though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed the first episode of the second season. With the exception of the opening scene, which was really only there to ensure the show captured the audience's attention and kept them watching for the remaining hour, it was really meant to serve as a presentation of the aftermath for what happened during the season one finale.

The acting was superb and the production design is fucking beautiful. I liked how they slowly worked in the first serial killer for the new season. I assume that storyline will be resolved by the end of either the second or third episode. I can't say that I like Hannibal Lecter filling Will Graham's role when it comes to profiling psychotic minds. Hannibal doesn't empathize. He dissects. He can't put himself in the shoes of the killer, he can only theorize and make assumptions like the rest of them. That's why Will and Hannibal worked so well together. Will is the heart and soul and Hannibal is the mind. The difference is Hannibal was able to make Will pull himself back, even if it was only to study the effects it had on Will's mind while exploring the darker side of imagination. I feel like they could have done something better with how Jack Crawford and his team replaced Will Graham. Putting Hannibal in that role doesn't seem right.

Also, Dr. Chilton isn't the least bit traumatized from being vivisected? Really? He's back to his old self in no time at all? I knew he was a self-absorbed parasite, but goddamn!

On a final note, NBC better not fucking cancel this. I haven't been this excited for a television show in years, and we need some quality programming to counter balance the heaps of reality tv bullshit.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The opening scene to last weeks episode, where the guy covered in that adhesive peeled himself apart, was one of the most graphic and hard to watch scenes I've ever seen on network television. How this show is allowed to be on NBC blows my mind but I really hope it's here to stay.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So my ETS brethren, I have the ability and means to get season 1 on DVD for 12.96. Shall I go for it? Worth getting? Let me know, never bothered with show when it was on air originally and with season 2 just beginning and this for cheap, I was wondering….

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Absolutely. I'd much rather get the Blu-ray (it's 25 bucks on Amazon), but if you aren't particular about it I'd say go for it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Absolutely. I'd much rather get the Blu-ray (it's 25 bucks on Amazon), but if you aren't particular about it I'd say go for it.
    It comes with an HD Ultra Violet code so I'd be covered anyways….still thinking.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Got it this morning.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Re-watching the first season with my step-dad. I love this show. I like everything about it. Great acting, great story, great everything to me. I wish more people would see it. I think already IMO that it is better than Dexter. Don't like it quite as much as Breaking Bad, but that's in a class all of it's own. I think Mads has to be my favorite Hannibal with Anthony coming in a close second. I can't wait to see what season 2 brings to the table. (No pun intended) Also I hope you like the series @Space Suicide !

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Re-watching the first season with my step-dad. I love this show. I like everything about it. Great acting, great story, great everything to me. I wish more people would see it. I think already IMO that it is better than Dexter. Don't like it quite as much as Breaking Bad, but that's in a class all of it's own. I think Mads has to be my favorite Hannibal with Anthony coming in a close second. I can't wait to see what season 2 brings to the table. (No pun intended) Also I hope you like the series @Space Suicide !
    I should. I like crime shows, serial killers, forensics, investigations and horror. So I'm sure I'm good to go.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Keeps getting better. Jeremy Davies was heartbreaking to watch last night.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Haven't seen the new one yet. Crossing my fingers for a third season.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Haven't seen the new one yet. Crossing my fingers for a third season.
    I'm sure it'll have one. At this rate I'm expecting we'll have 4 or 5 seasons before they wrap it up. I sense this show will end on its own terms, not be stretched out for a huge amount of seasons and won't be cancelled due to its success.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I doubt they would drag it on. Ratings are their biggest enemy. People love the show. Yet, not enough people watch it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Well they have material for at least 3 more seasons if they follow the books/movies.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    has anything been said about wheter they will incorporate the movies or are we just loosely following the story of Red Dragon and the series serves as a prequel to silence of the lambs?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    has anything been said about wheter they will incorporate the movies or are we just loosely following the story of Red Dragon and the series serves as a prequel to silence of the lambs?
    They talked about it on one of the special features on the season 1 blu-ray. I think they mentioned that they didn't want to be influenced by the movies but use it as an inspiration if I remember correctly.

So no they wouldn't be following the movies, but the books which the movies are based on.

If you look and compare both the movies and tv show you will see that it has an entirely different feel, atmosphere, and somewhat overlapping themes and discernible elements that set them apart.

I think that Bryan Fuller -the creator of the show- is going for a modernized faithful adaption of the novels that encompasses all the details that the books have while having free range in telling it in a new way.

So far Bryan has the rights to Red Dragon secured and the show takes place before the events of Red Dragon and before Spoiler: the process in which Hannibal gets captured . Bryan Fuller is hoping to get the rights to Clarice Starling, Benjamin Raspail, and Jame Gumb. He is also trying to secure the rights to the novels: Silence of The Lambs, Hannibal, and Hannibal Rising. I hope he gets them (MGM where being dicks when he asked if he could use Benjamin and Gumb) so he had to work around it and he invented new characters that did more or less the same function in the show.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I was kind of hoping the series would show Hannibal's relationship with Mason Verger pre-cutting off his own face, so that they could set up the Verger plotline that comes later.

Edit: looking at the Hannibal page on rottentomatoes (which has a 100% fresh rating btw), it looks like Verger will appear at some point played by Michael Pitt http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/hannibal/
    Last edited by imail724; 04-21-2014 at 07:54 PM.