Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yellowjackets

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yellowjackets

Anyone else watching this? New Showcase series that is blowing us away. Getting ready to dig into episode 6 tonight…

Obvious comparisons to Lord of The Flies and Alive but the cast and twists have definitely got us hooked.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Obsessed with this show, it's the best television I've seen in many years!!!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Christina Ricci's character is such a creep.

Always good to see Juliette Lewis in things.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'll need to check this out!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post

Always good to see Juliette Lewis in things.
    Yes and yes! lol

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I got to watch the first episode on Prime and now I want to see the whole thing!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I got to watch the first episode on Prime and now I want to see the whole thing!
    That's how they got us too, we didn't realize that the rest of the series is on Showtime so we ended up signing up... nice bonus that we could also watch the new Dexter which is surprisingly great, too!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I kind of want to see this, but I went to an abusive troubled teen camp and worried that it could be triggering for me. Also worried that the violence will be above my threshold for squeamishness..
    Can anyone speak to that?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I kind of want to see this, but I went to an abusive troubled teen camp and worried that it could be triggering for me. Also worried that the violence will be above my threshold for squeamishness..
    Can anyone speak to that?
    I don't think the violence is overt at all, but the teen camp part is really tense and I suspect that it's only going to get worse as the series goes

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’m just about caught up (finished episode 7 last night). I am loving this show. Lynskey, Ricci and Lewis are three of my favorite actors that I also believe haven’t gotten enough credit over the years.

All my thoughts and speculations I had before I started watching were pretty much dashed early on, though I suspect cannibalism may still be on the table (hi hat).
    Last edited by Swykk; 01-11-2022 at 07:36 AM.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    My brother Aztec says this show is the hot ticket. We qualify as Irish twins, being barely a year apart, and have a LOT in common, so I'm aiming to catch up on this: especially now that you guys are digging it.

Edit: also, I'm sorry that happened to you, @Wretchedest . I've read about, and,.seen a lot of footage of, those camps that were intended to "fix/help" kids back in the eighties and nineties. The parents paid good money, trying to do what's best, and don't realize they're putting their child in a horrific situation. One of my VERY closest friends caught some full scale SA at one such camp. Some people, if you give them just a LITTLE power...yeah. It's terrible.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-11-2022 at 02:25 PM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    it's brilliant so far. almost caught up. amazing cast, great soundtrack, and a whole lot of mood all the way through. looking forward to seeing how it unfolds in the season finale, let alone how it continues!

(also listening to shudder to think and that dog. pretty much all day today).

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I am trying to get friends to watch this just so I can talk to someone about how absolutely batshit Misty is. ha ha

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Yeah @theruiner when she Spoiler: doses and kidnaps the reporter, I gasped then was immediately scolding myself as I really should have seen that coming.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Spoiler: My assumption is that it is revealed that Misty is actually the "good" one past and present, despite her unsound methods and unhinged personality. It also appears that Shauna is the "evil" one.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    When I first heard about this, I was like, "Don't ya mean Yellowstone?" I've never heard of this show before.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    So many questions after that finale. Can't wait for next season.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    It's been quite a long time since I loved a show this much! The finale Spoiler: didn't answer our question as to what actually happened in the woods, but still moved the story forward in a way that I don't feel cheated

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Good setup for Season 2.
    I am excited to meet Spoiler: The cult of Lottie

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    What a fucking incredible show. I really really hope they're able to film the second season fairly quickly with no issues. I hella don't want to have to wait like two years for another season of this.

Spoiler: It was in the back of my mind the entire show that the main four weren't the only survivors. There was a very quick reference in an earlier episode where someone mentions that "the others are off the grid" or whatever it was. Yet somehow it still shook me when Nat's sponsor was like "who the fuck is Lottie Wilson". Also, Tai?? Didn't see that coming either somehow.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Really great finale...like was said above I hope it's not too long until the second season happens. It was for sure renewed right?!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yes.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    A couple of articles I’ve read in the past few days are strongly suggesting we may have Season 2 by the end of the year or early next year. Sounds like they are already writing season 2. It’s way too early to count this as factual but it’s good to hear they are planning to have it ready sooner than later.
    Last edited by Swykk; 01-18-2022 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Also, I’d like to just toss my casting opinion in here for adult Lottie—Summer Glau.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hell yeah.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    OH FUCK. For some reason I was under the impression there wouldn't be another season until 2024 so BRING IT ON.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The ending of tonight's episode had ttrong "The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover" vibes. Shit was intense

Edit: Also, the use of "Climbing Up the Walls" was perfect for that scene. Music has been great, generally, for this show.
    Last edited by Ruined; 04-01-2023 at 07:27 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    There will not be a better character than the hotel clerk. Also:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Well today's episode was a tough watch. Damn.