Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Hannibal

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Great episode, especially those flashbacks with Eddie Izzard.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Great episode, especially those flashbacks with Eddie Izzard.
    Yeah.

Spoiler: Eating body parts that were amputated off your own body like no big deal. As for Bedelia, I can't figure her out. Was she willing and now a "captive" of circumstances, was brainwashed to travel with him due to their "friendship," was she obligated since he lied to her about patient killing? Does she love/admire him in some way? Does she have homicidal tendencies but not for eating? So many whats and whys

The most chilling part to the episode to me is when Hannibal and Gideon talking about cannibalism and Hannibal's response of it not as cannibalism since cannibalism is when "equals" eat others. There's that arrogant psychopath.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Yeah.

Spoiler: Eating body parts that were amputated off your own body like no big deal. As for Bedelia, I can't figure her out. Was she willing and now a "captive" of circumstances, was brainwashed to travel with him due to their "friendship," was she obligated since he lied to her about patient killing? Does she love/admire him in some way? Does she have homicidal tendencies but not for eating? So many whats and whys

The most chilling part to the episode to me is when Hannibal and Gideon talking about cannibalism and Hannibal's response of it not as cannibalism since cannibalism is when "equals" eat others. There's that arrogant psychopath.
    Spoiler: Seems to me she just got in way over her head. She thought she could understand Hannibal and that they were one in the same, but quickly learned that she was wrong. The scene at the end of the episode where Hannibal kills the guy did a great job to remind the audience just how evil he is, which is easy to forget with this show.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Spoiler: Seems to me she just got in way over her head. She thought she could understand Hannibal and that they were one in the same, but quickly learned that she was wrong. The scene at the end of the episode where Hannibal kills the guy did a great job to remind the audience just how evil he is, which is easy to forget with this show.
    Spoiler: I assume so but she has to have let go of her rational thinking due to his charms since she's a psychiatrist she should know you can't rationalize or make sense or hell even enjoy company with psychopaths. As for her being a "participant" in his crimes, she essentially is by not saying shit. I also loved the upcoming spoiler after the episode. He must be bored, time for play if he wants to entice Graham and the FBI to find him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Ok, I guess I'll ban myself from this thread until I'm done with the season.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Ok, I guess I'll ban myself from this thread until I'm done with the season.
    Rule of thumb: never enter a tv show thread if you're not caught up on the episodes.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New (previously used) avatar for reppin'.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Abigail is surely dead?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tried to get into Hannibal after all hoopla i've heard and once again i'm disappointed. That's what i get for trusting the general public.
    It's just another fucking cop procedural show dressed up very nicely with neat dream sequences.

Back to never watching broadcast television.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Abigail is surely dead?
    Seems to be the implication

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Tried to get into Hannibal after all hoopla i've heard and once again i'm disappointed. That's what i get for trusting the general public.
    It's just another fucking cop procedural show dressed up very nicely with neat dream sequences.

Back to never watching broadcast television.
    How many episodes have you watched? If your answer is 2 or one, watch more. Or not. Doesn't matter, some people like it some don't.

Also, it was always as such because Lecter always served as a forensic psychiatrist (even the famous Silence of the Lambs film is as such). So of course they'll show cases and how they solve them. I don't think the show is a "cop procedural" show. Bit shallow to think of it as that. Honestly never got that I vibe.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Have to admit, I was a little thrown off by the immense changes of 'Antipasto.' The first two seasons move quickly and reveal so much in every episode, both plot and character wise, but I was taken aback by how slow everything became, practically grinding to a screeching halt. Having watched it two more times since it's debut I've come to appreciate it more and overall it's a great episode. It's mainly exposition with very little payoff. It's great to see Bedelia and, of course, Hannibal again. The flashbacks with Eddie Izzard are drenched in foreshadowing and insight into Hannibal's mind. Bedelia's confused and crippling mindset that makes her equal parts prisoner and accomplice (are you, in this very moment, observing or participating?) is brought to the forefront of this episode, and it's fascinating to watch her and Hannibal's relationship develop throughout. It's fantastic storytelling that takes it's sweet time, and once I realized that this would be a different animal from the previous seasons, I was able to enjoy it more.

'Primavera' had me from the get go. It was great having Will back. His journey to find Hannibal and seeing how damaged he'd become since season two's bloody and brilliant finale was truly a heartbreaking and mesmerizing forty-five minutes of television. The conclusion in the catacombs, fragile words whispering forgiveness, and fading to black was simply beautiful. Speaking of heartbreak, sweet merciful motherfuck, good to see the creative minds writing and producing the show haven't lost their ability to create nightmare fuel.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I've said it before and I will say it again. How a show like this is on network television is beyond me.

This new season is far more trippier than anything I remember from the previous seasons. This last episode just felt like an extended fever dream. I was a little itchy at the pace these new episodes move but as soon as I was able to let go of what I thought this show was the more I was able to really just enjoy the experience.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

I'm betting Amazon will pick it up, they have the streaming rights anyway.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    What a goddamn shame.

Hopefully this is a blessing in disguise considering this is the network who blurred nudity in classical paintings two weeks ago. Who does that? Surely Amazon, Netflix, Hulu (last place I'd want it but it'd be better than nothing), or some cable channel has got to pick it up. It's a critical darling, absolutely excellent and has just not been marketed/promoted well whatsoever. Almost no one I've talked to about it seems to even know it exists. Starting a new season in the NBA finals and then judging it for having lowered ratings? Seriously?

It's by far my favorite show currently on TV based on one of my favorite book series around and the last thing I want is to see it go. Hopefully it'll get a new home announced soon.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Sucks but I knew they wouldn't allow it to ever air the entire desired story arc. Such horseshit.

If someone picks it up, I hope it does well still and gets video releases still. I hope season 3 gets a blu-ray release too.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    For those interested you can buy a ton of props and costuming from the first two seasons on auction currently (full of spoilerific items): http://propstore.auctionserver.net/v...catalog/id/23/
    @Space Suicide my birthday's this week and I'm totally planning on picking up the Art of Hannibal book and one of the soundtrack releases to support it. There's a high shot of it getting picked up elsewhere. Twitter's already got savehannibal trending at the moment I believe.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hopefully someone else picks it up.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    For those interested you can buy a ton of props and costuming from the first two seasons on auction currently (full of spoilerific items): http://propstore.auctionserver.net/v...catalog/id/23/
    @Space Suicide my birthday's this week and I'm totally planning on picking up the Art of Hannibal book and one of the soundtrack releases to support it. There's a high shot of it getting picked up elsewhere. Twitter's already got savehannibal trending at the moment I believe.
    I had/have every intention to buy that book and I will.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The stab to the temple came so suddenly. I love how this show went from a very episodic police procedural to a full on season long arch fever fever dream.

Im reading that if there is a season 4 it might be with Amazon but securing international financing will prove difficult without NBC. Fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I had watched Season 1 back when I had TV. Now that I'm streaming I'm finally onto Season 2 (Amazon) and am convinced it's the most visually stunning and well-crafted TV show I've ever seen. I really hope someone has the sense to keep it going.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This week's episode was great!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This week's episode was great!

Things are really starting to heat up. This is much better than the movie Hannibal (except Gary Oldman)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Last night's episode just totally cemented it as the greatest adaptation of a book series I've seen. I so desperately need this to get to do all it wants with the source material, and it's such a shame knowing it probably never will. I'm just so blown away by it, there's no show like it. Visually it is without a doubt the most impressive thing I've ever seen on TV.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Can anyone explain to me how we go from Hannibal sawing Will's head to both of them immediately hanging upside down at Mason's Ranch?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Can anyone explain to me how we go from Hannibal sawing Will's head to both of them immediately hanging upside down at Mason's Ranch?
    Excellent question. They will need to explain that in the next episode. Spoiler: I would guess it had something to do with Du Maurier confessing Hannibal's current location to the crooked cop. Is it just me or did it feel like Hannibal sawed into Will's head much more than it showed when they were hanging upside down?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Spoiler: What I really don't get is how it looks like Will's head is completely intact when he's at the ranch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Spoiler: What I really don't get is how it looks like Will's head is completely intact when he's at the ranch
    It isn't intact

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)