Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hannibal

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I was kind of hoping the series would show Hannibal's relationship with Mason Verger pre-cutting off his own face, so that they could set up the Verger plotline that comes later.

Edit: looking at the Hannibal page on rottentomatoes (which has a 100% fresh rating btw), it looks like Verger will appear at some point played by Michael Pitt http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/hannibal/
    According to IMDb he was in last weeks episode.

*edit* ahh yep. Not explicitly named or shown much but he's there.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 04-24-2014 at 01:35 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    According to IMDb he was in last weeks episode.

*edit* ahh yep. Not explicitly named or shown much but he's there.
    I'm guessing you went back and saw him? Where was he?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    this guy:

His sister talks about already having tried to kill him before, so I'm thinking he may already look a bit fucked up.

*edit* never mind that last bit, here's what he's going to look like when we see him:

**edit**

The last episode actually scared me a bit. I don't know why, especially compared to past episodes, but the idea of a killer in a mechanical-man-bear-exoskeleton just terrified me. Disappointed Mason wasn't in it, I'd hear he would be. But I like how they're building up how terrible he is before we see him. And seeing Wills "design" in the preview for next week was chilling, I just don't know how how managed to fight off a guy in a mechanical suit designed for killing people. But I'm sure the next episode won't have a new killer and will mostly be focused on what happened at Wills that night, and hopefully get a bit more info on Mason or introduce him formally. I've never read the books but I feel like I might have to when this season is over because I'm completely in awe of it.

Also, apparently the 1st murder ever shown (opening scene of season 1, actually) was done by the Tooth Fairy, and Bryan Fuller (creator/showrunner) wants to do 7 seasons, 4/5/6 would be Red Dragon/SotL/Hannibal, and then end on a new creation that pairs up Will and Clarice together to bring down Hannibal. That's all been confirmed officially, and the general consensus among fans is that season 3 is going to be Hannibal on the run from the FBI for the first half, then on trial for the rest.

I can't fucking wait.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 04-27-2014 at 03:35 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So, my partner and I just finished season 1, and wow. That was incredible. This is the first thing on TV since BrBa ended that I'm strongly interested in (I watch Mad Men, but that's been on-going, this is relatively new). Cannot wait to start S2 later today and get caught up throughout the week.

Also I know it's been said anywhere and everywhere, but good god is Mikkelsen an amazing Lecter. This whole cast is impeccable. It's also really great to see people like Fishburne and Gillian Anderson doing something this worthwhile again; also I would've never thought Eddie Izzard could be so amazingly creepy. And holy shit the sound on this show, it's like nothing I've heard on TV. All of Will's breakdowns that we've gotten to see have just been incredible experiences to watch and hear.

And Hannibal's suits are so gorgeous that I found myself upset in the episode where he was in the back of the ambulance and got blood on it; those things are works of art.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Still playing catchup with this show but I am absolutely in love with it. Riveting storytelling with likable, relatable and heinous characters. Love Mads Mikkelsen's portrayal of the infamous character, maybe even more than the almighty Anthony Hopkins....

Going to suck catching up via season 2 unless I plan to torrent the show to watch until the season set is released this September. Gah.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    New pic of Verger surfaced I guess...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Another new one, in colour!

Dude looks like a meat-packing pimp.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Anyone here interested in owning season one on DVD? I bought the blu-ray and no longer need the DVD copy I own. I'll take 10.00 for it, shipping included. PM me if you want it

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Good news...

Bryan Fuller has revealed that he is "very confident" that Hannibal will be renewed for a third season.

Fuller also revealed that he and his co-producers have considered alternative options for producing the third season, should NBC fail to renew the show.

Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-30-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm all caught up!

Let's keep it short, where do you all think the series is going to be by the end of the season? The way it's going...

Spoiler: It's as if Will is acting out as an ally and puppet for Hannibal to gain his trust and then thwart him at the end of the season. But how does that stand or land the next supposed 5 seasons? I mean he can get imprisoned with proof at the end of the season and help the FBI out by helping behind bars ala Silence of the Lambs style but the show is way too early to keep him locked up this early on in the series.

Tonight's episode looks super wicked.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Well holy fucking shit, that last 15 minutes of the episode was a game-changer if there ever was one. I can't wait to see that scene next week but I really hate that they showed it's coming, these "text time on Hannibal" things are way too spoilery.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Well, that was incredible. Didn't get to see it when it aired last night, but watched it ondemand earlier and it was, as always, great. Definitely excited for the next three episodes, and loving all of the speculation/uncertainty revolving around Will's most recent actions.

Oh, @Space Suicide : Spoiler: Fuller has said seasons 1-3 build up to season 4, which will be the main plot of Red Dragon, so it's safe to assume that this next season will quite possibly be Hannibal on the run, throwing the FBI off his trail and eventually getting caught, with season 4 having him imprisoned, season 5 being SotL which would of course end in his escape, leaving them open for the plot of Hannibal for season 6 and their own ending for 7.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    For people who watched the preview for next week's episode:
    Spoiler: The flaming wheelchair anyone? Assuming that was Freddie Lounds, as it was in Red Dragon, does this mean they are going to be skipping the whole Francis Dolarhyde plotline and have someone else kill her?
    Needless to say, I'm excited.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    For people who watched the preview for next week's episode:
    Spoiler: The flaming wheelchair anyone? Assuming that was Freddie Lounds, as it was in Red Dragon, does this mean they are going to be skipping the whole Francis Dolarhyde plotline and have someone else kill her?
    Needless to say, I'm excited.
    umm... Spoiler: I thought it was pretty clear that Will killed her and served some of her to Hannibal? And the burning wheel chair bit is probably what they do with the rest of her?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    umm... Spoiler: I thought it was pretty clear that Will killed her and served some of her to Hannibal? And the burning wheel chair bit is probably what they do with the rest of her?
    Spoiler: A lot of fans have theorized that Will didn't kill Freddie at all, that he kidnapped her and explained everything about Hannibal to her and that the meat he served was the guy with the animal suit thing; the theory goes that Will is setting Hannibal up to completely trust Will and eventually give a flat-out admission of guilt or at least give him some evidence he can use against him. This is largely supported by the "fishing" conversation Crawford and Will had at the start of the 2nd to last episode, in which they say they need to use live bait to convince the fish nothing else is after them, and Crawford says if Will can bring him the bait then Crawford will catch the fish, this was a metaphor for Hannibal and the on-going discussions of the difference between being a "hunter" or a "fisher," with Will now pretending to hunt.

Granted that's all speculation and it could go any which way.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    However this is gonna go down, I am excited for the last 3 episodes!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Friday's episode was an absolute mindfuck. I am never not amazed this is on a network. And it looks like the ratings are taking a bit of a curve for the better now.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    And it looks like the ratings are taking a bit of a curve for the better now.
    Well, I just started this Friday to watch it on network television rather than by my blu-ray and via download. So every bit helps.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Breathe out, everybody. The show has been renewed for it's third season.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I had a feeling it would be since we managed two seasons so far but AWESOME!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank G-d. Seriously. I was going to go fucking crazy if it was cancelled. It is by far the most beautiful show ever made as far as I am concerned. Also, the fucking music.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Roughly under 2 1/2 hrs till the new episode tonight on the east coast!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Catching up on the last two that I missed. Very relieved it was renewed. I would have been furious if they cancelled it. And that's an understatement. This show is amazing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Is this really the end of Freddie Lounds?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Spoiler: Is this really the end of Freddie Lounds?
    Seems like it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Seems like it.
    Spoiler: Like everyone stated, guess it wasn't. It was all a ploy. By previews for next week, I see Hannibal hanging above Mason's pigs. Wonder if he's losing his face next week?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Spoiler: Like everyone stated, guess it wasn't. It was all a ploy. By previews for next week, I see Hannibal hanging above Mason's pigs. Wonder if he's losing his face next week?
    Well there's only 2 episodes left, I'm assuming that will be the big event of next weeks episode.

Guess I'm gonna have to go pick up some books when the season's out, the only one I've read before is Silence of the Lambs.

*EDIT* MAJOR SPOILERS --- production stills from next weeks episode: http://www.farfarawaysite.com/sectio...13/gallery.htm
    Last edited by ibanez33; 05-09-2014 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Mason Verger is one of the most disturbing/horrifying characters in television history. I've never been so unsettled by a fictional character as when he had Margot on the operating table.