Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Garbage

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Garbage

So they're working on a new album. Here's hoping its more like the first two, and less like the most recent two

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Looking forward to the album. The U2 cover isn't half bad. I just wonder if they all still have it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I actually found Bleed Like Me good enough to be grouped with their first two albums. Beautifulgarbage had some good moments too with some of the slower songs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone get the new album. I wasn't impressed from first listen.

Anyone else think the 4 bonus tracks are better than the songs on the album?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i haven't heard the bonus tracks yet, but the album is solid. best thing they've done in a while, in my opinion. the single was a bit of a dud, but there's some great moments, some fantastic pop songs.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm liking this record more and more with each spin. I actually really liked Bleed Like Me, but 2.0 still remains their best.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The album sounds like where they left off from Bleed Like Me but I think NYKOP is better.

As for the bonus tracks, The One, What Girls are Made Of and Love Like Suicide are great! The other two, are alright.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    NYKOP grows on you, i remember putting it on my CD player and hating the first second and third song, now i like them except for "Blood for poppies", it sounds too generic to me, luckly the album has a lot more to offer, "Control" is awesome for instance.
    Still i think is very smilar to "Bleed like Me" i do like the CD, but i think Garbage missed a good opportunity to reinvent themselves or maybe explore more the darker style of their first album, my favorite one of them.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i legitimately love the goodbye mr. mackenzie stuff:

& speaking of garbage, caught the NYC show last week, and they've still got it in the live setting as well. in fact, i may have enjoyed last week's show more than the bleed like me tour. they walk a perfect line between rawness and slickness, and one of the most fun bands i've seen on stage. eric avery on bass certainly doesn't hurt.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I've never liked any Garbage album right off the bat and this one's no different. I hope it grows on me like the rest.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The albums grown on me big time. Really rate it now. I actually like it more than Bleed Like Me and easily better than Beautiful Garbage.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Reading a lot that this is brick wall mastered. True?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I met Shirley before the Chicago show and she is literally the sweetest. Told off some dudes trying to have her sign a guitar that "allegedly" Tom Petty signed so they could just stick it up on ebay. They got pissed and left, but she was standing up for us fans and pretty much got to all of us waiting. This was my first Garbage show though I've been a fan since a kid and was fantastic. The show was at the Metro so it was really intimate and special. She stopped the show a few times to tell some stories of the band's history relating to the venue and Chicago too. The setlist is a perfect mix of old and new stuff (love the new album though it grew on me) and everyone should go see them this tour!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    that kiss...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Nice. Sounds good.

I'm a huge Garbage fan--seen them 3x. I like the s/t. v2.0 and Bleed Like Me the best.

They have a ton of b-sides. I'd love for them to put them on a double-CD compilation.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post

They have a ton of b-sides. I'd love for them to put them on a double-CD compilation.
    Garbage fans have been wanting a B-side collection since 2001. Felt it would have been a good timing to have released one after beautifulgarbage.

Hopefully we dont have to wait much longer

caught them at their last tour, Shirley is ever charismatic! the crowd was just so mesmerised by all her stories and rants haha.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    They released a live DVD last year, One Million High Live, it's great.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I enjoyed the DVD too. I like these songs and I really liked Not Your Kind of People. I hope they release another album soon.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    I enjoyed the DVD too. I like these songs and I really liked Not Your Kind of People. I hope they release another album soon.
    I liked NYKOP but was maybe a little letdown. To me it sounded like they were in their comfort zone and played it safe. There's nothing really wrong with the album, it's good--but I was hoping for something a little more adventuress. I actually really liked Beautiful Garbage and LOVED Bleed Like Me. Those albums weren't as well received, but they were a little more daring, IMO.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 05-06-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    someone on reddit asked for this. so i made it and uploaded it. 5 minutes of the end of queer. maybe you want it for valentines day or something too. i don't know...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Fucking hell I'm old!!
    I remember seeing Shirley when she was in Goodbye Mr Mackenzie when they supported Big Audio Dynamite in Edinburgh about a hundred years ago.
    I loved the first two Garbage albums but lost interest after that. I recently met a Fan of Garbage though and he has been playing me more recent material. Not bad at all.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So, I got my ticket for the Brixton show in November. Billed as a 20th anniversary show, along with another in Paris, for the first album. Presumably there will be more dates added. I was set on seeing them for a third time, having seen them in '98 and '02, but then they cancelled in '05. Not sure why I didn't see 'em in 2012, but from watching clips on youtube it seems like they're better than ever, at least as a live act.

As much as I love that first album, I'm kinda hoping they don't just play it all in full, in order. For something like The Downward Spiral that really works, but I'd prefer to just see a nice mixed up setlist that just happens to include a good chunk of songs from that period (including b-sides, of course). Perhaps they'll break out some new material as well? I'm sure they've been working on a new album recently.

November is a long time away yet of course, but I believe they're doing something for Record Store Day. Presumably we won't see anything else until 2016.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    they will be releasing a 20th anniversary remaster of their debut

CD1 - Garbage
    1. Supervixen
    2. Queer
    3. Only Happy When It Rains
    4. As Heaven is Wide
    5. Not My Idea
    6. A Stroke of Luck
    7. Vow
    8. Stupid Girl
    9. Dog New Tricks
    10. My Lover's Box
    11. Fix Me Now
    12. Milk

CD2 – G-Sides
    1. Subhuman
    2. Girl Don’t Come
    3. Sleep
    4. Driving Lesson
    5. Trip My Wire
    6. #1 Crush (Nellee Hooper mix)
    7. Butterfly Collector
    8. Alien Sex Fiend
    9. Kick My Ass
    Last edited by LaneSax; 09-02-2015 at 11:39 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post

CD2 – G-Sides
    1. Subhuman
    2. Girl Don’t Come
    3. Sleep
    4. Driving Lesson
    5. Trip My Wire
    6. #1 Crush (Nellee Hooper mix)
    7. Butterfly Collector
    8. Alien Sex Fiend
    9. Kick My Ass
    The itunes version includes 62 tracks altogether! Remixes galore but also demo versions! ahhhh! Strangely it seems to lack the "Torn Apart" mix of Vow. huh. Nevertheless....
    Last edited by uroboros; 09-03-2015 at 12:13 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Release: Oct 2nd

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    They are coming to Boston the same night as Chris Cornell, bummer.

I wish they would just release all their b sides.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It would be nice to be able to order just the vinyl without all the extra stuff.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    A_R - I'm sure the standard double LP will show up eventually. Not sure why it seems to be European only at the moment. I'm half tempted by the super box set, but mainly I'm after the remixes and unreleased tracks. Reminded me of a tweet from a while back now: Weird about the Torn Apart mix, but I guess maybe one of the new Vow mixes might be the same/similar. Be nice to see some new merch show up.. even if only at the gigs. Can't believe I lost my pink girls cut Garbage t-shirt from back in the day. Not that I'd be able to wear out now.
    Anyway, worth noting (and this is UK I'm talking about) that the full super deluxe set is way cheaper on Amazon than it is on iTunes. Guessing they've made a mistake and it'll change nearer the release date, but you never know. Also, the later albums are showing as reissued remasters on iTunes. I wonder if this means we might see full expanded versions in the near future? A touch optimistic perhaps, but it would be nice to have all the b-sides at least.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uroboros View Post
    The itunes version includes 62 tracks altogether! Remixes galore but also demo versions! ahhhh! Strangely it seems to lack the "Torn Apart" mix of Vow. huh. Nevertheless....
    that sucks if they don't get a physical release!

not arsed about the remixes but sure as hell would be keen on demos or more G-sides

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    I wonder if this means we might see full expanded versions in the near future? A touch optimistic perhaps, but it would be nice to have all the b-sides at least.
    I hope!

I really want them G-sides on CD!