Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Things That Piss You Off - more bitching about your mom

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Being a glorified babysitter at work for an employee that, despite being old enough to be my mother, acts like a petulant child with no respect towards any of her supervisors, including myself.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Being a glorified babysitter at work for an employee that, despite being old enough to be my mother, acts like a petulant child with no respect towards any of her supervisors, including myself.
    Ugh, there was a woman like that in art school with me. She annoyed the shit out of me. I finally snapped at her when she came in looking ill and announced she had stomach flu. I told her to gtfo if she was sick, "I don't fucking want stomach flu!!"

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Micheal Bay confirming that in the TMNT remake, they will be aliens. I hate him so fucking much.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It doesn't really piss me off, but I don't think I'll ever understand why digital copies of books/music/movies cost more than the physical copy. The iTunes version of The Walking Dead is almost $2 more than the actual books on Amazon. What, are they going for some kind of "convenience charge" logic? Screw that, I'll carry around the books with pride instead of pay extra just to not have anything tangible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm in the same boat. We have the same employee where I work. She is constantly fucking up and ignores any kind of instructuion or policy. I've even reported her to HR for grabbing my leg and she's still here. I always assume that people like that have serious dirt on someone high up in the company. "Fire me and the pics of you fucking your own dad in the ass with a rubber fist go online" kind of dirt.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Nothing more infuriating than an employee who has no fucking clue what entails with my job telling me that I shouldn't let things "get to me". Excuse me for giving a damn and having expectations to follow through on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    People who stand in queues waiting to pay with a couple of items, and then rifle through their small change to try and make it up exactly with absolutely no regard for the time it takes them. Fucking pay and leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nothing more infuriating than an employee who has no fucking clue what entails with my job telling me that I shouldn't let things "get to me". Excuse me for giving a damn and having expectations to follow through on.
    Extra special hate for this as not only is it fucking annoying, but completely hypocritical. Shouldn't let things get to me, huh? HOW ABOUT YOU TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE AND SHUT THE FUCK UP. Your fucking turn to be the zen monk, asshole. I'm pissed.

And . . . . people not getting back to me. Say yes, say no, say you're busy, I don't fucking care, but I asked you simple, specific questions, and you're just not answering. I'm a big boy, so say whatever you need to say. And now, next time we see each other, and that probably will happen, it's going to be awkward as fuck. And I know . . . I just fucking know, that even if I bring it up in a professional and non-confrontational manner, I'll be labeled some kind of grudge holder. Wouldn't be so bad if these folks weren't going to great lengths to portray themselves as the friendliest most down-to-earth fucks on the planet.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    And . . . . people not getting back to me. Say yes, say no, say you're busy, I don't fucking care, but I asked you simple, specific questions, and you're just not answering. I'm a big boy, so say whatever you need to say. And now, next time we see each other, and that probably will happen, it's going to be awkward as fuck. And I know . . . I just fucking know, that even if I bring it up in a professional and non-confrontational manner, I'll be labeled some kind of grudge holder. Wouldn't be so bad if these folks weren't going to great lengths to portray themselves as the friendliest most down-to-earth fucks on the planet.
    Agreed. I've been asking for a raise at work for two years, and I haven't even heard a "No." The directors have time and money to get 9 all new 32" HD televisions for the cardio and weight rooms and replace all the perfectly fine hand soap dispensers with shiny new automated ones, but I can't even get a dollar raise when I've worked here 5 years AND work two jobs there every night? Fine. They could at least have the decency to flat out tell me I can't have the raise instead of saying "Uhhh, we'll discuss it at the next board meeting" every time I ask.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    This is a small thing, but it's annoying thing nonetheless- commercial websites that don't leave a contact customer service email address, but instead rely on an online form, with name, address, and a comments text field. If I'm getting in touch with a site to procure services, like say, catering- the chances are I'm going to send a standard email to a bunch of companies, not just the one. This is where an info@xxxxxx.com type address works wonders. If you don't have that, and you rely on a form on it's own, you're going to annoy the potential customer with things like auto-complete, required fields, and a lack of certainty that the message is actually getting sent. It's just ugly and annoying when an email does just as well, and is often a lot quicker.

You're more likely to see this happen on awful flash based websites, for some reason, like it's a stylistic thing.
    Last edited by DF118; 03-21-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Agreed. I've been asking for a raise at work for two years, and I haven't even heard a "No." The directors have time and money to get 9 all new 32" HD televisions for the cardio and weight rooms and replace all the perfectly fine hand soap dispensers with shiny new automated ones, but I can't even get a dollar raise when I've worked here 5 years AND work two jobs there every night? Fine. They could at least have the decency to flat out tell me I can't have the raise instead of saying "Uhhh, we'll discuss it at the next board meeting" every time I ask.
    I'd quit if I were you.

On the flip side of this - being logged in to the company IM does not give you license to interupt me and expect that I respond to muiltiple questions Plus, don't send me an IM at 8:10am and say: "please call me". What are you fucking kidding me? Are you my boss? Do I work for you? Is my time your time? No. Then when I tell you I'm on the phone, don't shoot off emails asking single questions. Then reply-all with another single question and fill up my inbox. The worse part, this fucker was asking shit that was just so beyond the scope of what we charged him to do. No, you are not providing any value add- just shut up and do what we told you. Annoying fuck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    For reasons I cannot describe, it really fucks me off when people leave a few seconds on the microwave timer. You were reheating risotto, not defusing a bomb in Counter-Strike.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    To the teenager in the household who decided to open the dishwasher full of clean dishes, take what she needed and close it back up resetting the clean light so I end up running that same load again with your newly dirtied dishes because I'm old and forgetfully stupid: Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Work is seriously kicking my ass lately. We have all these speed-of-service targets to reach, which I can understand—they want to keep things as efficient as possible when there are so few staff. Problem is we kind of need the customers to play ball if we want that to work, and a lot of the people who shop where I work are elderly or foreign so they don't really know how the store operates, which means we need to spend a little extra time helping them. Every minute you're helping somebody is a chance for another customer to file into the queue, and when you're more often than not the only person on tills it all starts to rack up.

I'm not bitching about my employers, don't get me wrong. I just don't understand how everybody I work with doesn't crack under all this pressure.
    Last edited by Hula; 03-23-2012 at 04:29 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Pretty goddamn sure my landlord is ripping me off with my share towards "bills". Time to move out properly methinks.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I'd quit if I were you.

On the flip side of this - being logged in to the company IM does not give you license to interupt me and expect that I respond to muiltiple questions Plus, don't send me an IM at 8:10am and say: "please call me". What are you fucking kidding me? Are you my boss? Do I work for you? Is my time your time? No. Then when I tell you I'm on the phone, don't shoot off emails asking single questions. Then reply-all with another single question and fill up my inbox. The worse part, this fucker was asking shit that was just so beyond the scope of what we charged him to do. No, you are not providing any value add- just shut up and do what we told you. Annoying fuck.
    I really hate myself for not quitting earlier. I know I should have. But to be fair, the job was just fine until my boss decided to just stop hiring new people and use me to do all the extra work instead. The first three people we lost, he really did find a replacement after less than a week. Then the last time someone left, he just didn't even bother looking. I even gave him recommendations on people I knew who were interested and he just shrugged it off, and now it's been a year and I can't remember the last time I had a Saturday or a weeknight to myself.

Anyway, another annoying thing - "When I get sad I stop being sad and get awesome instead. " Jesus fuck, that's getting old.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Ordering a physical copy of Lightroom 4 instead of a downloadable copy was a bad move. Damn you international shipping times.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Living with a disrespectful old woman who is just miserable about her life. Always fucking nagging and bringing others down. Death cannot come any sooner to her. I have never ever seen such a person so nasty to her own granddaughter. I am about 2 clicks away from bashing her fucking skull in.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    When something gets into my head, and I just can't let it go.
    Last edited by Magtig; 03-27-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I'm going through that right now. I got some advice from someone wrapped in a nice package of prickish attitude. It was nice of this person to take the time to give me advice, and it is definitely appreciated, but being an asshole about it for no reason whatsoever gets under my skin. I'm trying not to let this stuff get to me, though.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    One of my wife's friends has a younger teenage brother. His mom posted this on his facebook wall. I felt compelled to respond.

WTF is wrong with some people?!?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    God, that's appalling. Good on you for speaking up.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Pretty much sums up my thoughts at the moment...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    One of my wife's friends has a younger teenage brother. His mom posted this on his facebook wall. I felt compelled to respond.

Fuckin' rights, man!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Depression. Really getting sick of one second being happy and another second being completely miserable. I probably need some sort of medication, but I'm afraid to even take any because addiction runs in my family, and I'm sure I'd abuse it...

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post

First of all, that's awesome that you spoke up. Dealing with my own gender issues, this really hits close to home. What a closed-minded imbecile.

Secondly, your comeback was fantastic.

Third, even if she does have a problem with this (because she's a bigot, obviously), pointing it out on Facebook publicly is really, really low. Especially for someone who supposedly cares about her kid. What an ass.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I introduced a new friend to my best friend a little while back because I'd agreed to hang out with him but then my best friend finally had some free time to hang out, so I thought I'd make the best of both worlds. Things were a little awkward, but they got on okay I guess.

It's just that now, me and the guy aren't so much friends any more and he's decided to ingratiate himself to the BFF. That consists of spamming her with Facebook wall posts, messaging her, and trying to use her as an 'in' to my group. Now I've found out that she told him she was moving house (essentially moving too far away for us to hang out) before she told me, and that they've been hanging out without me. Which is fine, I guess, since people make friends all the time, but it feels weird. Couple that with the fact that he's been obsessively posting on my sister-in-law's Facebook wall too, when they never really spoke that much, and trying to find a way to befriend my brother...

It's annoying and it's creepy. I feel like I should talk to my friends about it but I don't know if I'm being irrational or paranoid or what.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know I work retail and a certain level of drama should be expected, but It seems like the last few months have been one long episode of "Return of the Junior High". Almost everyone I work with is over 21, and many are 30 and over. But the 18-year-olds are the least dramatic group of them all. Explain that one to me, please. If you're that bored, get a goddamned hobby, and stop making my life miserable.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I let my landlord get away w/being a lazy piece of crap sometimes because I hate confrontation. He often manages to weasel out of his responsibilities (repairs, general maintenance, etc) because I am loathe to call him out on it; conflict makes me really uncomfortable. I need to HTFU & start taking more initiative in that regard.

Also, one of my external hard drives has a nasty case of bad sectors/corrupt files, making the important stuff I need to access impossible for the moment. I foresee a long night w/data recovery tools ahead... :s