Thread: Gears of War - Scratch one Grub

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Don't get me started on the Sawed Off. I wrote a page long rant on the official forums that started a huge debate as to how the designers themselves, especially Rod F. actually said in interviews that it was a gun for new players to be able to 'keep up with more seasoned players'. That and the gnasher are not only OP both in power, but in range. An active gnasher downs you in 1-2 shots from a range far greater than it should be. It's a natural result though of gaming. Whatever weapon will give you the easiest kills is the one that people will always gravitate towards. I've been in, I'd say, three matches EVER where it was hammy/lancer fests...but 99% of the time it's Shotguns of War. There's a reason my K/D is actually pretty good and why I use the Retro Lancer 99% of the time.

Of course shotgun users will be the first to whine that everyone who uses Lancers are the terrible players, but it's a game that HEAVILY favors shotgun runners. If it was maps of open fields, I'm the first to admit it'd be a different story...but it's mazes of walls and corners to hide behind. The game itself is a game based on a system of cover. Shotgun runners are shitty teammates, waiting around corners for that cheap, shitty kill (especially Sawed Off users) instead of helping their team. I can't tell you how many Sawed Off users I've laughed at that ran headfirst in to my bullets JUST to try to get close enough to me...from chasing me for 20 seconds straight ('could've lancered me loooong ago, pal') to staring at me from 50 ft. away...me not moving but just watching them to see if they'll realize a shotgun won't do much at that distance ('could've just lancered me loooong ago, pal'). Basically, it turns you in to just another predictable shotgun clown that I can beat 9 times outta 10. It also makes you shit in terms of helping your team. With the Sawed Off, sure you might get a kill, but you'll probably die too since you ran in to a crowd of gunfire. So what good for your team were you? 1 for 1...no advantage for your team.

Again though, I get it...whatever takes the least amount of skill to actually do ('what, I have to actually AIM with a Lancer?...pfft) will be what people do the most. Nothing new.

In other news here are the new achievements for Fenix Rising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My absolute favourite is after a player shoots their sawed off shotgun, they usually do their run away shit while reloading and so many times while they've done this they've run straight into me with a loaded weapon, they still reloading of course because the sawed off takes so fucking long to reload. Nothing pleases me more than to shoot them in the face with my gnasher.