Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears of War - Scratch one Grub

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Playing a Ranked Execution Match on Blood Drive with my stacked team/eventual clan members was almost certain defeat (3-1). But somehow, someway we pushed and ended up winning the match. So satisfying, a real feeling of accomplishment when you do such feats in this game. So tactical and methodical in playing. I love it and this game.

I ended up going 4 kills, 8 downs, 3 revives and 5 deaths.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I haven't had too much time to play it, but when I get back to the States it's show time.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua Afro DJ View Post
    I haven't had too much time to play it, but when I get back to the States it's show time.
    Niiiiiice.

I finally hooked up my friend's TV to my system. Love it. he moved last October so I've been in possession of his TV. I just not finally hooked it up - now I can play Gears 3 by using his glorious 55" HD 3D Plasma Screen TV. It's beautiful *sniff* coming from me playing on my old standard 30" television.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I posted all that information, sans TU3, on the last page but thanks for the awesome reminder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have my Wings. How do I re-up? Does it just do it automatically after the first game I play or what?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by novacide View Post
    I have my Wings. How do I re-up? Does it just do it automatically after the first game I play or what?
    Go to Stats and Awards and click x. Bing. Done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, my dude.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Liking the changes to Escalation and the new map Depths (only because it blatantly borrows heavily from the best video game ever created, BioShock). New characters are meh, the first prestige weapon skin is meh (a lot of the skins are meh and I find that there should be more character changes, like colors on the helmets or something rather than just weapon skins)...digging it a lot but still...the new stuff is alright at best.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm Level 19 already in my second go through.

As me being an owner of Savage Kantus. I find it unfair and a waste that he was released as DLC in this. In actuality we're getting two more skins - Recruit Carmine (Clayton with sleeves re-skin) and Savage Marauder (which was Savage Creeper before?). The rest is just recolored skins - lame and lazy. I think it's dumb they are releasing Cole Train, since you had to earn him in the Beta.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 01-19-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I never played the beta, so that worked out well for me.

I'm on Rank 6. Haven't had a chance to play any of the new maps though.
    Also starting to get sick of some of the maps, Bullet Marsh, I'm looking at you.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Finally cracked open my copy of the game again and im starting to go after the other achievements that I missed the first time around. If anyone wants to play, hit me up - NotoriousTIMP

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Finally cracked open my copy of the game again and im starting to go after the other achievements that I missed the first time around. If anyone wants to play, hit me up - NotoriousTIMP
    Play what? Campaign? if so I'm up to helping as I need a few collectibles I never got.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm having issues connecting to ANY online games lately. Apparently this is a problem a lot are experiencing since installing Fenix Rising. Lame, I guess, but what can you do?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Play what? Campaign? if so I'm up to helping as I need a few collectibles I never got.
    I've been playing the new DLC like Ramm's Shadow and that shit is fun. Hit me up the next time you see me online, even if I'm watching Netflix, and I'll jump on to Gears so we can kill stuff

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm always down for invites as well, my gamertag is my handle here without the underscore, all one word lower case. Just hit level 50 on the first prestige...thought it wasn't too shabby until I played with someone who was level 24 on their second prestige lol. I've gotta get my playing in, as my wedding gets closer I'm going to be playing less and less. :/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I'm always down for invites as well, my gamertag is my handle here without the underscore, all one word lower case. Just hit level 50 on the first prestige...thought it wasn't too shabby until I played with someone who was level 24 on their second prestige lol. I've gotta get my playing in, as my wedding gets closer I'm going to be playing less and less. :/
    A guy in my clan of friends who I play with actually boosted all the way up to the red rank. He did that and was red on last Friday I believe...insane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am so addicted to Horde mode. I just wish random's wouldn't quit out after wave 10 half the time.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    HAHAHAHA, my co-worker Cody and his friend made this. They record conversations when playing gears of war and this one is priceless

(NSFW)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Holy shit, that was amazing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That was amusing, on the subject of capture cards its good news as my clan finally has 2 members that have capture cards. We'll start posting matches online soon, I might post some here for testing waters. We always accept a tryout session, anyone wanting to perhaps join could and should message me. I'll be back in this thread with a video to share sometime.

I am at Level 61 in Green. This takes forever to rank up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm on Level 44 in Green. I've started noticing a lot of people in red.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by novacide View Post
    I'm on Level 44 in Green. I've started noticing a lot of people in red.
    I've seen people in the Blue ranks. Mad boosting going on or hacking, either or.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mad boosting. These kids have no lives.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Been at green 61 for days and days, pretty burned out...might stay away until the next DLC. This weekend's Gears Weekend is Valentine's themed, with dark pink weapons and giant candy heart heads. No really.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Been at green 61 for days and days, pretty burned out...might stay away until the next DLC. This weekend's Gears Weekend is Valentine's themed, with dark pink weapons and giant candy heart heads. No really.
    Actually I love the Cupid Weapon Skins to death! I wish they were permanent. They look hot on a shotty with my Deadly Cute Lancer. I bought the Ocean Animated Weapon Skin today since I got some free points from Live Rewards.

I for one hate the Cupid's Wingman event and Wingman is a horrid gametype in general. I have to play it for an event ribbon though so eh. It's not unlocking anyways for playing a match this weekend.

I'm Level 62 now, slow leveling.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I got it too haha, I told my friend 'I don't dig the re-enlist skin, I wish they had a watery-BioShocky blue green one.' no joke. Might jump on tonight since the better half is out of town for a bit, but will probably stick on Gotham City Impostors more...it's mad fun.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I got it too haha, I told my friend 'I don't dig the re-enlist skin, I wish they had a watery-BioShocky blue green one.' no joke. Might jump on tonight since the better half is out of town for a bit, but will probably stick on Gotham City Impostors more...it's mad fun.
    Your better half should play the Cupid's Wingman with you, that's what it's intended for.

I have quite a few bought skins:

Team Distressed
    Imulsion
    Infected Omen (Came with my Adam Fenix code)
    Deadly Cute
    Blood
    Green Liquid Metal (Jack in the Box exclusive)
    Jungle Camo (Horde Command DLC)
    Team Plasma (Horde Command DLC)
    Chocolate (RAAM's Shadow DLC)
    Liquid Metal (Season Pass DLC)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm on Rank 54 in Green. I miss my social life.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    DLC 4 news coming tomorrow, link includes very short video of some new stuff.

Looks like Raven Down is back, though I never liked the map at all. Maybe I'll jump back in when the DLC drops, but currently still too stuck on GCI.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    DLC 4 news coming tomorrow, link includes very short video of some new stuff.

Looks like Raven Down is back, though I never liked the map at all. Maybe I'll jump back in when the DLC drops, but currently still too stuck on GCI.
    Hm, not bad. I wonder how badly that map will end up playing out. Either way, good news!