Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Everson Poe

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    good stuff! I bought a download.

Also, my dog Miles seemed to like your song a lot. More than my other dog (my other dog is my number one fan, lol )
    thank you so much! <3 glad we support each others music mutually (easy to do when it's good!)

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    new album out now!

everson poe • the great disruption
    four pieces inspired by the mapmakers trilogy book series by s.e. grove

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)

https://eversonpoe.bandcamp.com/track/all-yr-idols

i made a new song that was born out of my frustration with how many people are turning out to be sexual predators. they need to be held accountable for their actions, and survivors need to be provided with support. all proceeds will go to RAINN.

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)

https://eversonpoe.bandcamp.com/album/this-is-my-design

new EP inspired by the Hannibal TV series
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 01-28-2018 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    that cover is dope as fuck.

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    that cover is dope as fuck.
    i quite love it. it was designed by my friend crimesididntcommit

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    my new triptych album is out!!!

https://eversonpoe.bandcamp.com/albu...acred-complete

here's what my amazing friend dan caffrey had to say about it:

For the last decade, Maxwell Shults has recorded a dynamic body of work under the name Everson Poe, exploring everything from doom metal to new wave and even the occasional '50s slow-dance song. No matter the genre, their music has always been characterized by heaviness—not just in sound (although they certainly embody that, too), but in emotion as well. And their latest project, The Body Is Not Sacred is, without question, their most emotionally heavy work to date.

Exploring Maxwell's gender identity and struggle with gender dysphoria, the music embraces duality to convey two distinct halves living in the same being. Maxwell's visceral howl—a sound that many would characterize as being typically "masculine"—contrasts with the softer, ethereal vocals of longtime collaborator DEROSNEC. Both of their faces grace the album cover, embracing gender fluidity and making it hard to tell where one person ends and the other begins.

The duality extends to the arrangements and lyrics as well. On opener "We All Become Our Sins," a crackling spoken-word intro and ghostly wail from DEROSNEC quickly give way to Maxwell's jackhammer drums, guitar, and voice. Likewise, on lead single "No Comfort In The Void," Maxwell screams the phrase "I strive to reject the masculine in all its forms," subverting what listeners and critics have come to expect from even the most emotionally in-tune metal music.

The Body Is Not Sacred has no shortage of ambition. As Everson Poe's first triptych, the self-titled first section contains the four songs that serve as the album's foundation. Part two, The Body Is A Prison, raises the emotional stakes with four hard-hitting instrumentals, and the third and final part, The Body Is An Illusion, consists of "polite" versions of the songs from part one. Softer and more reliant on acoustics, the compositions are what one might call "feminine."

But as The Body Is Not Sacred proves, these kinds of labels mean nothing in the world of Everson Poe. Through their latest and greatest three-part epic, they present a journey where gender is first a puzzle, then a cage, and, finally, nonexistent.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    I spun the instrumental and Illusion versions this evening and am loving it so far... planning to dig into the unedited tracks at full volume shortly!

Mentioned
    756 Post(s)
    I love that cover!

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I spun the instrumental and Illusion versions this evening and am loving it so far... planning to dig into the unedited tracks at full volume shortly!
    interesting that you chose that order. i think that'll make it a very different experience and i'm excited to hear your thoughts! and also really glad you're enjoying it <3

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I love that cover!
    thanks! nina (derosnec) is a fucking wizard. she took a picture of me that's four years old where you could only see half of my face, then took a picture of herself to match, and merged them together. i don't know how she does it (but she also worked on the VFX post team for the new Antman movie so she's pretty fuckin' talented).

hopefully we'll be putting out a video for "no comfort in the void" at some point that explores the gender-related themes on the album. i'm pretty excited about it.

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)

a behind the scenes look at nina shooting the upcoming music video for "no comfort in the void"

i can't wait to see this thing!

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)

the video has arrived! really, really happy with how this turned out. all the props to nina/DEROSNEC for putting it together so beautifully.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Very cool! I dig it.