Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.04.23 - Chicago, IL @ The Vic

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)

2013.04.23 - Chicago, IL @ The Vic

The Victoria Theatre, best known as The Vic Theatre is a musical venue located in Chicago, Illinois. The Vic Theatre can easily accommodate 1,400 people, with seating for 1,000

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Assuming I can get tickets, I will be there!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I plan to get tickets to this show as well. It's the closest show to Michigan!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    The Vic Theater is amazing, I saw Jonsi there in 2010 and it's still one of my favorite concert experiences from both the show I saw and the venue itself.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    My girlfriends sister lives fairly close to The Vic so I'm super excited to hopefully score tickets and come up to Chicago and not have to worry about booking a hotel or anything. Took tomorrow off in complete preparation for the massive amount of stress that will be trying to secure tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if presale tickets are gonna be for the seats or the standing room?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The Vic is a Chicago treasure and we've seen tons of shows there but it IS in The Land of No Parking and you DO have to know the secrets of scoping out a Good Spot. I highly recommend the elevated areas in front of the main floor bar on the left.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-27-2013 at 09:50 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    The Vic is a Chicago treasure and we've seen tons of shows there but it IS in The Land of No Parking (Lincoln Park) and you DO have to know the secrets of scoping out a Good Spot. I highly recommend the elevated areas in front of the main floor bar on the left.
    Yeah I noticed that spot in a picture on google and have already mentally claimed that spot. Looks like pretty much the same type of prime spot we have at The Granada out here near KC. Assuming everyone is already going to bum rush the front of the stage I imagine it can't be TOO hard? If nothing else, and the entire venue is GA then I was going to shoot for front row balcony.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The entire Vic is always GA. it's a pretty small main floor and the balcony, as mentioned, is really steep

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Alright looks like east coast had tons of problems scoring tickets. Here's to good luck for us in getting in and out smoothly!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    sometimes they do seating, and it seems like that might be the case for this show (i hope). thankfully, it's a short train ride from my place, and the area it's in has a lot of great shopping/dining. so if you're coming in from out of town, check out the stuff that's nearby!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Good luck everyone! Let the refreshing game begin!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    it let me click on the pre-sale button but then it said "tickets are not currently available"

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    and then the pre-sale button disappeared again...hahaha

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    are you fucking kidding me? less than a minute? sold out in less than a minute? wtf?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Got 'em!!!!!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Hmm. Said there was an error processing my credit card and to try again. When I tried again, the tickets were already out of stock. Bummer.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    this fucking sucks. i have never been so angry about not getting tickets for something. that is such bullshit. especially since they were IN MY CART.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I grabbed 2 tickets. Thank goodness for my hi speed internet connection at work. See you all in Chicago!

To all of you who didn't get tickets, don't worry. More will be available when they go on sale to the public. The same thing happened to me for the Wave Goodbye shows at the Aragon, but I got tickets a couple days later.
    Last edited by gladcarrot; 02-27-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I had the hardest time actually securing my tickets. It kept giving me the "not on sale" page and then FINALLY one of my like 50 windows I had open went through. I legit yelled "YES!!!!" super loud in apartment. Pretty sure everyone in the building heard me. Don't get too bummed, everyone who didn't get tickets. They've been opening the Ticketmaster presales up almost immediately after the HTDA presales sell out. I'd check back in a few minutes and I'm sure that presale will be live.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    they're already on sale through jam. click on the "on sale" button next to sold out. just got two. $11 more than it would have been through HTDA directly and no fancy shmancy tickets but at least i got them.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Wasn't able to get the HTDA presale ones because the retarded store kept showing me a ticket, I'd hit BUY and then it told me I had nothing in my cart. Fuck's sake!
    I did get one through the etix/Jam mode so all is good but wow, that was intense and at times, hateful!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got in for the HTDA presale, selected my tickets and entered all my card info and after I hit purchase it said that the item was not available in the quantity I wanted. So unlike other ticket sites, once you get in the queue it doesn't save your spot. Someone must have snagged the tickets before I finished entering my info. Oh well, got the Jam presale right after. Just printed the tickets off at home.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    They really need to work on getting more tickets secured for these things. Only gonna get worse when the NIN pre-orders start up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    They really need to work on getting more tickets secured for these things. Only gonna get worse when the NIN pre-orders start up.
    Oh god I don't even wanna think about it... at least they are supposed to be arena shows. While smaller venues are quite nice, arenas mean more tickets.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'd like to think that Trent and Co would make Modlife adjust some things by the time the NIN tickets hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have you guys tried this?

http://event.etix.com/ticket/online/...cobrand=jamusa

I got mine through the pre-sale but it looks like this link still has tix available.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    That's exactly where I said I got mine from.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    sometimes they do seating
    true, when I saw Frank Black at the Vic and when I saw They Might Be Giants at the Vic, both had chairs on the main floor.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Man, that went quicker than I expected, but I got mine. I noticed the presale link went up slightly before noon, although the tickets didn't show as available until that time. No problems selecting and checking out here.

The Vic is a great venue, with the slope of the floor there's a good view from just about every place and I've never found it hard to get near the front even at a packed shows.