Thread: 2013.04.21 - Denver, CO @ The Paramount Theatre

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)

2013.04.21 - Denver, CO @ The Paramount Theatre

The Paramount Theatre is a concert venue in Denver, Colorado, located on Glenarm Place, near Denver's famous 16th Street Mall. The venue has a seating capacity of 1,870, but is a popular destination for large acts looking for a smaller concert setting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Long time lurker, first time posting. I will be there and depending on the camera policy I plan on recording. I own a Canon EOS Rebel T3i.

Edit: While I was purchasing my ticket, I read in bold: "No cameras or video/audio recorders". However, on the Paramount Theatre website, it states: "While our standard policy is to prohibit all types of cameras and recording devices, camera policies do change per event. It is best to contact the theatre on the day of your show to inquire as to the show-specific camera policy."
    Last edited by LOBrien; 02-28-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Does anyone else think it's strange that this tour (Denver specifically) hasn't sold out twice over by now? I wasn't able to get presale tix, but I did get a pretty decent pair 20 minutes later. That same day after I got off work, I decided to check to see what was available and to my surprise, I was able to grab a pair in the 5th row! I looked again today and there are still some great tickets left. So what gives? Did the NIN announcement hurt sales or are people just genuinely lackadaisical about the whole HTDA tour? I really don't get it seeing as Chicago and NY sold out with the quickness. The argument that Denver is a small market doesn't cut it either, with Boston and CA shows still with availability. I don't get it. Any ideas???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    Does anyone else think it's strange that this tour (Denver specifically) hasn't sold out twice over by now? I wasn't able to get presale tix, but I did get a pretty decent pair 20 minutes later. That same day after I got off work, I decided to check to see what was available and to my surprise, I was able to grab a pair in the 5th row! I looked again today and there are still some great tickets left. So what gives? Did the NIN announcement hurt sales or are people just genuinely lackadaisical about the whole HTDA tour? I really don't get it seeing as Chicago and NY sold out with the quickness. The argument that Denver is a small market doesn't cut it either, with Boston and CA shows still with availability. I don't get it. Any ideas???
    my guess is that the visuals demand a certain venue size that comes with the adequate stage real estate. otherwise they would have considered smaller venues, based on their current popularity (making not exactly big-tent music.) so we're getting a treat, courtesy of Columbia's resources to back up a tour like this one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I definitely find it odd that these shows aren't selling out... this show specifically is STILL not quite sold out, which is just baffling. Of course I wasn't expecting the demand for the show to be anywhere near as strong as it was for NIN the last couple times they came to Denver, but I figured the mere presence of Reznor in HTDA would be enough to sell out a smaller venue fairly quickly. HTDA just doesn't seem that popular I guess, which is fine. I for one am incredibly excited for this show, barely more than a week away now! Any idea on who the opener is going to be? Also, I've never been to the Paramount... what should I expect?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    No word yet on the opener. I'm kind of confused by that one too. The Paramount is a pretty cool place. It's really nice inside and the sound is pretty decent from what I can remember. I haven't seen a show there in ages (last thing I saw was Henry Rollins spoken word, so that doesn't really count.) I'm definitely excited for the show. I'm sitting 5th row!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Damn, lucky you! I think I'm about 30 rows back. I was foolish and watched a couple videos of songs from coachella... I sort of spoiled it in a way, but now I'm so excited. Looks like the band is going to translate phenomenally well into a live setting, and those lights are going to be the coolest I've seen live since the lights in the sky tour.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I may have a seat in "orchestra right row c" if a friend of mine flakes out. Anyone interested? It was presale, so per the rules you would have to meet me and enter with me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    If poster 5 debuts in Denver, would anyone mind picking one up for me unsigned?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    So, opener?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    So, opener?
    The opener was Vatican Shadow. He was a fantastic opener, in my opinion. Just so you have an idea...

HTDA was amazing and I've never been to a more visually compelling show. This was my first time seeing Reznor in any live capacity, but I tried to focus on the 'collective' as a whole and everyone's performance was top notch.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Great audio recording available from last night already, big thanks to Mike B;

http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com.../20130421.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was a sick concert and even better performance. I was waiting in line to purchase a signed poster when the lady in front of me purchased the last one, I was so bummed so I settled with a blank one. After the show I met some guy with an Exotic Birds LP he was trying to get signed. Afterwards we saw Atticus Ross out back and got him to sign my poster. I told him I missed the last poster and he said he'd fetch the rest of the band to sign it. Surprisingly I got to chat with all the members and luckily got them all to sign my poster. The funniest part was I asked Trent how he liked Denver and he says "Denver is weird."
    Picture for proof:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I wasn't there but the band tweeted that Vatican Shadow was the opener for the night in DIIV's absence. I think I would have really liked to see that performance, based on what I just listened to via Soundcloud. Poster #5 also debuted. It looks like this. Since I wasn't there, they probably changed the setlist a ton and had a bunch of guests come out as well.

Edit: Per setlist.fm, it appears they had the same setlist as previous shows with an encore.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    that trent reznor autograph above looks like really odd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    that trent reznor autograph above looks like really odd.
    I was holding it as he was signing. Doesn't bother me if people don't think it's authentic. I was there during the signing and don't plan on selling this, so I'm satisfied.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    On behalf of TOIOU/RITC for our HTDA live video : If you shot anything at the concert you'd like to share with us, please email me : ppchevigny@filmssix.com
    We are most specifically looking for higher quality footage (1080p minimum, shot with DSLRs or pro cameras), closeups if possible, to help us cover for angles we may have missed in Chicago. I think we'll refrain from using iPhone footage but you can still let us know if you shot anything. It's sometimes hard to tell what you shot your YouTube videos with so I'll just let you contact me.

We would need you to be able to upload the whole original, uncompressed data to your own DropBox account (or any hosting site for that matter) and then send me a link with your full contact info (name, address, email, telephone).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    LAST CALL

The editing process will soon begin on RITC/TOIOU's project. If you haven't sent in your footage yet, please contact me : ppchevigny@filmssix.com
    You can upload any footage you have on DropBox or WeTransfer and send me a link. We need the original, uncompressed data.
    Please include your full contact info so we can get in touch if we need to : name (or username if you'd rather remain anonymous), full address and phone number.