Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2013.04.13 - Las Vegas NV @ The Pearl Theatre

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)

2013.04.13 - Las Vegas NV @ The Pearl Theatre

The high-tech lighting, video and sound systems at The Pearl rival that of larger venues. But with a capacity of 1,100 to 2,500, no seat in the three-level facility is farther than 120 feet away from the stage, creating an up close and personal experience for concert viewers.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Garbage is playing the night before, so I'm planning a short concert weekend in the LV.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Wahoo!! Two tix! See everyone there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Same here. That's a one-two punch of shows for me...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    In booking a hotel for this show, selecting the Hotwire.com rate of $95 for "West of Strip" hotel booked me two nights at the Palms. The Pearl is located inside the Palms and that price is around $50 less than the price booking through the Palms directly.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tickets are still available for this show...I'm actually considering booking a last minute flight to come see it. Anyone going by them self, and willing to split hotel costs??

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    fuck it, I booked it! Cost me a bit, but it'll be a blast. I wish I didn't wait so long, and got the pre-sale access though.

I'll be riding solo to this, so if anyone wants to meet up, or hang out in line, just say the word!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Just got back from the Garbage show. The Pearl is an excellent venue and looks like there won't be a bad seat in the house for tomorrow's performance. Now to see if the hotel internet can handle the youtube feed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    someone is going to tell us what's happening???

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My view is partially obstructed by the projector tonight. I won't be able to see Trent or Rob from this angle. I like ltd poster 2 more than the one from Pomona. DIIV have concluded their set and the curtains have closed to set up for HTDA.

I will only post if their is variance from the Pomona show.

Here are our cellphone photos preshow.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/shellep...7633236278715/

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Would love to be proved wrong, but I doubt there's going to be any changes to the show from here on out.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    lolololol at those blinged out Pearl shirts resting gently next to a sea of black cotton.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Looks like some new shirts with dates on the back?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    they were there last time too

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Wake Up had a new intro.

Q plays tambourine on How Long, TR plays electronic drums but mostly drumsticks on BBB.

Same show so far through Fur Lined.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Fun show! The moving screen thingy put a layer of distance between the band and the audience, almost like they are ethereal spirits just slightly out of reach. It's a real shame there won't be a proper recording of this tour as the Coachella footage does not do the show justice.

The folks at the Pearl had the fan club ticket holders go in really early (to the point that the autographed posters hadn't been delivered to the merch booth), so it was easy to grab some goodies before going downstairs. Thank goodness for poster tubes. I wasn't going to buy an autographed poster, but once I saw they had tubes - I couldn't resist.

Anyhow, I'm glad I'm doing two more but sad I won't have the early entry.

I recorded several snippets, but here's a full length video of On the wing:
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 04-16-2013 at 07:10 AM. Reason: added video link.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The show had the same set list as Pomona but there were slightly different spatial sound effects and some of the visuals were a bit different. I don't remember Q coming down closer to the stage for How Long in Pomona. My crappy cell phone photos have been added to the set I linked earlier.

Despite not being able to see much of Rob due to the projector mildly obstructing my view, the show was different from the angle we sat at versus Pomona where we sat on the balcony.

I look forward to second row in Monterey.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

2013.04.13 - Las Vegas NV @ The Pearl Theatre

Great show! So glad I decided to see it. I was tempted to buy merch, but I backed out of it. Already have a slew of NIN tour posters that are still rolled in tubes. I captured a couple videos, which I'll be able to post tomorrow/Monday, once I have access to better Internet.

Something that was surprising, was the number of people. The floor was full, but the seats were fairly empty! I was expecting to see a full house with such a small venue.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    No boots on zomb/dime as of yet, did anybody here tape it?

Ive got that same sense excitement that I had during the Wave Goodbye club dates, anticipation after each show date, waiting for the tape to circulate!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Here's the couple videos I took, watch them in 1080p.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    No boots on zomb/dime as of yet, did anybody here tape it?

Ive got that same sense excitement that I had during the Wave Goodbye club dates, anticipation after each show date, waiting for the tape to circulate!
    http://reflectinginthechrome.com/sho.../20130413.html

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    On behalf of TOIOU/RITC for our HTDA live video : If you shot anything at the concert you'd like to share with us, please email me : ppchevigny@filmssix.com
    We are most specifically looking for higher quality footage (1080p minimum, shot with DSLRs or pro cameras), closeups if possible, to help us cover for angles we may have missed in Chicago. I think we'll refrain from using iPhone footage but you can still let us know if you shot anything. It's sometimes hard to tell what you shot your YouTube videos with so I'll just let you contact me.

We would need you to be able to upload the whole original, uncompressed data to your own DropBox account (or any hosting site for that matter) and then send me a link with your full contact info (name, address, email, telephone).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone know a 'razorstarzz' on youtube?

This is their channel and one of their videos from the Las Vegas show.

If anyone knows how to reach her, please let us know (ppchevigny@filmssix.com) ! We're looking to have it donated in raw for the TOIOU project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    If anyone knows how to reach her, please let us know (ppchevigny@filmssix.com) ! We're looking to have it donated in raw for the TOIOU project.
    Hit her up on Twitter/Tumblr/etc!

https://twitter.com/razorstarzz

http://razorstarzz.tumblr.com/

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    LAST CALL

The editing process will soon begin on RITC/TOIOU's project. If you haven't sent in your footage yet, please contact me : ppchevigny@filmssix.com
    You can upload any footage you have on DropBox or WeTransfer and send me a link. We need the original, uncompressed data.
    Please include your full contact info so we can get in touch if we need to : name (or username if you'd rather remain anonymous), full address and phone number.