Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: How to destroy angels: live 2013

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Eurghh

Really bad cart setup - allows you to add items to cart and then sells them from under your feet.

Oh well, Ticketbastard for the win, I guess...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Oh well. There's always general sale.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Well, Modlife sucks. But I'm glad I know a little more about their abysmal system before the NIN presales.
    did you actually get tickets?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    as much as ticketmaster policies blow, allowing you to reserve tickets for a few minutes while entering payment info is pretty brilliant

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    So, I generally dont mind getting shut out of presale tickets. But dont say that I have 2 tickets, make it all the way to the billing page, THEN tell me there are no tickets available..

Annoyed.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: How to destroy angels: live 2013

Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Nah, the NIN presale websites were worse.
    I was always able to get NIN presale tickets. Modlife didn't tell me there were no tickets until the payment screen. Sorta bullshit.
    Last edited by RJK; 02-27-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!

Shut out. Got all the way to payment info and then get error saying not available in quantities desired. Such bullshit.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Well, Modlife sucks. But I'm glad I know a little more about their abysmal system before the NIN presales.

but i'm not sure what one learns from it crashing, and not letting you check out with the two tickets you have in your cart already. other than you're fucked.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    That royally sucked. I love getting to the billing address screen and then finding out that the quantity of my single ticket is no longer available.

3 shows in roughly 10 minutes. The allocation for these presale tickets must be tiny, or there are a shit-ton of scalpers with HTDA accounts.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tickets procured for the Toronto show. Thank fuck.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Not gloating, but I had no problems with the site. Smooth transaction, just a little slow. . .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    wow. it appears I got incredibly lucky. Website went nuts for the first 2-3 minutes. around 12:05 I got in. Successful checkout around 12:08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    got them for the apollo, went to cart, NOPE GONE

I fucking hate that I can't see my favorite bands because I don't know the tricks of getting presale tickets or whatever. I refuse to believe its just luck. I mean who gets them for these ridiculously quickly sold out shows and how?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    For reference, it looks like the pre-sale for the four east coast venues sold out in about 10 minutes. There will still be an opportunity to buy tickets through the normal means starting Friday at 10am.
    Last edited by bgalbraith; 02-27-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    but i'm not sure what one learns from it crashing, and not letting you check out with the two tickets you have in your cart already. other than you're fucked.
    See below...

Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    did you actually get tickets?
    Nope. Had a ticket in the cart for Toronto. It said you could "Continue shopping." So I decided to try to add an Apollo ticket instead of checking out (bad idea). Tried to add an Apollo ticket, but the system added ANOTHER Toronto ticket instead. Beautiful.

Then the system wouldn't let me remove the extra Toronto ticket from the cart. So I decided to check out anyway. Gave me a credit card error. Sent me back, and then said it was sold out. FFS
    Last edited by jessamineny; 02-27-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got shut of out NYC - same story as many of you - 2 tickets in cart but no longer available at checkout.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Mountclair: manage to get the ticket in the HTDA pre sale.
    NYC: I'm in! ticketmaster.com helped me out!

Next:flight and hotel!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    ahh. well not for nothing, i approve more of the ticketmaster system. once you have the tickets in your cart, you should have them in your cart until they time out or you give them up... not sold out from under you when you're trying to get the site to load under such heavy traffic. i was there, had the tickets in the cart, should have been a no brainer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    same shit happened to me trying to get two tix for the apollo. so i checked ebay..http://www.ebay.com/tickets/How-To-D...rom=R40&_dmpt=

there ya go. asshole scalpers win again. they need to fucking fix this shit. we should bombard TR's twitter.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Nah, the NIN presale websites were worse.
    At least they didn't let you add to cart and then steal them from underfoot. The cart would hold the tickets, allowing you to checkout. I think this is a step down in terms of functionality. Bleurghh.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
    same shit happened to me trying to get two tix for the apollo. so i checked ebay..http://www.ebay.com/tickets/How-To-D...rom=R40&_dmpt=

there ya go. asshole scalpers win again. they need to fucking fix this shit. we should bombard TR's twitter.
    that seems suspect--- with presales like this you don't know what seat you have until the ticket arrives. these people don't have them, so i wouldn't worry about that until regular ticketmaster sales.

speaking of which, what are you talking about, @nine_inch_nerd ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Surprised and sorry to see so many people had problems. I got 2 for the NJ show and didn't even feel like I was going at a blistering pace, but I always have good luck with these presales, getting a pair of tix to NIN @ the Bowery Ballroom proved that. The disclaimer on the site said that they can only sell 8% of tix, so if it is a 2000 seat venue thats only 160 tix not to mention that people were buying in pairs of 2 and 4 this time, hope everyone has better luck when this comes to NIN tix in the (near) future.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    So, for those after tickets...
    Too Late, All Gone

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    For those who are disappointed, assuming what the small text says is true... the amount of pre-sale tickets they had available is somewhere between 5-10% of the total tickets.

I hate to be the optimistic one, but I think Friday may be easier (and less frustrating given that TM holds onto the tics while you pay).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hippygeek View Post
    At least they didn't let you add to cart and then steal them from underfoot. The cart would hold the tickets, allowing you to checkout. I think this is a step down in terms of functionality. Bleurghh.
    The issue with that is people would add them to their cart, then leave them there until their cart expired in ten minutes. Then ten minutes later there were tickets available again for a moment, until someone snapped them up. I'm guessing that's what they're trying to avoid with this system.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    The issue with that is people would add them to their cart, then leave them there until their cart expired in ten minutes. Then ten minutes later there were tickets available again for a moment, until someone snapped them up. I'm guessing that's what they're trying to avoid with this system.
    why would you want to avoid that? i feel like once you have them in your cart, they should be YOURS unless you blow it by running out of time. period.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrekke View Post
    According to ticketmaster they sold some of the tickets at the same time at the HTDA presale. . .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    So, for those after tickets...
    Too Late, All Gone
    I see what you did there. I was going to post the same, but didn't have the balls.

if i hadn't gotten tickets, I'd be rocking in the corner right about now.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrekke View Post
    My guess is that these are from ticket brokers, promoters, or others who have some guaranteed block of tickets from the venue, regardless of performer. These are almost certainly not related to the pre-sale.