Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
Damn, an overstock of haterade in this thread.
Ever since Titanfall I'm taking things by my own opinion and the hype factor for games will never effect me again. I liked the beta but Destiny's just another FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
I'm pretty sure this game will sell well enough to justify whatever Sony spent on securing content first (Funny to hear Xbox fans complain about that not talking about anyone here but in general from what I have seen around the various web forums). If anything who in the long run should be worried is Activision they are the ones who are footing the bill for most of the advertising and development of this game (according to rumors if you believe them somewhere in the region of $500 Million).

I think the game is OK from the Beta. The moon map was definitely way more interesting than the other map. I'll wait to fully judge the game on it's full release version but the Beta didn't turn me off or get my overly excited about anything, kinda still neutral about things.

-It is a bit disappointing to hear though that there will only be 22 missions. Granted what I played of the Story wasn't really too interesting to me they should have had at least a significant amount north of that.
Which is sad, its selling solely based on the fact Bungie made it. I bet if another no name company made it, it wouldn't have half of the interest its getting. Maybe I'm used to their practices and what they did to Halo but this new universe is nothing remarkable to me that gears me up for excitement. Halo is held up by a great story, hence why I still squeeze out time for it. I'm not the biggest FPS fan for single player. Halo is like the only exception. hence why even though its just an FPS, it gets a free pass.

I couldn't tell you about Destiny's story minus the Earth and humanity are near extinction and is guarded by a group called the Guardians. They fight "The Darkness" and search for Ghost remnants of fallen guardians in various places. Nothing grabs me in a big way story-wise with this game. The shooting mechanics work great but the game needs more than that.