Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Destiny

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    yes, assuming you're on the same console and not jumping from xbox one to ps4 or vice versa. all character data is stored on Bungie's end and it's tied to your xbox live/psn account.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Sooo, this leaked earlier today, and it is official. September 8th is the release date for Destiny 2.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hopefully it's better than the first one.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Bring it! I just barely got tired of Destiny after 2 and 1/2 years. Ready.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The first game really kinda missed the landing, imo. It got better as it went. Hopefully the new one can add an in game map. Better story would also be nice. Gameplay doesn't really need much work. Hopefully it'll be better enough to keep me interested longer.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    No gameplay this far out is a bad sign. See: latest Mass Effect

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They're probably just holding out until E3.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    We will definitely get some more info before E3. I'll say we get some kind of teaser trailer by the end of April, along with some more info on the TWAB eventually. Bungie brought in Vicarious Visions and some other "Lore Masters" to make the story a main priority. I cannot see them fucking this up again since this was the biggest controversy throughout the entire release along with the lack of content. I personally want more story, and more in-game interaction with the NPC's instead of them just standing around as lifeless sprites. If they can build upon what they were able to do with The Taken King, well that will be beautiful. Imagine if they were able to pump out more new strikes on a monthly basis? Or have more timed quests (Which worked very well). Also, the mystery factor that Destiny possessed is something that Bungie needs to capitalize upon again.

The leak is legit, but there was another leak yesterday from the same source stating there is a pre-order bonus with a Cayde-6 action figure and can totally dig that. Also, someone from Germany posted a receipt showing they pre-ordered a PC version of the game priced at about $100.00 USD. Man, the hype is real! I was honestly thinking this wouldn't come out until next year, but all signs are pointing to this year so far, but delays happen. Also, this game has been in development since Destiny 1 spawned so it seems like it is about time this comes out. I just don't want them to push it out like many companies do these days.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    In all it's glory:

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    MY GOD.... give me more of this. Already sold here. Really wondering what the teaser trailer will entail.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I wanna know what the (2nd traveler?) is.

Also: It's nice having the original music and logo back!
    Last edited by bruised; 03-29-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

- Gameplay trailer in May.
    - Destiny website has the ridiculous amount of versions to preorder (seriously, if you need a messenger bag or 'solar blanket', go outside).
    - Game will need 68 GB of storage (holy shit).
    - Season Pass yada yada announced.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    I wanna know what the (2nd traveler?) is. Also: It's nice having the original music and logo back!
    There is no second traveler :/. Deej confirmed it was an editing mess-up and posted an updated image on twitter. I noticed the OG music the other day the update went live... man we have been asking for that for awhile now. So happy that they are being more vocal with giving us a road map of what's to come down the road. May 18th cannot come soon enough! Am I really the only one that could care less about buying a season pass at this point in age?? If you cannot muster up an extra $40 bucks...

As for Age of Triumph, just beat Crota today and got some pretty dam good loot for my first run in over a year. I really wish they would have went with VOG first, but eh...whatever.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Four new planets, 4v4 PVP, "less time in orbit...go planet to planet directly", new strikes, raides, clans now in-game etc. etc.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I like everything I see so far. If the campaign is anything like that first mission, we are in for a real treat. The only alarming aspect is that there are still no mentions about ships... let us fly our freaking ships.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If it doesn't have an in game map, I might pass. That was annoying as fuck not to have. If you expect me to constantly roam around these planets to farm or do whatever, I need a map.

Hopefully we get raid matchmaking too. That's another thing the game could really use. I never did a raid because of that. Probably missed out on some of best parts of the game because they just didn't feel like having it... sucked the life out of the first game for me.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Apparently they'll be matchmaking for Raids, that alone has me back in.

The biggest problem i had was not having any friends to game with (most of the friends i have/had grew out of games years ago, and the few i do have that like games only play FIFA) so i wasn't able to play Raids (arguably the best part of the game!) so my time with it only lasted about a month. But if i can join other solo players to play the raids (and possibly make new friends) then i'm all for it!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I didn't have anyone either. They either quit or did it without me.. Ruined my experience.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The only thing I like about this is that the gunplay/gameplay that Bungie is known for continues to improve. The problems I had with the first game though stemmed mostly from how the core game would change nearly every six months or so. You could never get used to a specific weapon or skillset. And most of these changes were caused by complaints from the Crucible. I won't be paying for this one, or anything else from Bungie, til they get their shit straight, honestly. Still, no other game on the market except maybe for Far Cry has a no-strings open world shooting experience like Destiny. I could jump into patrol for as long as I wanted and shoot alien assholes forever if I wanted, because honestly, sometimes, I don't want an end goal. I just want to shoot things. I'm console sharing with a buddy, and he seems like he's going to get it. He's been begging me to try it if he does. I might, but my overall decision is the same: never gonna give Bungie money ever again til I know it's worth it. They burned that bridge and they'll need to do a lot of repairing for me to consider coming back.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    My biggest problem with this game is the horrible connections.

I heard yesterday that going to dedicated servers for Destiny 2 would be too "cost prohibitive", but later in the day I read an article about CEO pay raise amounts being back up to 2013 levels, and they mention Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick getting another 25 million dollars in stock bonuses.

Fuck this game, im finished.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    When it first came out, I got disconnected constantly. When I came back from a long hiatus, everything was good.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So uh....

Destiny 2 comes out in a few days. I pre-ordered the game + expansion pass. Looking forward to what this game brings to the table. I was impressed by the beta and the new features really made the gameplay more concise and varied. I just watched a small youtube video and there were 26 exotics outlined. That wasn't even all of them.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Day off work tomorrow so I'll have a few hours to give it a go. Will wait on the Season Pass (I've pledged to no longer get them beforehand ever again...done with promoting shovelware). Liked the beta but am avoiding spoiling literally everything else lol.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just starting and I'm already seeing lvl 20s... so far, the structure is a lot better. Not very different from the first, but definitely way more refined. It's interesting how you pick your quests now from the director/map.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Wondering whether or not to jump in on this before FIFA 18 and Senran Kargura Beach Splash later in the month arrive...if i wasn't having root canal i would have jumped on this straight away!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Sucks that I have to wait a month and a half to play on PC...but I will stay strong.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Picked up the CE for XB1. Hit me up if you wanna play

XBL: NotoriousTIMP

Also managed to snag a couple of the figures that gamestop was handing out. Time to surprise my friends who ordered the game after launch!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Just starting and I'm already seeing lvl 20s... so far, the structure is a lot better. Not very different from the first, but definitely way more refined. It's interesting how you pick your quests now from the director/map.
    Yeah, due to work I'm way behind everyone on my friends list. They're all level 20 already. Frustrating.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Yeah, due to work I'm way behind everyone on my friends list. They're all level 20 already. Frustrating.
    I'm only a lvl 8. I get I'm playing at a slower pace. But I'm talking about guys who probably played nonstop since midnight who grinded to 20. That just blew me away I guess. I'm in no real rush though. I'm sure I'll be ready for the raid and everything.