Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    The online implementation of this game is what makes it interesting to me... First time since the Souls series that I've thought the online sounded intriguing in a game, outside of the obvious appeal of "playing a game with your friends remotely" or "beating strangers who yell at you through a headset."

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So based on the beta...

It's gonna be a good game and the beta is amusing. HOWEVER, I'm not that blown away by it or will no life it after release. Not GOTY material to me, nor is it deserving the type of hype it is. I can say I haven't given one glance, nod or ounce of attention to cutscenes or the story. A mixture of not caring and not knowing either. I know the basics. That's good enough.

It is a solid game with exceptionally great sound and wonderful gun mechanics/hit detection.

Unless it's partied up fireteams in lobbies together, the matchmaking is so broken. One team destroys the other. I'm usually on the losing end as well. Makes for boring, irritating playtime.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My thoughts from the Beta (PS4):

- If you like Borderlands you might like this. I wasn't enamored with Borderlands but I did liked it. That is the first game I thought as soon as I started playing this. With a bigger social presence, Massive world, and probably what will be a less interesting story (I'm not gonna judge the rest game from the Beta but honestly I don't even understand what this story is about or maybe don't care from playing the first few missions).

-The Competitive Multiplayer is where I think this game has it's strongest resemblance to Halo, granted I am no Halo expert by any means and many here probably have way more experience then I ever did. Not bad though have had a good time playing. The vehicles feel a little overpowered.

-Wish they would have opened up a couple other Crucible modes. They still might I guess....

-Game looks nice I mean graphically it's not going to blow you away if you are looking for stuff like that but its nice.

-Come on Bungie a 8 level cap??? Should have been at least a couple more. That's just me complaining I guess.

- I am one of those people who will most likely play a good majority of this game solo. One of my good friends is getting the game also so I'm sure I'll team up with him once in a while but I like I said I for see myself playing whatever I can solo on the campaign.

Overall I think it's alright so far kinda gives you a glimpse at what you can expect obviously, hopefully the rest of the world is a little bit more fleshed out and what ever story they are trying to tell gets better. There's a lot to be excited about this game, at least for me, whether it'll live up to that excitement we shall see but I think the ideas are there. Like I said it's the Beta so you are only given so much to work with...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    - I am one of those people who will most likely play a good majority of this game solo. One of my good friends is getting the game also so I'm sure I'll team up with him once in a while but I like I said I for see myself playing whatever I can solo on the campaign.
    Me too. On both cases. I go solo and one friend who will be getting it. It makes for some unfair, unfun experiences. We couldn't finish the Devil's Lair Strike Mission because it was too hard to play with two people since our matchmade asshole teammate quit for no reason. 45 minutes of wasted time, no ammo, numerous retries and nothing to show for it...yeah, kinda lame.

PVP is a joke without a full 6 man fireteam. One team is massively overpowered, triple and quadruples solo players around the map as they go about and makes the match a squash match with no suspense, fun or even any type of fucking challenge. It's exactly like Call of Duty, I spawn and die literally within seconds feet away from where I started my next life. I have played 9 matches and have lost 8 of them. Fun times. Makes me not even want to play the shit. I even played amazing one match but it didn't matter since the match I went with like a .35 K/D it resulted in the same result: losing team.

I hope they dumbed down the looting, weapons, armor and unlockables for the beta, if not then they lied big time about the expansive array of upgrades, variety of armor and weapons available. It took 7 levels for my character to even look unique from another person and my guns still feel like a watergun. I also feel as powerful and strong as I did at level 1 at level 7, except now I got grenades.

I think I'm starting to find more cons than pros today...

sucks.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The alpha was actually a little bit better.

The alpha just threw you into the world with most of the basic oerks and then you just figured stuff out. None if this handholding bullshit.

The game falls apart because the missions are all separate. Instead exploring a huge, emergent world, you are guided through a tiny submap on a linear path.

The alpha was like "fuck it figure something out". And it was awesome hecause it was mysterious and new and wierd. This is just one lame shooter mission after another. Probably gonna skip it now.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The stuff in the beta seems like it could be an early part of the game. Many games hold your hand at the beginning.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    The alpha was actually a little bit better.

The alpha just threw you into the world with most of the basic oerks and then you just figured stuff out. None if this handholding bullshit.

The game falls apart because the missions are all separate. Instead exploring a huge, emergent world, you are guided through a tiny submap on a linear path.

The alpha was like "fuck it figure something out". And it was awesome hecause it was mysterious and new and wierd. This is just one lame shooter mission after another. Probably gonna skip it now.
    I'm not calling off the game but it's definitely not near any level of awesome untouchable status people are spouting off and promoting. I like it but it's nothing great.

I don't like games where you can't know anything and you gotta figure it out. That shit annoys me. This game vaguely told me how to find PVP matchmaking and hardly gave any effort in telling me how to really navigate the menus.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's a shooter. What's there to really figure out?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    It's a shooter. What's there to really figure out?
    Took me 5 minutes to find out how to change my emblem, didn't state why I should dissemble my items and barely any incentive for exploration in missions. I like the game but erg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So speaking of the beta, does anyone here have a spare code for xbox one? I love to get a chance to test the game out and see if its really all everyone is making it out to be.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Check Twitter or ask a friend. For everyone who preordered, they gave you 3 codes so they're not too hard to come by. As for the beta itself, I dug it...the multiplayer's a bit of a mess and a bit on the easy side, but still pretty awesome. Only thing that kinda irks me is how you can't reload while running, it causes you to have to reload again. Best way is to reload and as soon as you see your bullet count go back to full, start to run...cuts the reload animation in half basically. Also, using the double jump is a bit sluggish, and if you toss a grenade while double jumping, it causes you to instantly fall...caused me to fall in to the abyss more than once haha. Oh well, still awesome and will be a good time waster.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Check Twitter or ask a friend. For everyone who preordered, they gave you 3 codes so they're not too hard to come by. As for the beta itself, I dug it...the multiplayer's a bit of a mess and a bit on the easy side, but still pretty awesome. Only thing that kinda irks me is how you can't reload while running, it causes you to have to reload again. Best way is to reload and as soon as you see your bullet count go back to full, start to run...cuts the reload animation in half basically. Also, using the double jump is a bit sluggish, and if you toss a grenade while double jumping, it causes you to instantly fall...caused me to fall in to the abyss more than once haha. Oh well, still awesome and will be a good time waster.
    I had an issue with that too. I've died numerous times on the Shores PVP map when trying to jump over the hole by B point. Sad thing is, I keep doing it. I always forget, instincts to throw ha.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Beta now free (like they did for Titanfall)....look for it on the dashboard of both consoles.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    * double jumping is sluggish and difficult if you're playing a warlock.

I was enjoying my warlock. I like the Super move. I dig the extended melee range, but the double jump really does kill it. Switched to the hunter and I really appreciate the added speed. The golden gun thing is much, much worse especially for the current mp mode. The grenades warlock starts with are perfect for zoning, nbut I think hunter eventually gets grenades that work for zone control as well. and that melee attack is just not as good. The problem with glide is that sometime you'll inexplicably glide downward, which is why people die in that gap all the time.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    * double jumping is sluggish and difficult if you're playing a warlock.

I was enjoying my warlock. I like the Super move. I dig the extended melee range, but the double jump really does kill it. Switched to the hunter and I really appreciate the added speed. The golden gun thing is much, much worse especially for the current mp mode. The grenades warlock starts with are perfect for zoning, nbut I think hunter eventually gets grenades that work for zone control as well. and that melee attack is just not as good. The problem with glide is that sometime you'll inexplicably glide downward, which is why people die in that gap all the time.
    I've made two characters - maxed level Hunter and a level 6 Warlock.

I'm torn. I also prefer the movements and speed of the Hunter but the actual move list sucks. The grenades are weak and have a small blast radius. That Void move the warlock does is a destroyer. I don't like the glide double jump the warlock class has either. makes for pros and cons. Before the beta sends I'll start a titan character. That way when the game drops I know what I wanna do first.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    What some people arent noticing is that even after you hit the level peak, your skills continue to level. Hunter gets better grendades and much better jump too.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I aint gonna lie, I am having fun with this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am loving this game so far. I've only played it for an hour or two but it totally feels like a Halo/Mass Effect hybrid.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yep I can see the Mass Effect stylings in this. Also Phantasy Star Online. Lots of those vibes for me. Loving this game. Bungie strikes again.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Inside report saying the game will have 22 Story missions, 11 Crucible maps, 6 Strikes, 4 Exploration areas, and 1 Raid at launch. That doesn't really seem like a lot to me, considering the story missions that were in the beta were pretty short...obviously they'll keep adding to it, but I hope they do so quickly, as the story missions and PvE raids, etc interest me much more than the multiplayer.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Inside report saying the game will have 22 Story missions, 11 Crucible maps, 6 Strikes, 4 Exploration areas, and 1 Raid at launch. That doesn't really seem like a lot to me, considering the story missions that were in the beta were pretty short...obviously they'll keep adding to it, but I hope they do so quickly, as the story missions and PvE raids, etc interest me much more than the multiplayer.
    That's painstakingly short. I'm not even a no -lifer and I could probably beat that in a few days.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I am liking it a lot now.... But... If that report is true.... What? Thats so short its actually hard to believe. There are what? Maybe 6, 8 missions in the beta.... Thats a third of the game?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    The game sucks. This hype i'm seeing just blows my fucking mind. People just love meta game junk these days. I think todays gamers are bread from farmville nonsense. Seriously, bungie with this fucking movement... i feel like i'm walking in molasses. Why do they make everything so slow and sluggish? The game feels like it's made for mentally handicapped gamers with poor reflexes and no common sense.

Coming from Titanfall this PVP is unplayable for me. There's no mobility. It plays like a watered down version of Halo, as if Halo could get anymore watered down.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    While I wouldn't put it so dramatically, I am definitely spoiled by the movement in Titanfall lol.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I dont think everything has to have ultra fast oaced parkour movement.... That woukd be really boring.

Also i dont see any hype at all. Theres a lot of ADVERTISING but everyone i have talked to is giving it a lukewarm reception at best.... So this game seems pretty hypeless to me. Hell read this thread its all eh... I kind of like it?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I dont think everything has to have ultra fast oaced parkour movement.... That woukd be really boring.

Also i dont see any hype at all. Theres a lot of ADVERTISING but everyone i have talked to is giving it a lukewarm reception at best.... So this game seems pretty hypeless to me. Hell read this thread its all eh... I kind of like it?
    I honestly don't care but I feel sorry for Sony dumping so much money into this game and its advertising. It's not going be the Godsend game people were wanting and hoping for the PlayStation brand. If it is, they're shallow and only kidding themselves.

When the game drops, any fucker that rates it over a 7 is biased or full of shit. I'd give it a 6.5. 7 at most. I'm still buying it and gonna play it but it's not a game I need to play and if they wiped it from existence tomorrow, I could care less.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Post from Bungie:

Oh, hello.
    Destiny’s pretty big. It’s the biggest game we’ve ever made, by far, and we’re sort of known for making games you can play for months, years, and even decades if you’re a little bit…dedicated.
    With Destiny, we’re looking to exceed what we’ve done before, not just in terms of scale – the Moon is our smallest destination – but in terms of scope and breadth of activities. That’s true for day one, as you expect, but it also means we want Destiny to have super long legs.
    If we’re fortunate enough to have you playing months after launch, you still find lots of compelling stuff to do. That will manifest itself in a myriad of ways, from straight up content to cool activities we’ve yet to show off.
    We think we did a decent job supporting Halo, post launch, but we were only ever able to cater to the competitive set. That left a lot of players out in the cold. That made a lot of the team grumpy. We wanted to do better. So, Destiny is philosophically built support every type of player, and all modes with ongoing activities and events. We look at it quite a bit like television programming, as opposed to a singular film, as we had in the past. We think it’s gonna be pretty great, but we wanted to test out a bunch of our new stuff with Beta, to make sure we could flip knobs and levers live, reacting and responding with lots (and, ho boy, did we see LOTS) of players online and playing.
    Beta was water wings. Level 8 is nothing. You barely scratched the surface, and it seems like some folks had fun with what was there.
    If you did, good news. More soon.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I honestly don't care but I feel sorry for Sony dumping so much money into this game and its advertising. It's not going be the Godsend game people were wanting and hoping for the PlayStation brand. If it is, they're shallow and only kidding themselves.

When the game drops, any fucker that rates it over a 7 is biased or full of shit. I'd give it a 6.5. 7 at most. I'm still buying it and gonna play it but it's not a game I need to play and if they wiped it from existence tomorrow, I could care less.
    Uhh... have you seen the jizz fest over at neogaf? It's mainly a pro Sony crowd over there and holy shit you'd think it was going to be the biggest game in decades. The game is junk which makes it all the more amusing to read posts over there.

Post from Bungie:
    Oh, hello.
    Destiny’s pretty big. It’s the biggest game we’ve ever made, by far, and we’re sort of known for making games you can play for months, years, and even decades if you’re a little bit…dedicated.
    With Destiny, we’re looking to exceed what we’ve done before, not just in terms of scale – the Moon is our smallest destination – but in terms of scope and breadth of activities. That’s true for day one, as you expect, but it also means we want Destiny to have super long legs.
    If we’re fortunate enough to have you playing months after launch, you still find lots of compelling stuff to do. That will manifest itself in a myriad of ways, from straight up content to cool activities we’ve yet to show off.
    We think we did a decent job supporting Halo, post launch, but we were only ever able to cater to the competitive set. That left a lot of players out in the cold. That made a lot of the team grumpy. We wanted to do better. So, Destiny is philosophically built support every type of player, and all modes with ongoing activities and events. We look at it quite a bit like television programming, as opposed to a singular film, as we had in the past. We think it’s gonna be pretty great, but we wanted to test out a bunch of our new stuff with Beta, to make sure we could flip knobs and levers live, reacting and responding with lots (and, ho boy, did we see LOTS) of players online and playing.
    Beta was water wings. Level 8 is nothing. You barely scratched the surface, and it seems like some folks had fun with what was there.
    If you did, good news. More soon.
    Yah.. bungie is known for hyperbole. I haven't bought a single one of their bullshit hype machines in a long time. Every iteration of Halo was worse than teh previous one. Bungie is a dying studio in my book.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Damn, an overstock of haterade in this thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

I'm pretty sure this game will sell well enough to justify whatever Sony spent on securing content first (Funny to hear Xbox fans complain about that not talking about anyone here but in general from what I have seen around the various web forums). If anything who in the long run should be worried is Activision they are the ones who are footing the bill for most of the advertising and development of this game (according to rumors if you believe them somewhere in the region of $500 Million).

I think the game is OK from the Beta. The moon map was definitely way more interesting than the other map. I'll wait to fully judge the game on it's full release version but the Beta didn't turn me off or get my overly excited about anything, kinda still neutral about things.

-It is a bit disappointing to hear though that there will only be 22 missions. Granted what I played of the Story wasn't really too interesting to me they should have had at least a significant amount north of that.
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 07-29-2014 at 01:28 PM.