Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Working on my other 2 characters now. My hunter is almost caught up with my main, but my warlock has a way to go.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Working on my other 2 characters now. My hunter is almost caught up with my main, but my warlock has a way to go.
    My warlock was shelved. Then I got Devouring Maw on my Hunter this morning. Now the Warlock is 40 from level 32...in one morning. So boring.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Soo, I finished the Raid for the first time the other night, and I have to say that it was pretty fun, but severely disappointing. We had a fireteam leader walking us through the entire thing (Shout out to Hanabananas) and the only aspect that was tough was learning the mechanics of course. But I noticed that everything is almost spoon fed for you when it comes to damage buffs and what not. The Warpriest is a joke and super easy; you just need to be able to make enough DPS. Golgorath is so easy with that damage buff and minimal amount of adds or anything to really make a huge threat. I love how the mechanics work for the sisters, (And man they look so awesome) and I was really surprised when Oryx came out and how he looked. I can see what they were trying to do as far as mechanics and making the teamwork really gel, but nothing still comes close to Vault for me. I still run it just because I love everything about it.

My main gripes:

-The Raid is really fun, but wayy too easy.
    - Only being able to get exotic shards from three of coin drops pretty much.
    - Legendary Marks are always maxed out and I have nothing to do with them.
    - My #1 gripe is not being able to get a 300+ weapon without running the Raid. This was the same problem with Vault!! You think Bungie would have learned. Having to grind the raid again, and crossing my fingers that I will get a drop... it is just stupid. How about have Xur sell 1 300, or even a 290?? 280 makes no sense to me.
    - Why do we have to wait an entire week for our gunsmith orders to go through?? At least let us store them without taking up inventory.
    - The RNG is awful for the Raid right now.

It is a lot of little things that are getting in the way, and I am starting to run out of stuff to do once again!! I love this game, but I really hope Bungie fixes all of these problems in Destiny 2. Get a great narrative, the gameplay is at tight as ever, but give us more activities to do. Give the social spaces some mini games or something, and give us more reasons to go into past raids because there really is no reason to run an old raid if you are playing The Taken King. Ok, rant done.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I think so. The 2.0 changes are pretty drastic. There's an actual story with characters. I don't regret it. It's much better than the base game's launch.
    See, the thing is, the majority of the 2.0 changes were part of the patch. The addition of a story aside, the way everything is laid out, that has 0 to do with TTK.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    $24.99-$29.99 would've been better and more reasonable to me.
    That's what I thought. Especially since I preordered the game along with the season pass, and the first two DLC were... lacking would be putting it nicely. I feel like all 3 could have been dropped for the price we paid, and that would feel like getting what we paid for.
    And now with talk of Destiny 2 coming out in February, why was this expansion as expensive as it was?

Just a lot of back and forth, sorry. I wish I had it but at the same time I want to just quit if they're going to require a new $40 (or $60 for a "full game" release?) every few months. I understand they deserve $ for pumping out more content regularly, but the eay they're going about it seems... off-putting.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I count the patch as part of it. The patch IS the content. If you didn't buy it, then you're locked out. But, considering all the work they did on the 2.0 patch, and the new story, etc., I felt like the 40 was justified.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    There will be no Destiny 2 in Feb. I expect another dlc, or 2 (however they plan on doing these micro transactions) , but my guess is D2 will be next Sept - year 3.
    EDIT: And in my opinion it should be a prequel!
    Last edited by bruised; 10-31-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally got the platinum in this game. Flawless reader was my last trophy. Trying to finish up The Chaperone exotic quest tonight. Also working on the Weapon Master crucible quest. Heard that once you complete that, you get access to crucible bounties from lord shaxx that reward nightfall tier rewards.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah those weekly crucible bounties are great bc theyre a piece of cake and you get NF rewards.

Today I get the First Curse, which once again rounds out my collection of exotic weapons.

My clan is in the process of getting Hard Oryx down to a science. We had consistently gotten there, but the boss himself had been giving us a hard time. We had two downs yesterday, so we are getting there.

Missed Trials last weekend but hoping to get some lighthouse visits in this upcoming weekend. That should be fun!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I want those dam Flayer cloaks!!! Been grinding Dust Palace for two days and zippo.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I want those dam Flayer cloaks!!! Been grinding Dust Palace for two days and zippo.
    Wait for a Nightfall. I got mine from the Nightfall update with loot table update. First defeat made the Arc Mantle drop. I love it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'll take my chances every day instead of waiting all week for a Nightfall to drop something significant. I almost forget to do the Nightfall now because all I get is shit. Jealous nonetheless.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Finally managed to hit 310 with my best gear on my Hunter. Hard raid also gives shit drops. I'm at Oryx now but up until then I got a 317 Ghost (sweeeeet), 300 Mida's Reckoning (original and trash), 308 Silence of A'Arn (my last one was 302 so good), 309 cloak (original) and a 313 cloak (Harrowed) at Daughters. Least that made my Flayer Mantle hit 313 guaranteed.

my Warlock has the almighty Tlaloc and is at 305 now.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Man, Iron Banner was sick this time around! Having it be clash was awesome, really fun. Got all 3 characters to 5 with more loot than I know what to do with. Saladin will give you packages at ranks 3 and 5, plus the drops have been really nice. Ended up with 2 ships, like 8 hand cannons, almost all the armor, and 150 marks from the bounties 3 times. One package had a 316 scout, 318 ghost, and other crap too. So fun.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm level 3 and 1/3rd but after hitting the last bounty for today and tomorrows I'll shoot up to level 4. The one first day bounty that you need a lot of shit done but rank 4 as a requirement I'll get as I've done all points to that bounty but not the leveling to 4. I'll hit 4 tomorrow and turn in the bounty so the big jump in XP modifier for the last day I'll hit 5 guaranteed.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Man, Iron Banner was sick this time around! Having it be clash was awesome, really fun. Got all 3 characters to 5 with more loot than I know what to do with. Saladin will give you packages at ranks 3 and 5, plus the drops have been really nice. Ended up with 2 ships, like 8 hand cannons, almost all the armor, and 150 marks from the bounties 3 times. One package had a 316 scout, 318 ghost, and other crap too. So fun.
    Whattt. Those are some crazy drops man! I'm on level 4 right now... haven't received anything that good for sure. I love that they changed it up with the mode for the banner. I do enjoy Control much more, but this is a breath of fresh air. I hope they throw different modes in there next time around with Iron Banner. I just finished the raid on hard mode for the first time about a few minutes ago and MAN! It was dam intense. We got Oryx to the middle 2 times and just couldn't get the DPS on him, but eventually we prevailed! I was able to snab a 319 rocket launcher, 313 chest piece (Warlock), a 316 bond, and 315 boots. So yea, very worth it! Haven't felt that good on a raid since Vault first came out.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I got trash out of the Iron Banner level packages.

I got lucky today in the Hard Raid. Got a 320 rocket launcher (forget how to type the name), 315 arms, 315 cloak and a 317 Harrowed Doom of Chelchis. My Hunter is now at a powerful 314.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Whattt. Those are some crazy drops man! I'm on level 4 right now... haven't received anything that good for sure. I love that they changed it up with the mode for the banner. I do enjoy Control much more, but this is a breath of fresh air. I hope they throw different modes in there next time around with Iron Banner. I just finished the raid on hard mode for the first time about a few minutes ago and MAN! It was dam intense. We got Oryx to the middle 2 times and just couldn't get the DPS on him, but eventually we prevailed! I was able to snab a 319 rocket launcher, 313 chest piece (Warlock), a 316 bond, and 315 boots. So yea, very worth it! Haven't felt that good on a raid since Vault first came out.
    Dude, you gotta hit me up if you have an extra spot. I've only managed to get to the warpriest. Need some reliable peeps that will play!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Btw, does anyone know what's different now in Shaxx's quest line? Weren't they shortening it?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Btw, does anyone know what's different now in Shaxx's quest line? Weren't they shortening it?
    Yea man! We will get it going for sure. I complete it with all my characters every week. Currently stuck at 315 with all my characters and cannot get a high level special weapon for the life of me.

As for Shaxx, They're making it easier to complete the quests that are given for crucible. Having to get wins was a major pain in the arse, so now you just need completions. Not sure when it goes into effect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yea man! We will get it going for sure. I complete it with all my characters every week. Currently stuck at 315 with all my characters and cannot get a high level special weapon for the life of me.

As for Shaxx, They're making it easier to complete the quests that are given for crucible. Having to get wins was a major pain in the arse, so now you just need completions. Not sure when it goes into effect.
    WTF. I did that whole damn Shaxx quest line and there were times I wanted to cry, throw my controller at my tv, and murder my crucible fire team through the television. It felt sooooo good when I finally finished it. I'm okay with making it easier so that other people can keep their sanity.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I thought that they were going to shorten it by getting rid of certain steps, but that's ok. I'm not that far into it, I'll keep going.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Anyone here having luck at Trials of Osiris this year? Most wins I've managed with my friend and a random is 6 wins and no losses. I want to go to the Lighthouse just once. Why can't I face 8 teams of fuckwads in a row so I can get it?

I'm better than the average player in Crucible but this 3 v 3 bullshit I am a bit stale. I usually tend to go average and am a mediocre team mate overall with it. I do get some amazing games and rounds but it's not consistent. I need the same 2 people every week to actually smash and win.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 12-05-2015 at 05:55 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Anyone here having luck at Trials of Osiris this year? Most wins I've managed with my friend and a random is 6 wins and no losses. I want to go to the Lighthouse just once. Why can't I face 8 teams of fuckwads in a row so I can get it?

I'm better than the average player in Crucible but this 3 v 3 bullshit I am a bit stale. I usually tend to go average and am a mediocre team mate overall with it. I do get some amazing games and rounds but it's not consistent. I need the same 2 people every week to actually smash and win.
    I've managed to go 7 matches. LFG always has hardcore PvP players that are willing to carry people. I just don't have the drive to play Trials all that much. I play a hell of a lot of PvP. But Trials is the bottom mode I play right now.

On another note. I am really disappointed about the whole Year 2 release plan. No more big DLC? Mini events like SRL (Which I love) and Festival Of The Lost? After about two days of these events, I get bored of them. Oh wow, we get cosmetic gear for our races!! We get legendary gear that is completely useless!! I've run into the black hole of having nothing to do in this game except trying to get all my characters to 320 (All are at 318 at the moment). Unless they are going to throw some higher level shit to beat with such a high light level, or they are just going to give us little $10.00 packs no one cares for. I do like SRL, but for only having two tracks and having me buy something and having no idea what I am getting... it's a bit ridiculous at this point. All I can think is that they are doing these mini events to fill in for half of Year 2 until Destiny 2 comes out (Everyone thinks September). I like what they're trying to do, but it seems little too late at this point. We want harder raids, more strikes... Ugh, I can go on.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    SRL: just give me the damn shaders.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I love this week's Trials map and I also got The Chaperone this past week finally. I LOVE the gun. It's so much fun to use. I am wrecking people in Trials with it. I managed 18/3 one match haha.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 12-12-2015 at 12:53 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Yeah, I like that gun a lot too, fun.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah, I like that gun a lot too, fun.
    It's not a scrub shotgun like Conspiracy Theory-d(ouchebag) which requires no skill like just about every other shotgun in this game. To get kills with The Chaperone you have to actually take time, aim and make sure your shot counts. No shooting a guy in the kneecap and he dies. I hate 1000 Yard Aim Assist when it comes to Trials as well. That sniper rifle is so fucking broken and lop sided in design. It's a joke. I know they won't but I hope they nerf it to shit, then we'll see who is really a good sniper in Trials.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    BEAT THE ORYX CHALLENGE MODE!

Fun as shit too. I loved it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    FINALLY completed that blasted Jolly Holiday quest!! With not much to do these days in year 2 of Destiny, I've been completing quests that have been sitting dormant in my log for awhile now. Bungie really needs to come up with something soon as far as events are concerned. Another big add-on won't be coming until early March from several sources, but they need something significant to keep the year 1 players busy. All I am grinding for is a dam 320 special for my hunter to go 320, and a dam helmet that is higher than 313 for my Warlock. Starting to feel that frustration that VOG brought us when we couldn't get that ONE piece of armor/weapon. I hope that the next event will give us the option to get some 320 pieces because this shit is just ridiculous at this point, and there is literally nothing to do. The amount of people that still cannot handle Oryx is baffling to me btw.