Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Thorn, Suros Regime and Mythoclast. All anyone ever uses in Iron Banner as far as I notice. It kinda lacks variety. I'm having fun with it for the most part.

I made that Xur asshole rich (spent 47 coins) this week, I bought two Icebreakers (one for Hunter, one for Warlock) and Obsidian Mind this week. I'm tempted to buy Glasshouse for the fuck of it.
    i hate to rub salt in the wound but on PS4 you can replace thorn with Hawkmoon because its so much scarier, and it will sometimes just clean you out with a single headshot. If multiple people on the opposing team has and know not to take a third point, then its just over.

Still i have all of these and im finding most of my successes with MIDA/Swordbreaker/Corrective Measure. MIDA providing even more mobility and thirdeye keeping my ass covered. Or Vision/Invective/Corrective Measure. Finally I also use UniversalRemote/Praedyth's Revenge/Corrective measure, but universal remote is sort of underperforming in iron banned so I am mostly doing MIDA.

Regardless of my loadout, it all boils down to whether my teamates feel the urge to hold all three loints, ignoring that they never accomplish it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    i hate to rub salt in the wound but on PS4 you can replace thorn with Hawkmoon because its so much scarier, and it will sometimes just clean you out with a single headshot. If multiple people on the opposing team has and know not to take a third point, then its just over.

Still i have all of these and im finding most of my successes with MIDA/Swordbreaker/Corrective Measure. MIDA providing even more mobility and thirdeye keeping my ass covered. Or Vision/Invective/Corrective Measure. Finally I also use UniversalRemote/Praedyth's Revenge/Corrective measure, but universal remote is sort of underperforming in iron banned so I am mostly doing MIDA.

Regardless of my loadout, it all boils down to whether my teamates feel the urge to hold all three loints, ignoring that they never accomplish it.
    People use Thorn for high damage and telekinetic burn. Hawkmoon sounds great

Not sure how PS4 Crucible Iron Banner tactics are but on Xbox One though it's basically attack zones in groups and camp heavy ammo. I've lost numerous matches due to campers who swarm heavy ammo and basically MG your ass across the map. It's weak gameplay for shitty players.

However, we're getting to the point now wherethe new factor is wearing off. Soon all this game will have is the hardcores and noobs/cheapos who bought on sale. I'll be sticking with/to this game for a long time to come. I hope that House of Wolves for March 10th date is true.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 01-16-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Well the basic game theory is that heavy ammo is the most important think, when i do have a team of six we all literally abandon every point to grab heavy. Heavy is better than a zone.

The other thing is to simply grab and hold two zones and then manage foot traffic between them. Its such a good stratevy that most teams will quit if you can pull it off. However if so much as one person goes after "C," then the spawn points change, and time to zone changes and basically everyone gets fucked and you lose.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Played this for a bit this afternoon after not touching it for quite a while. Was fun, did some patrols.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Played this for a bit this afternoon after not touching it for quite a while. Was fun, did some patrols.
    Yeah, I revisited it as well. If you've been away from it for a while, you immediately realize all the fun you can have patrolling and striking. Unfortunately after a while you start getting caught back up in the upper level grind. I just wish there was more to the story. So much potential there and yet it still leaves me feeling extremely unsatisfied every time I go back to it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    Yeah, I revisited it as well. If you've been away from it for a while, you immediately realize all the fun you can have patrolling and striking. Unfortunately after a while you start getting caught back up in the upper level grind. I just wish there was more to the story. So much potential there and yet it still leaves me feeling extremely unsatisfied every time I go back to it.
    Exactly! DLC is a shame, I always feel that stuff should be included in the game, that's why it's too short. And yeah, I'm in that upper level grind as well.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I spent today repeatedly plunging my face inti the brick wall that is hard mode.l Everything is gravy until you reach crota. Bungie literally examined the going popular legitimate strategy and then added an element that counters every single aspect of it. On top of that they nade it so that crota enrages every encounter, regardless of time passed. It is intensely frustrating. My clan dispersed early tonight witht the leadership at each others throats and everyone else beaten into tired silence.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I spent today repeatedly plunging my face inti the brick wall that is hard mode.l Everything is gravy until you reach crota. Bungie literally examined the going popular legitimate strategy and then added an element that counters every single aspect of it. On top of that they nade it so that crota enrages every encounter, regardless of time passed. It is intensely frustrating. My clan dispersed early tonight witht the leadership at each others throats and everyone else beaten into tired silence.
    I think they had cheap padding to make it "hard." Me and 3 friends tried the lantern run with horrible results. Laughable actually.

Plus I think they just wanted to go the extra mile with a middle finger salute by making it extra annoying and impossible just to say "Hahahaha, you guys cheated normal so stay there."

Minus a few runs (to get a few weapons and maybe the upgrade piece for Necrochasm) I don't see myself playing this on hard often at all.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I just had a rare engram up-roll to a Solar One Way Ticket 000, with Hard Launch, Cluster Bomb, Field Scout and Who's Next (no relation to GOOOOOOLDBEEERRRRGGGG).

With vault swapping, i can usually max out a weapon in 2 days with just the challenges and 3 characters. This thing might be HAM-MODE

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Heads up, necrochasm upgrade is NOT dropping from anywhere right now. Nobody has the necrochasm.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Heads up, necrochasm upgrade is NOT dropping from anywhere right now. Nobody has the necrochasm.
    It's probably as rare if not more than the Mythoclast drop. Plus I've read several theories on what it would take. Who knows?

I did a bridge run legit checkpoint with some friends and ended up being rewarded with the Abyss Defiant. It's a good auto-rifle. It has perks and parallels to the Suros Regime. I am pleased.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It's probably as rare if not more than the Mythoclast drop. Plus I've read several theories on what it would take. Who knows?

I did a bridge run legit checkpoint with some friends and ended up being rewarded with the Abyss Defiant. It's a good auto-rifle. It has perks and parallels to the Suros Regime. I am pleased.
    I like the auto rifle but i LOVE the pulse rifle.

About an hour ago after trying for two whole days l, after "one more try" and "that didnt count lets make this last one good," after our ogre plan didnt go as planned, after our sword bearer died, our titan picked up the sword and fucking killed that son of a bitch.

Received the scout rifle!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I like the auto rifle but i LOVE the pulse rifle.

About an hour ago after trying for two whole days l, after "one more try" and "that didnt count lets make this last one good," after our ogre plan didnt go as planned, after our sword bearer died, our titan picked up the sword and fucking killed that son of a bitch.

Received the scout rifle!
    Errrrrrrg, the only weapon I've yearned for besides the Handcannon is the Scout Rifle. I'll get more attempts done in the future.

Xur is selling Radiant Dance Machines today. Good job, motherfucker.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So....

I tried the Hard Crota's end Raid tonight with another group of friends. It's so glitchy and hard due to added cheap difficulty modifiers just for the sake of being "hard." I get the mechanics of how to play and what to do on hard but the sheer amount of design flaws make it a glaringly abysmal affair. I'll beat it with a group sometime for sure, that's a given, but the amount of issues present makes it not even worth the attempt. Honestly, none of the rewards are really anything special at all. The borderline retarded enrage trigger with the last sword hit is asinine. Yeah, we get it the swordcarrier dances about (preferably a hunter with invisibility) and the others spam rockets for the final shield drop for the remaining two hits. Time on the clock and white knuckles grabbing a controller!!!!!

It's just dumb. Vault of Glass hard was actually a challenge and well put together Raid that didn't put you at the mercy of glitches, lag or lame modifiers.

The best parts of the night were the disappearing sword after one swordbearer kill and another run where Crota had no shield due to our fire decided to hit our sword carrier to death and then proceeded to kneel. Pathetic. This raid was never fun but this hard one is absolutely boredom and a headache. Doubt I'll bother with it much, even after level cap increase from House of Wolves.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Grinded like 10 bounties, 4 story missions (zzzzzz) and half a dozen of crucible matches to finally get my level 15 Titan to level 20 in about 2 and a half hours. After equipping my legendary and exotic gear I immediately shot up to level 28.

Now I'm waiting on the stupid Gunsmith to sell rare fusion rifles for my Pocket Infinity bounty.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    No fusion rifles...but Warlock Nightfall run scored me Suros Regime, much to the anger of one of my friends.

Did Crota's End normal Deathsinger checkpoint and got the MIDA-Multi Tool. Today was a good day.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 02-02-2015 at 05:23 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    MIDA is how you win the raid.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    MIDA is how you win the raid.
    How so? Crota?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For those interested, House of Wolves DLC possibly launching May 19th.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    How so? Crota?
    with lightweight, and max agility, mida makes it nearly impossible for enemies to touch you. Suddenly the abyss is a walk in the park, those thralls cant catch you.

Mida passively has high caliber rounds, that dont slow down handling, so all of those viscious high level knights become easily staggered.

As my groups go-to sword bearer, mida allows me fast escapes and it allows me to arrive at the sword faster. Its just fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Played some more, and am now back into it! I made it to lvl24, and am trying to get some legendary stuff, don't have any yet. Awesome!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Beat Hard Crota today with randoms at Destinylfg.com on the first try.

Got Glowhoo, energy and the helmet. Shafted! No weapons!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I finally got my gjallahorn this week!

That, plus the weapon changes coming on tuesday, plus the long wait for house of wolves... might be time for a much needed break.

Although I still need a black hammer... so probably still hanging around on tuesdays...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I finally got my gjallahorn this week!

That, plus the weapon changes coming on tuesday, plus the long wait for house of wolves... might be time for a much needed break.

Although I still need a black hammer... so probably still hanging around on tuesdays...
    All anyone wants/wanted along with IceBreaker.

Xur has Plan C today. Glass House, Don't Touch Me and Sunbreakers (LOL). Gauntlet engrams.

I'll probably nab Don't Touch Me. Supposedly they have some of the best Hunter gauntlet discpline stats he's ever sold.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Weapon Tuning Coming

Let's see...

Nerf auto-rifle effectiveness/damage/range? Check.

Nerf handcannon range? Check.

Nerf fusion rifle effectiveness/range? Check.

Nerf Shotguns in PvP further? Check.

However we still have:

Heavy Ammo Glitch (For now)
    Hard Raid glitches/bugs
    Lag/netcode errors in PvP
    No extended Vault space

Who the fuck are they listening to? Their top priority is fixing Pulse Rifles? Who ever is in charge for these updates for "community feedback" needs to stop looking into PvP Crucible shit. Now due to that tweaking shit, most of my weapons are going to suffer new weaknesses in PVE.

Give me a break.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I played the shit out of this game when it came out, for weeks and weeks, and now... I haven't put it in my console in at least two, maybe three weeks. I am so sick and tired of having PvE shit on in favor of PvP and Raids and all the other pointless stupid shit that I don't want to do because I am a SOLO PLAYER. I don't do multiplayer in games because I can't stand it, having to rely on another player just to get through something I should be able to do on my own. I used to do the Nightfall strikes solo; now? I can't even do the weekly heroic strikes without getting my ass brutally beaten because of the difficulty tweaks. all in the interests of "fairness" and "community". fuck the community. I want solo content, and instead it's always Iron fucking Banner and constant weapons devaluing all the damn time.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Hey, i like to play solo games, but this is an mmo... I think youre barking up the wrong tree.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    That's what people keep telling me. However, I really don't think it's too much to ask to support solo play just as much as they support multiplayer. They're a big enough studio, they have a big enough team of people to fully support every type of player.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My faults are they focus on PvP rather than the co-op aspects of PvE. It's even worse on Xbox as PS has two extra strikes and more exotics to get. Not much but when you've replayed the Earth strike 5657658 times it's gotten old.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Beat Hard Crota...

Fang of Ir Yut
    4 Shards, 4 Energy

Got back to the tower afterwards and find Red Death sitting at the Postmaster's mailbox. Nice surprise. Guess since I had full weapons and hence didn't pop on feed.