Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Ingress

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Ingress

Couldn't find a thread on this so here we go. Google took their google maps and made a global capture the flag game with geotagged photos of cool architecture, sculptures, monuments, anything cool. I've been playing since December and its as addicting as hell to me.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    They finally opened this up to iOS devices a few days ago.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Alright, I played it for 2 weeks. I don't really find the game fun, but the community is pretty fascinating. Heavy community connection there. I met quite a few people without even trying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I read in this article that one of the guys at Niantic, the company that akes Ingress, worked on the Year Zero ARG. (Insert 'maybe its a YZ clue' joke here)

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I guess I've been playing this for a year now. I moved now live in a different location and the local community kinda sucks. So I play less frequently. I can't say I've ever paid attention to the story they try to make in the game. Seems like there is a new bit of news/media every week that I just skip over. When the story changes an aspect of the gameplay I just find out from the other players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey all, I'm in Los Angeles, Resistance faction. Anybody else play? Need any advice or tips? How is Ingress in your town? L.A. is poppin', I'm battling for portals every day.