Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: House of Cards

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    it's an AMAZING show! i consumed the first season pretty much in one sitting.
    BTW y'all, how in the hell do i do the "spoiler text?"

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Like this [ spoiler ]your text here[ /spoiler ] without the spaces in the brackets.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 02-15-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Spoiler: I'm going to miss Stamper, creepy and horrid as he was.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Spoiler: I had to pause due to cackling at Frank watching a gangbang on his MacBook.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Spoiler: I had to pause due to cackling at Frank watching a gangbang on his MacBook.
    I love that Spoiler: Robin Wright directed that episode.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    brb Spoiler: bandaging my hand in order to get a threesome (I had to pause and scream at the laptop).

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I just finished season 2. This is definitely one of my favorite shows ever. I love politics, and wish i could be a politician, but they could dig up way too much dirt on me.

Spoiler: I couldn't BELIEVE the fucking murder of Zoe. And i'm gonna miss Doug too.

now the long, LONG wait for season 3. that's the only thing i can't stand about these netflix shows. it almost makes me wish they would release them one episode a week.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Show of hands on who can't stand Zoe? *raises hand*
    Sorry for the double post. I fucking LOVE Zoe..in an aesthetic way.
    So, @orestes and the rest of you guys who have seen the brit version, how is it? Worth my time?
    And BTW, i'm stuck in a tiny town where i can't get a job due to my long hair and piercings, but i cant leave because i'm on bond for an alleged crime. The wheels of justice turn very, VERY slowly here.
    So i have a LOT of time.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Actually, I haven't seen the UK original yet.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I've seen the first season (or series as the Brits like to call it). It's a little dated but is pleasant enough to get through. The actor playing Frank also had roles in Brazil, Dark City and was the Grey Poupon guy.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I binge watched this last weekend. This season was better than the first. How rare is that? I love the set and costume design. It is sooooo purposeful.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Best show on tv. One of my fav shows of all time. Binged on season 2 all week last week to the point where my eyes were bleeding.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I started watching this last night. And fuck, is it good. I plan on watching the whole first and second season by this weekend. It's really interesting, because I rarely ever get into political dramas like this, but I dunno. These characters are all so interesting in their own ways that I can't help but be genuinely curious about what their next move is. Hell, the first 60 seconds of the first episode was enough to get me in, hook, line, and sinker. Also, the way they handle the fourth wall is just great. Not too much, just enough to make me want more and more of them. Kevin Spacey as Frank Underwood is one hell of a presence on-screen.

Also, Kate Mara. Yum. YUM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    First season was miles ahead of the second. Show has become a really good shitty one. Just like Dexter in his prime.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    Spoiler: I'm going to miss Stamper, creepy and horrid as he was.
    Spoiler: But...I swear his eye moved at the very beginning of the last scene with him. Even if it didn't, he could just be unconscious. My guess: he's not dead.

I just binged on the entire series last week. I'm sad to say that nothing shocked me. Perhaps the biggest "shocker" of the second season was one that I saw coming. But that doesn't diminish my enjoyment of the show. Shocking or not, I think it's a very well shot show (absolutely love the set design and camera work), and I like the story lines. I hate most of the characters (not the acting, the actual characters) and am eager for the next season because I just want to see people get what they've got coming. Here's hoping!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I think it's really cool that you can watch this with spanish as the spoken language.
    I studied spanish for 6 years in school, and i speak it pretty damn well, but i'm still not completely fluent.
    Anyway, i'm watching again in spanish to practice my linguistic skills.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed the two seasons,can't wait for the third. Spoiler: I wonder what Gavin is going to do in the next season and if he will be able to link Zoe's murder to Frank. He is my favorite character so far,along with Frank,Claire and Russo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just watched the first two seasons in the span of the last 3 weeks loving the show! Can't wait for season 3!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Only posting this because the zombie version of Frank from the BBC version made me laugh.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Finally got into this show last week and I'm almost done with the first season. Man, Spacey just lights up the screen in this show. I love how he casually looks at the camera when he says things before they happen and he is right.. man it is so spot on. Kate Mara is total eye candy on screen, and I love the character development.. it's enough to keep you intrigued, but not too much where you lose interest. Cannot wait to get to season 2!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I've watched all of season 1 and 2 over the last three weeks or so. Man. It's not often that show is able to grab me like this one.

Most of it is pretty predictable. You can see exactly what is coming, but it is still exciting. I LOVED this.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Sweet news. I recently got into this show and snapped up both seasons on blu-ray. Love this shit. It's so unapologetic and a cancer to watch. Frank Underwood is such a conniving and rutheless asshole. I love it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Bah, it comes out when I'm following Placebo on tour. Guess I'll be watching it on my iPhone while lining up.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i can't fucking WAIT for season three.
    you're right about Kate Mara, @Self.Destructive.Pattern . i haven't had a tv crush like that since Saved By the Bell

I just love Kevin Spacey, and this is, for me, his best role by far. He is the perfect vindictive sensualist slimeball antihero. Looking at even like, the way he moves, i can tell that he thinks A LOT about the character and works really hard on it.

I wonder what the fuck is going to happen now that Frank is where he is now!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I wonder what the fuck is going to happen now that Frank is where he is now!
    Kinda obvious. Rachel's gonna blackmail the fuck outta him. But then Frank is approached by the Guinea Pig Hacker and agrees to meet all the demands GPH gave that one dude last season if GPH starts working for him. Everything will be cool 'til GPH is asked to take out Rachel and is faced with a moral quandary.
    Claire, in the meantime, is having an affair w/Russo's ex-girlfriend and constantly fighting with Frank about supporting the LGBT community. Then the roommate Frank slept with in military school shows up with naked pics of them together and threatens to give them to Andrea Mitchell unless Frank signs a constitutional amendment regarding same-sex marriages. Frank signs it but then has the cute gay secret service guy kill his friend. CGSS breaks down, confesses to Claire, who confronts Frank, who is now fucking Claire''s current/Russo's ex-girlfriend. And then they have a foursome.
    The Senate Whip who always wears really short skirts with crazy pumps reveals she's pregnant w/Remy's kid but hasn't been able to reach him. Frank asks GPH to find him. They eventually track him down - he's living in Frank's state (Alabama? Tennessee? I forget.) and running a BBQ joint w/Freddy. Frank and Freddy have a touching reunion over some ribs (only Frank eats) while SWWAWRSSWCP and Remy talk it out. Frank suggests that Remy come back to DC to open a new Freddy's Joint. Remy agrees. Then everyone hugs, smiles, do those chest-thumping handshakes and eats more ribs (except Freddy).
    Season finale will be about Frank changing the constitution and declaring the US a dictatorship. And at the very end, white hipster journalist escapes from prison and meets up with GPH, Rachel, Freddy and Russo's ex/Clare's now-ex g/f in the woods and plan how to take him down. CGSS guy listens behind a tree.

THE END

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @Miss Baphomette , the amount of time and thought you must have put into that is just a LITTLE disturbing

but it's fucking hilarious

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @Miss Baphomette , the amount of time and thought you must have put into that is just a LITTLE disturbing
    Ha! What's disturbing is that I came up with it right after I read your post at around 2:50PM. :P

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Ha! What's disturbing is that I came up with it right after I read your post at around 2:50PM. :P
    You're nuts
    BUT...pulling that off in that small of a timeframe shows that you're pretty damn smart too.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Kinda obvious. Rachel's gonna blackmail the fuck outta him. But then Frank is approached by the Guinea Pig Hacker and agrees to meet all the demands GPH gave that one dude last season if GPH starts working for him. Everything will be cool 'til GPH is asked to take out Rachel and is faced with a moral quandary.
    Claire, in the meantime, is having an affair w/Russo's ex-girlfriend and constantly fighting with Frank about supporting the LGBT community. Then the roommate Frank slept with in military school shows up with naked pics of them together and threatens to give them to Andrea Mitchell unless Frank signs a constitutional amendment regarding same-sex marriages. Frank signs it but then has the cute gay secret service guy kill his friend. CGSS breaks down, confesses to Claire, who confronts Frank, who is now fucking Claire''s current/Russo's ex-girlfriend. And then they have a foursome.
    The Senate Whip who always wears really short skirts with crazy pumps reveals she's pregnant w/Remy's kid but hasn't been able to reach him. Frank asks GPH to find him. They eventually track him down - he's living in Frank's state (Alabama? Tennessee? I forget.) and running a BBQ joint w/Freddy. Frank and Freddy have a touching reunion over some ribs (only Frank eats) while SWWAWRSSWCP and Remy talk it out. Frank suggests that Remy come back to DC to open a new Freddy's Joint. Remy agrees. Then everyone hugs, smiles, do those chest-thumping handshakes and eats more ribs (except Freddy).
    Season finale will be about Frank changing the constitution and declaring the US a dictatorship. And at the very end, white hipster journalist escapes from prison and meets up with GPH, Rachel, Freddy and Russo's ex/Clare's now-ex g/f in the woods and plan how to take him down. CGSS guy listens behind a tree.

THE END
    Best fan fiction ever.