Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: House of Cards

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Spoiler: He purposely tempted Russo into that night at the hotel so he'd drop out of the race and the current Vice President could run for governor, opening up the slot for himself. And although he let the president down a few times he came through more often I would say.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    This show is brilliant, other than Boss it's very hard to find quality political/drama television (never was a big fan of west wing).

First time i saw Kevin Spacey address the audience/camera i was like wtf is this shit? But it works really well and now i find it to be a great feature, which improves Frank Underwood character. This show is extremely well written.

Spoiler: oh and that scene where Frank screws up on national television, boy was that painful to watch. Only time i've ever felt embarrassed for any tv character before was kenny powers, but frank topped it right there.
    Last edited by Sallos; 02-16-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    This is eons ahead of Boss.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    This is eons ahead of Boss.
    Indeed, im just a sucker for kelsey grammer.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    He was good, the remainder of it was just a mess.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallos View Post
    This show is brilliant, other than Boss it's very hard to find quality political/drama television (never was a big fan of west wing).

First time i saw Kevin Spacey address the audience/camera i was like wtf is this shit? But it works really well and now i find it to be a great feature, which improves Frank Underwood character. This show is extremely well written.

Spoiler: oh and that scene where Frank screws up on national television, boy was that painful to watch. Only time i've ever felt embarrassed for any tv character before was kenny powers, but frank topped it right there.
    Really? I found Peter's fall from grace much more painful to watch.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

House of Cards

I'm unconvinced that putting out all the episodes at once is a good idea. Mostly because it makes threads like this awkward because we're all not following it at the same time. The budget for the show is around the neighborhood of 100 million. That's a bit daunting given the fact it was released like this. "Appointment television" is something that should still have some value in today's marketplace.
    That's a actually short money for Netflix considering how much they have to pay out whenever we watch another show. They save those fees and probably gain more subscribers. If they can keep up with another quality series, they could grow their subscriber count.

I'm going to Netflix right now and gonna watch the original bbc series.
    Last edited by Dra508; 02-16-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have no idea if putting out all the episodes at once is good for the bottom line, but as a viewer I find it awesome. I mean, there's a part of me that enjoys that week to week anticipation but given the choice I would always take a show this way. It makes me want to stick with my Netflix subscription on principle.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Amazing show. Such well-rounded characters, engaging dialogue and masterful pace. And I have to agree with some here that Frank and Claire's relationship was one of the high points of the series. It is so complex and feels so real. You've got love and respect, yet also a hint of a darker undercurrent that both know and even embrace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm only up to episode ten but the series has really started to flounder in translating the particularly British sexual politics to an American setting.

The glee and sense of fun and perversity in the affair and the concrete knowledge that the wife understands because she understands Francis better than he understands himself has been translated into churlish, puritanical, petty bickering between the characters.

It is also important to cement that Clarie understands Francis and what he wants better than he does considering that this is the emotional premise that the series depends for it's ultimate conclusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I struggled through the end of the season but I'll still watch season 2 purely to see Claire destroy the lady she fired.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sweet. I can't wait!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

House of Cards

I know what I'll be doing for a couple days in February.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Anyone else notice the song in the background?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This season looks a lot more intense. Almost like a thriller rather than a drama.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Anyone else notice the song in the background?
    What what?, I am dumb.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I didn't notice until someone pointed it out.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    cannot wait for Season 2. The first was an unexpected delight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Incredible show, found it very complex at the beginning and hard to follow at points, and it was very fast moving, but something kept me hooked and the last few episodes were very rewarding, i would be surprised if the young journalist woman made it out alive also Robin Wright's character is the coldest bitch on screen for years, im dying for season 2 and am finding the wait painful, even more so than i was for Breaking Bad. Agree the next season will be a very different type of show.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Wah I had two gofobo passes for the red carpet premiere tonight but I am sick as hell and cannot attend and sadly I cant transfer them to anyone. O well I shall be binging at midnight like the rest of yall. cant wait.

Edit: just watched the first ep LOL jesus....
    Last edited by littlemonkey613; 02-14-2014 at 05:25 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Five eps left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is the best Valentine's day present!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm on episode 3 now.

Spoiler: Jesus fuck that scene where the reporter was in the diner and got the ipad in the mail followed by the fucking animated character matching the hacker's voice almost made me stop watching...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    I'm on episode 3 now.

Spoiler: Jesus fuck that scene where the reporter was in the diner and got the ipad in the mail followed by the fucking animated character matching the hacker's voice almost made me stop watching...
    You'll see. Spoiler: I think it was done that way on purpose, to make it seem more spy-ey to Lucas.