Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Camera policy for this tour?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Camera policy for this tour?

So I don't think I've seen it anywhere officially but is the camera policy open on this tour like it has in "recent" tours? Would love to know possibly before tonite so I can record the show in Pitt tonite.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    None.
    Some venues are ok with small crappy "non-professional" cameras, most barely are ok with your cell phone. Cleveland let you take pictures on your phone but if it looked like you might be taking video they got in your face INSTANTLY.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Yeah seems to be kinda spotty. I've heard people getting their cameras/phones swatted down while others have been able to film entire songs with no problem. The only actual rule I saw posted was "no cameras with removable lens" but that might have just been the venue policy.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    A friend was at last nights show. Snapped a few pics and was kicked out of the show for doing so. He only got to see 1 song performed. Then they booted him. Absolute bullshit...
    Last edited by heavenly_bearded; 10-27-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Oh well. It felt nice being able to walk into the Wave Goodbye shows with my camera bag and not feel like I was smuggling drugs across the border.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    At the Mountain Oasis Festival? That's so bizarre. The barricade folks had all kinds of small cameras and the security asked no filming and no flash.
    that's the one. Apparently he was not even given the opportunity to just put it away and enjoy the show. Just gave him the boot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    that's the one. Apparently he was not even given the opportunity to just put it away and enjoy the show. Just gave him the boot.
    That's insane, but not surprising. The event staff were such dicks last night. I actually saw the fucking guy with the dreadlocks slap a woman's camera out of her hand right next to me. I sent a strongly worded email to the operations director of the arena, but he said Mountain Oasis hired their own security, so he would follow up with them.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Fuck's sake, that is just rotten. I hope he can get his money back or some compensation for the overreacting security douche.
    Over 400 in tickets plus air fare and hotel is not cheap. I would have put up a BIG fight and probably end up in jail for assault.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The guy at MO didn't have a P&S - he had a DSLR with what looks like a 55-200mm lens and was in the front. That's just asking for trouble.

There are signs everywhere saying cameras with removable lenses are not allowed. I really think it's awful, from a fan standpint, that he had to leave but it's really his fault. He was lucky to get it in earlier in the day and not get the boot then.

I had a P&S also - but one that has a lens that sticks out; i.e., not a typical deck-of-cards-shaped camera with a tiny lens. I had two security come up to me on the rail and make comments and I had to show them the lens was fixed and despite being larger than other people's cameras, it was actually a small 7-year-old model.

BTW I have been told TWICE by NIN (not venue) personnel to stop using that very camera - Atlanta City and Rapid City 2008. They make the rules - like it or go fuck yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like I won't be taking pictures next month. I don't want to even risk it if the venue staffers are being assholes.

I wonder if there will be a tour DVD for this tour, though. I don't see why else they would be swatting down video recording so much if there wasn't going to be. Then again, it could just be the bands getting tired of it. I saw Avenged Sevenfold in September and their show production made it nearly impossible to get any good pictures or video. There were tons of light changes and a lot of pyro.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benaiah View Post
    It makes it like quite different which has to be there because at the end it does counted which is the need and we gotta be thinking of how cool this can be so that a better outcome can be have.
    Yes that agree post is makes lots sense me to read that very much.