Page 11 of 99 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    So for Central-Eastern Europe we could have:

Peninsula: Romania: Cluj - 18-21 July (played here [actually īn Tārgu Mureș, Peninsula was moved to Cluj in the meantime] in 2009)
    Sziget: Hungary: Budapest - 5-12 August (played here in 2007 + venue in 2009)
    Rock N Heim: Hockenheim - 16-18 August ("somewhat confirmed")
    this was my speculation too, but I don't think they'll start their tour here. (read as impossible)
    Maybe next year we get a proper European tour and my boyfriend will have to come with me.

Poor soul.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    So awesome! I just hope they're not playing the east coast in August when I'll be in South America.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Hm. Getting married this year, was planning on finding a house next year. May need to put that on hold until post-tour

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I think it'd be cool to see a setlist sort of like http://www.ninwiki.com/2009/08/02_Knebworth,_England , extended to fit a full show, of course. Like others have said, I think Trent's going to avoid the usual tracks for this tour; this lineup looks like it could paint some pretty damn nice soundscapes. Can't wait.
    Oh yes, that was a great day, and so unexpected. LITS brought tears to my eyes.

I'm all for dropping the 'hits' and having a more album-tracky/ambient type thing for some of the show. Defo would like some of the Ghosts material. Maybe even some Social Network/TGWTDT...

Or just Fragility 3.0...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is very true, not to mention that many of the arenas for LITS weren't sold-out. Maybe they'll have another big band to tour with this time, we shall see

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Lollapalooza would be insane considering the "leak" that HTDA is performing there as well.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    27 shows under my belt since early 90s bring on shows 28+

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I have updated the first post in the thread to include the "rumored" dates so far. If they are real dates, it appears NIN will be spending July/August hitting festivals in random countries.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'll be hitting 18 shows come the next one. Finally, I'll be coming of age.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Reading Festival is the week after Rock en Heim in Germany. I would be surprised if they missed Reading considering they are touring European festivals in August.
    If not that then i reckon a few UK dates in late August.

Fuck me few months away, so didnt see that coming.

I reckon it will be a lot more artistic and visual less aggression and mania. i reckon it will still be awesome. Trent is too old for smashing guitars and shit. No other bands i like do that stuff, Im not really worried about Adrians stage presence all he has to do is stand there and play. As long as it sounds good. which im certain it will.
    Eric Avery is a great choice too.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I've only been to 5 NIN shows, but they span 1994 to 2009. Happy days. The gigs that is.

I can't wait to see what they bring us for these upcoming shows. Exciting times.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Highly Psychological View Post

I reckon it will be a lot more artistic and visual less aggression and mania. i reckon it will still be awesome. Trent is too old for smashing guitars and shit.
    Hey you're never too old to be angry and break shit.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It's not exactly a good example for the kids though, is it?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    And ally totally instagrammed a picture of Broken sitting next to Ritual de lo Habitual by Janes Addiction a few days ago.

THE TEASES CONTINUE

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    And ally totally instagrammed a picture of Broken sitting next to Ritual de lo Habitual by Janes Addiction a few days ago.

THE TEASES CONTINUE
    omg haha, I totally forgot about that. THE FUCKING TEASE.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Maybe he'll take a pic of Purest Feeling next?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This has been a totally unproductive day at the office. I'm glad this announcement came before I received my tax refund...we don't NEED a new TV!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm so excited I want them to announce dates now so I can finally shut my mother up about when I'm going to visit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Oh dear, I sure as hell hope that Trent has made clear which spot NIN will be getting as there seem to be alot of German bands (e.g. die Ärzte) scheduled which could lead to some bad memories from 2007. I'd rather he played Southside/Hurricane again since these seem to be the only German festivals where NIN have always been appreciated.

I'm hoping for a gig in Munich or nearby and maybe Alec Empire as the opener. That show in 2007 is still among my top favorite shows that I've been to and I can not believe that it's been so long already.
    Yes, I thought that too. I hope he knows what he's doing. Those bands in the same sentence sound just wrong..

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

With all these talks about a tour and maybe a new album, does this mean NIN might pen a deal with Universal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    just uploaded this today

also by the font of the picture I did think that this tour will be about The Fragile... although I don't think they will be playing The Fragile songs exclusively, but it's a fact that the whole performance format will change... maybe more visuals?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    why does everyone have such an issue with adrian belew? he's an incredibly talented musician, he's shared the stage with the likes of bowie & zappa, not to mention being the "front-man" for king crimson, and he's not THAT old. the last time i saw crimson (in 2009, i think?) he had great stage presence and was having a lot of fun up there.

also, SO excited that josh eustis is in the lineup. oh man...
    Because they're fucking idiots.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    With the addition of another 'programmer' my flatmate just suggested that NIN "might be going dubstep"

...shudder

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    With all these talks about a tour and maybe a new album, does this mean NIN might pen a deal with Universal?
    I don't want to do a Jinsai, but I'd really wager a no there

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    All the "Hurr, Belew is SOO old" nonsense is cracking me up. BECAUSE YOU GUYS AREN'T OLD AT ALL NOW!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Can't wait to hear what Belew brings to the live show. I'd love for Robin to stay but that's only because I think the man is brilliant. Can't wait to see and hear this reinvention

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

They can sit on wooden stools and shred and fiddle with their instruments all night long and I'd still watch them play.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post

THE TEASES CONTINUE
    holy fuck. THAT'S why the NIN twitter account retweeted that

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    I've got this suspicion that everything Trent has been doing since YZ (The Slip, Ghosts, HTDA) has been feeding back into the YZ mythology in some way or another, and this announcement just feeds my suspicions even further. I'm expecting some new material for this lineup to perform (more Ghosts and perhaps another NIN LP?), and I'm also expecting an extension of what was started on the Lights In The Sky tour, something perhaps with a more cohesive narrative ala The Wall.
    I have to agree with you - I have had a gut feeling about this particularly with the lyrical theme to the HTDA tracks.

There seems to be a lot more to this than meets the eye, which is fairly typical for TR.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing View Post
    I have to agree with you - I have had a gut feeling about this particularly with the lyrical theme to the HTDA tracks.
    You know Mariqueen is the main lyricist for HTDA?