Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 2970

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    For the people that have attended earlier shows on this tour, and had nin.com presale tickets. How early have you guys shown up? I have the email info from the Edmonton/Calgary shows that are coming up this weekend, and I usually line up super early! but it's going to be retarded cold here, and I don't want to wait outside for extended periods of time and freezing my goods off if I don't have to.

They mention they allow check-in at 5pm, have they been bringing people into a waiting area once they do that?

I also like that they open the Merch booth prior to check-in, so you can put stuff in your vehicle if needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've heard as early as noon for wristband distribution. Los Angeles was about 2:30pm. First people in line were there around 5:30am.

Check in was around 5 to get the actual ticket. Then everyone was lined up according to wristband number.

Maybe you could be proactive and leave a sign up sheet at the door so you could stay in your car or indoors somewhere nearby.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I've gotten a wrist band as early as 12:30/1. So if you can handle being bundled for the cold till then, you can leave until 5 or so. It doesn't matter if you're back when they first go inside, since you just line back up in numbered order then. So if you're number 7 in line until you get your wrist band, you can leave and come back when they take people inside, and go back to being number 7.
    Or, you can be lucky like Toronto, and the presale line will be inside the venue to begin with (I think it's just that venue though because of the way the building is set up, and is also a subway hub)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The presale line was inside at Newark also.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Yay, so Stockholm + Paris! So glad they're in Europe in May

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I've gotten a wrist band as early as 12:30/1. So if you can handle being bundled for the cold till then, you can leave until 5 or so. It doesn't matter if you're back when they first go inside, since you just line back up in numbered order then. So if you're number 7 in line until you get your wrist band, you can leave and come back when they take people inside, and go back to being number 7.
    Or, you can be lucky like Toronto, and the presale line will be inside the venue to begin with (I think it's just that venue though because of the way the building is set up, and is also a subway hub)

This is actually what I'm hoping for, was going to show up early to see if it was possible to get a numbered wrist band. If I remember right, the first time they came to Calgary in 2005, they eventually let the line up go inside since it was pretty damn cold during that time as well.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The presale line was inside at Newark also.
    No, it wasn't. Like with most other shows, the line was outside until early entrance doors opening, where we lined back up inside (and could get merch) waiting to go down on to the floor. In Toronto, the initial pre sale line was indoors.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    No, it wasn't. Like with most other shows, the line was outside until early entrance doors opening, where we lined back up inside (and could get merch) waiting to go down on to the floor. In Toronto, the initial pre sale line was indoors.
    My bad. I got there after it went inside I guess. Still got an awesome spot on the floor though.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Fuck- last show tonight. RIP Tension 2013. :/

Didn't seem that long ago regarding the February news about this tour.

<------------ hates getting old(er)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Fuck- last show tonight. RIP Tension 2013. :/

Didn't seem that long ago regarding the February news about this tour.

<------------ hates getting old(er)

Some of us waited so many years for another tour , we got it, now its done til next year ( my fingers are double crossed for a Tension stage set up for a possible US tour next year).. Was an amazing show thats for sure.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    From the Edmonton review thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Powhatan View Post
    was it just me or did Trent say this night was the last for this show (the production, screens,etc)?
    Was he forgetting abt Calgary or what? Did i hear that wrong?
    Doesn't look like they got the screens in tonight, at least in photos I'm seeing:

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by packetslave View Post
    Folks on twitter are saying Calgary isn't getting the full arena show due to weight restrictions with the venue.

I'm guessing that means no three-screen effects a la Vegas? Kind of a bummer for it being the last show.

Edit: oops, I'm a moron for posting in a show thread I didn't attend. I know better, geez.
    I feel kinda bad... I had a friend who took a 17 hr drive from Winnipeg to Calgary just for this show...
    He's either gonna get a show so amazing that none of us got on this tour, or a washed down tension lite show with no lights, which I hope isn't the case.
    You need to see the show with it's full production to be honest.

Guess now we know what Trent meant from his comment about Edmonton being the last show we will see with the lighting setup. Had nothing to do with him forgetting he was to play Calgary the next night.

If it wasn't for my vacation ending last night and having to return to work today, I almost considered going to this show as well. Last show on the tour is always a fun one and they sometimes get some suprises. If that's the case... this show might have one hell of a setlist.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I was at Edmonton and Calgary tonight, it was indeed a stripped down show in Calgary, no screens at all, just the lights, but it was incredible, a very solid show.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Was there any official indication that Calgary, Las Vegas, New Orleans & Asheville would not have the full production like the other Tension dates?

Somehow I knew Las Vegas & Asheville would not have the full lights, but I don't recall if it was a second hand tweet from Rob Sheridan, a posting here, or something else.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Was there any official indication that Calgary, Las Vegas, New Orleans & Asheville would not have the full production like the other Tension dates?

Somehow I knew Las Vegas & Asheville would not have the full lights, but I don't recall if it was a second hand tweet from Rob Sheridan, a posting here, or something else.
    I believe Rob said via twitter that LV, NO and Asheville wouldn't have the full production, but don't remember seeing him tweet anything about it re: the Calgary show.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I believe Rob said via twitter that LV, NO and Asheville wouldn't have the full production, but don't remember seeing him tweet anything about it re: the Calgary show.
    I wonder when they found out Calgary wouldn't have it. Maybe they didnt know until late in the game. Vegas could be assumed something was different - since they booked a smaller venue and did 2 dates. That recent interview w Trent about the tour was saying how this was part of his answer for having to present a show in a stadium (which he doesnt really like doing). The Vegas venue was way smaller than a stadium.

And yes - the show is amazing - but - I saw 2 full productions then VEgas - and apart from the crowd - the Vegas show was fantastic. And thinking back to my first NIN experience - which was the first Lolapalooza (sp) tour - NIN was on during the day - NO production planned really other than he had bought a ton of keyboards so he could trash them about every show. But NIN was the unexpected highlight of the tour - blew everyone away - just getting up there, playing the hell out of those songs.
    We were all pretty thrilled to witness it - no stage production needed.
    Sure we get a little spoiled...but considering how many years later it is, their age now, all the other great shows that come about these days upping the "game" - NIN pulls off a fantastic show FULL of energy, light screens or no light screens.
    I just saw Depeche Mode in September at Staples - huge production - lots of money spent on production, lights and screens, etc etc, and I had been a huge fan way back in the day and can still listen to their new stuff with some interest - then I saw NIN at Staples a few weeks back. The shows were like night and day. The DM show left me feeling quite empty and that I had spent too much money (they were pricier than NIN tix BTW), and the NIN show left me feeling like I wished I could see every date on the tour.

Lights or no lights - I cant imagine seeing a NIN show and walking away disappointed.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Well lights or no lights at least you got a show, I can't believe NIN totally by-passed NoCal. I feel the Bay Area has always been supportive of NIN. Maybe there will be a second leg of the US tour, but not holding my breath. Didn't have the scratch this year to make it to Vegas or LA. That said thanks for all the fan videos.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well there was the festival show. I am thinking there will be another leg after going around the world. But who knows.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The San Fran festival probably contractually forbade them from playing within a certain radius for a certain time period. They also didn't play in Chicago or Philadelphia for the same reason.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    On the past two albums, didn't they do like a 2nd round of North American touring after the initial leg and then other parts of the world? Would it be a little safe (just a little) to assume that perhaps there would be another round of touring in Canada/USA around this time next year perhaps?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I recently made a 2 compilation mixes. One featuring every song recorded from the festival stream in the summer, soundboard audio of course. The second is a compilation from Tension 2013, featuring every song played on that tour, fan sourced audio courtesy of great tapers and reflecting in the chrome. If you would like to find those, along with other goodies like the Live EP, and some QOTSA stuff, check down by the bay and search NIN QOTSA live 2013. Cheers!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

HELL YES

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post

HELL YES
    I'm in this video and the face I make is mortifying.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Thinking about the professional recordings that captured Tension (Austin City Limits, Jimmy Kimmel, and Los Angeles) here's what should safely be captured from the standard setlist:

Copy of A / 1,000,000 / Terrible Lie / March of the Pigs / Piggy / All Time Low / Disappointed / Came Back Haunted / Find My Way / The Frail-The Wretched / Survivalism / Running / A Warm Place / Somewhat Damaged / Wish / The Hand That Feeds / Head Like A Hole / Even Deeper / While I'm Still Here (Black Noise) / Hurt

The new version of Sanctified was performed roughly 19 times on the tour (festivals excluded) and was recorded for ACL & LA. Thankfully, it was released on the VEVO footage so we'll have at least one version for posterity.

The Big Come Down was performed roughly 18 times and was recorded for both ACL & LA. Again, it was on the VEVO footage so this version will be a great compliment to the other live versions that have previously been released.

Various Methods of Escape was featured on Jimmy Kimmel Live and was performed roughly 17 times on the tour (including both ACL & LA). So, we'll at least have one version of this song, but I'm guessing we'll get one more release of this one between the ACL broadcast and the Tension home video.

Satellite was performed roughly 14 times on the tour (including both ACL & LA). I would be surprised if this track doesn't get included on the home video since the visuals were insane. Hopefully, both recordings will be released.

In Two was performed roughly 12 times on the tour (including LA) and was thankfully included with the VEVO footage. The song kicks so much ass, I'm quite relieved we've got this performance locked down for posterity.

In This Twilight was performed roughly 10 times on the tour (including both ACL & LA). Since it was Andrew's favorite song, I would be surprised if they don't include it on the broadcast or the home video.

I Would For You was only performed five times on the tour. Here's hoping it's included in the Austin City Limits broadcast.

If we luck out, then all of the Hesitation Marks songs that were performed on the tour will be released.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    If ACL is broadcast before the Tension Blu-ray comes out, what's the chance that the footage not shown in the special will be part of the "extras"? That's more of a hypothetical proposal than an actual question, but maybe someone here has an idea. I think that would be the most likely/best thing to do, or at the very least include the songs not played at the LA show (because surely the LA show will be included in full as the main feature of the Blu-ray, right?)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    If ACL is broadcast before the Tension Blu-ray comes out, what's the chance that the footage not shown in the special will be part of the "extras"? That's more of a hypothetical proposal than an actual question, but maybe someone here has an idea. I think that would be the most likely/best thing to do, or at the very least include the songs not played at the LA show (because surely the LA show will be included in full as the main feature of the Blu-ray, right?)
    I would say the likelihood is very low. ACL owns the rights to all the footage, and I don't think they generally loan it out for inclusion on other projects.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I would say the likelihood is very low. ACL owns the rights to all the footage, and I don't think they generally loan it out for inclusion on other projects.
    i don't know anything about it, but apparently REM released a DVD of their ACL concert. it looks like PBS releases DVDs, also, which i guess would make it less likely they'd give the DVD rights elsewhere. (EDIT: actually, those PBS DVDs look mostly like classic concerts from the 80s.)
    Last edited by m15a; 12-07-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    i don't know anything about it, but apparently REM released a DVD of their ACL concert. it looks like PBS releases DVDs, also, which i guess would make it less likely they'd give the DVD rights elsewhere. (EDIT: actually, those PBS DVDs look mostly like classic concerts from the 80s.)
    The REM DVD and the others were all released by ACL through the New West Records label, not by the artists or the artists' labels.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Not sure if this is already posted somewhere, or even where I should post it for that matter. But I found this site to be very informative about the Tension 2013 setup. Many good videos and good reads.

http://livedesignonline.com/nine-inc...ension-rigging
    http://livedesignonline.com/author/marian-sandberg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm still disappointed that Trent didn't play the saxophone himself on While I'm Still Here during Tension.