Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Zombie

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Rob Zombie

He's currently working on a new film, The Lords of Salem. Supposed to be his darkest work to date. Another film based off a song title, woopee!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I don't have much to say about his movies, as I've only seen Halloween, but when I saw him for the Hot As Hell show in Tulsa this summer, I had one HELL of a time. He's a really amazing performer - lots of fun, humor, fire, costumes, fire, big screens, great light show, and more fire. We managed to get within 5 feet of front row center, and we just gave up. It was outdoors, the heat was unbelievable, even at night, and security had stopped spraying the crowd with hoses (I presume to keep from damaging any equipment or spraying the band or anything). That was the second time I've ever had to leave the pit at a show, and it was easily one of my favorites. I'll be seeing him again next time he comes around.

We even drove next to what we later found out was his tour bus on the way there from Kansas. That was pretty cool.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I can't wait for Salem. Shouldn't take too long to have filming wrapped up.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    he needs to reform white zombie, or do alot more of that material, or i cant be bothered.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    he needs to reform white zombie, or do alot more of that material, or i cant be bothered.
    I'd also like that but that's long gone. Though if he's more in the tune of things like Hellbilly Deluxe II we have more delicious, satanic and fucked up shit to hear.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Rob Zombie

http://robzombie.com/2012/03/rob-zom...st-record-yet/

Rob Zombie on next album: ‘Definitely our best record yet’.

Rob Zombie has been speaking about the forthcoming new album he and his band will be working on from June this year. The as yet named album, will be the first studio album since Hellbilly Deluxe 2 annd will feature for the first time, the drumming of new band member Ginger Fish.
    “It has been way, and I mean way too long without any new music. I am dying to get back to it,” he said. “I have not felt this much excitement within the band since recording the first ‘Hellbilly Deluxe’ record almost 15 years ago. We have been working on tons of songs for quite some time and I can safely say this will definitely be our best record yet.”
    Production wil start on the album straight after the band finish a co-headlining tour with Megadeth, which will include appearances at Rock on the Range and Rocklahoma. Says Rob of working with Megadeth again; “This tour should be a blast. I haven’t shared a bill with MEGADETH since way back in the early days of WHITE ZOMBIE, so this trek is long overdue.”
    Zombie is currently in post-production on his next movie The Lords of Salem. “I am enjoying taking my time finishing this film. I hate rushing things at this stage of the process, so it is a luxury to take it slow and really fine-tune every part of the production,”

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I really liked Educated Horses, thought it a cool departure and new direction for RZ. But Hellbilly Deluxe 2 was largely a waste of time/same old same old.
    Dragula is a kick-ass song though, can't deny that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Best album yet, heh. He said that last time

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    The first solo album was the beginning of the end. Astro-Creep:2000 is altogether so well executed, and although there are a handful of decent tracks on Hellbilly Deluxe, in retrospect it was all downhill from there. I say this coming from the angle of a guy who didn't listen to them when they'd come out, but for some reason, decided to check them out a few months ago. I played the shit out of White Zombie's last album, nonsense lyrics and all, but I couldn't get into anything else he did after that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Someday I'll get someone to play the Rob Zombie drinking game... drink every time he yells "yeah!" in a song, plus a bonus keg stand for every shitty horror movie he's made.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Haha, I actually think his movies are a lot better than he gets credit for. Remember he got into it late. He's a pretty talented guy. House of 1000 Corpses and The Devils Rejects are both pretty awesome movies IMO. Halloweens are ok, but for remakes when you comp[are them to other horror remakes they're done quite well IMO

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    The first solo album was the beginning of the end. Astro-Creep:2000 is altogether so well executed, and although there are a handful of decent tracks on Hellbilly Deluxe, in retrospect it was all downhill from there. I say this coming from the angle of a guy who didn't listen to them when they'd come out, but for some reason, decided to check them out a few months ago. I played the shit out of White Zombie's last album, nonsense lyrics and all, but I couldn't get into anything else he did after that.
    You don't like The Sinister Urge? I love pretty much every track on that.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Also, I think this is as close to Rob's cock as I want to get

Rob Zombie's crotch in my face @ Sydney Soundwave Festival [Segment]

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Haha cool ad. Awesome Zombie crotch too.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    http://robzombie.com/2012/05/the-lor...-banks-center/

The Lords of Salem trailer will premiere on Friday at the PNC Bank Arts Center

You’ve been asking for it.
    You’ve been waiting it patiently (well ish).
    Now, you lucky Zombieheads who will be at the first Zombie/Megadeth show on Friday 11 May at the PNC Bank Arts Center are in for a real treat.
    The first trailer for his upcoming and eagerly awaited new film The Lords of Salem will be premiered at the kick-off show.
    The film finished post production a few weeks ago. It is Rob Zombie’s third independant film and his first since he directed Halloween 2.
    More coming soon! You can find out about the film by visiting The Lords of Salem Filmography page on this site HERE

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    who was it that said "more manson than manson" about his current lineup? lol

hellbilly was good but yep not quite as good as astro creep. he's had the odd track here and there since then. The track he did with charlie clouser & alice cooper is one of the best industrial rock songs ever, the 90s late night mtv vibe in a bottle

are there any WZ members in his band anymore? Why can't they just reform without him and just get some fat man to sing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Why can't they just reform without him and just get some fat man to sing
    Is that a serious question? That would be awful.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    who was it that said "more manson than manson" about his current lineup? lol

hellbilly was good but yep not quite as good as astro creep. he's had the odd track here and there since then. The track he did with charlie clouser & alice cooper is one of the best industrial rock songs ever, the 90s late night mtv vibe in a bottle

are there any WZ members in his band anymore? Why can't they just reform without him and just get some fat man to sing
    You mean hands of Death (Burn, Baby Burn) and it is fucking great. His song from the Private Parts soundtrack was good too (Great American Nightmare).

I love RZ and all of the albums but I still will and always will prefer White Zombie more.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    Is that a serious question? That would be awful.
    Why? I think he's got the vision & performance nailed but RZ's voice isn't especially unique. I'm not entirely serious about it being a fat man specifically, I was just being flippant to emphasise how not a big deal replacing him would be

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I really just wish John 5 would do the total balls out guitar record and have Rob Zombie sing on it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    but RZ's voice isn't especially unique
    I thought his voice is what made White Zombie.

EDIT: Yeah Yeah Yeah!!!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Moar talking about the new movie pls.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Neu interview about new album + film -

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Daaaaamn! RZ channeling his inner Kubrick

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/hot-...ords-of-salem/

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post

I know... this looks really good. I want to see this.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post

Been waiting for years for this.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    The "Lords of Salem" trailer looks awesome i think it's safe to say Rob has grown as a filmaker and i expect an evolution in his work, the only shitty thing it's the distribution! the fuckin movie is done and they are planning a spring release??? WTF???

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    did he reunite White Zombie yet, or announce a tour where that's the only material he'll do?

no?

oh ok. bye.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 10-11-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Any John 5 fans here? Which of his solo albums should I buy if I wanna get one? Probably best to start with one of the heavier ones i'm guessing and if I like I can get more?