Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: March to fuzz...the MUDHONEY thread!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

March to fuzz...the MUDHONEY thread!

Brand new album Digital Garbage is out 9/28.

Steve Turner ranks the band's ten albums:
    https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/articl...y-steve-turner

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Piece of Cake will always be my favorite. On the last day of high school I wore a My Brother The Cow t-shirt and this guy came up to me and said "On the last day of high school you're wearing a Mudhoney t-shirt." Also Mudhoney, London Garage 1995 was my second rock show (Filter was my first), I remember coming home drenched with sweat from moshing and washing it all off in the bath. Mudhoney were part of my musical awakening but I confess I haven't listened to them much since then over the years.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Piece of Cake will always be my favorite. On the last day of high school I wore a My Brother The Cow t-shirt and this guy came up to me and said "On the last day of high school you're wearing a Mudhoney t-shirt." Also Mudhoney, London Garage 1995 was my second rock show (Filter was my first), I remember coming home drenched with sweat from moshing and washing it all off in the bath. Mudhoney were part of my musical awakening but I confess I haven't listened to them much since then over the years.
    MBTC was a good album, and that album should have been bigger than it was, but by '95 grunge was already usurped by post-grunge and Mudhoney never really had it in them to write a cross-over hit single that would have legs. Awesome band though, they've released a solid body-of-work and done everything on their own terms. Awesome live, too.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 09-28-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New album Digital Chaos out today:

Sounds great.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Allmusic gives the new album a 4/5:

https://www.allmusic.com/album/digit...e-mw0003197949

I gave it a spin today--good disc.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This is not grabbing me as much as vanishing point did on first listens, I do like the lyrical content though it's not always well put together but the music seems like it's lacking a little punch, seems slightly lesser raw sound than VP (maybe it's the mp3, still waiting for my CD). Mark sounds so much like Iggy on the opening track, that's quite cool though.

and it sadly probably will beat whatever pearl jam releases next so in that regards it's great to see a grunge band alive and well.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New EP is out. All songs are on youtube.

Saw 'em last night in Boston and they rocked.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New interview with Mark Arm.

New tour.

New song from their upcoming album, Plastic Eternity:

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I gave Plastic Eternity a spin the other day. It's good, but I need to spend more time with it.

Every Mudhoney album ranked.

Pretty good ranking, although I would put Tomorrow Hit Today higher.