Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Coachella 2013

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Full live show. (Audio from SM Rollinger) but with some minor volume tweaks Plus artwork.

NOTE For some reason the track order wont stay, so when you put them in iTunes, just tag each track with its respective track number.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xb4u175d9gvb1b3/QHzg8wSKI6

or here is the master that @Ax Mr. L did, his cover is way better than my two
    http://db.tt/EctQuyu6

Blu ray art. @Ax Mr. Ldid the front part, it is the cd cover he did up converted and i did the spine and back enjoy.

UPDATED ART WITH PROPER TRACK TITLES
    Updated Artwork and Blu ray disc cover.
    http://postimg.org/image/ylls6cvr1/
    http://postimg.org/image/3soh21ry5/
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 04-13-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dariocotti View Post
    right now the show is still available for streaming here http://www.youtube.com/user/coachell...ru0&t=8h55m31s
    but I believe it won't be for long.
    aaaand now this is private

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Coachella 2013

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Really impressed with the show. I think some songs worked better than others (I thought Ice Age would be more interesting. How Long? was pretty much MADE for a live show though.), but overall I loved it, and I loved hearing new takes on songs I've grown to love.

I will say this: I would have much rather seen The Space In Between performed more like it was on the EP rather than Alessandro's remixed version. It's a great remix, and I'd love to hear a proper version, but it didn't quite work for me live. It wasn't bad by any means, but I think the original version would have translated better live.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 04-14-2013 at 03:14 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I wish they would have used the Soft Moon's remix of 'Ice Age' - they personally requested the multitracks/stems from their remix, right?

I also like their use of Cortini's remix of 'The Space in Between'. It packed a nice punch and gave the fans a bonus (though the original would have been great to hear live as well)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

I packed 2 subtitles and three versions of a chapter file to convert the TS file from RITC to MKV or something else
    htda2013-04-12.pro.webcast.0.720p.SubsAndChapters.zip
    This won't touch quality at all, but will produce a far more friendly file.

Quick instructions:
    -Download and launch freeware MKVmergeGUI from MKVtoolnix
    -Drag and drop subtitles and ts files in the source files aera
    -Add language option and/or forced on subtitles if needed
    -Chapters don't go on this tab or even in the chapter menu or chapter editor tab, don't go there
    -Open Global tab, go down to chapter file and pick any of the 3 chapter files provided
    -Start to mux !

Same thing is available for the closure downloadable on vimeo : Closure_chapters_and_subs.zip

Here's sources :
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><chapterInfo xml:lang="eng" version="3" xmlns="http://jvance.com/2008/ChapterGrabber">
      <title>How to destroy angels - Live Coachella 2013</title>
      <source>
        <name></name>
        <hash></hash>
        <fps>30</fps>
        <duration>00:00:00</duration>
      </source>
      <chapters>
        <chapter time="00:00:00" name="the wake-up" />
        <chapter time="00:01:55" name="keep it together" />
        <chapter time="00:06:19" name="parasite" />
        <chapter time="00:11:26" name="and the sky began to scream" />
        <chapter time="00:15:47" name="ice age" />
        <chapter time="00:22:30" name="the believers" />
        <chapter time="00:29:02" name="how long?" />
        <chapter time="00:33:06" name="welcome oblivion" />
        <chapter time="00:36:40" name="bbb" />
        <chapter time="00:40:36" name="between the spaces" />
        <chapter time="00:44:38" name="fur-lined" />
        <chapter time="00:48:47" name="the loop closes" />
        <chapter time="00:53:38" name="a drowning" />
      </chapters>
    </chapterInfo>
    Code:
    00:53:08,123 --> 00:53:08,637
    Thank you.

00:53:09,645 --> 00:53:11,179
    Thank you so much.

00:53:25,801 --> 00:53:29,684
    We had a great time,
    playing for you guys.

00:53:30,275 --> 00:53:33,083
    I hope you had
    as much fun as we had.

00:53:33,558 --> 00:53:36,577
    We've got one more for you.
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Could someone upload this video to Pirate Bay? It's difficult for me to download files that big directly on my current internet connection.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Coachella 2013

I thought someone had a full 1080p version they said they ripped.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Could someone upload this video to Pirate Bay? It's difficult for me to download files that big directly on my current internet connection.
    Much as I'd love to help, I can't really do that for just the opposite reason - we don't have an ISP that offers upload speeds above ONE Mbps, so starting a torrent is impossible. That said, I'm curious as to why a torrent would be better than a direct download if your download speed is an issue?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Much as I'd love to help, I can't really do that for just the opposite reason - we don't have an ISP that offers upload speeds above ONE Mbps, so starting a torrent is impossible. That said, I'm curious as to why a torrent would be better than a direct download if your download speed is an issue?
    It's not the speed, as much as it's the connection. I just moved into a place with a pretty bad DSL connection, which drops out frequently. So a direct download finishes part way, and then dies when the internet does too.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    It's not the speed, as much as it's the connection. I just moved into a place with a pretty bad DSL connection, which drops out frequently. So a direct download finishes part way, and then dies when the internet does too.
    but your browser should be smart enough to pick the DL back up once the connection resumes, no?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    but your browser should be smart enough to pick the DL back up once the connection resumes, no?
    Nope. It doesn't. Either way, torrents are still a more efficient way of downloading.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Last time I used FireFox, I used an add-on that let me resume files that got interrupted.

Chrome can do it by default but it's janky.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    if nobody else does it, I will make it happen. I am waiting to see if the 1080p version shows up. There are some glitches in this rip (at least VLC played it back that way). The .ts file kind of sucks too. I'd probably transcode it for ease of use.

I'm glad this showed up though. I didn't have enough time to get a rip. All my normal tools failed to copy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Trent drops an IFP (Improper Fuck Placement) in The Sky Begins to Scream
    "I will, tear it down, the fucking ground..."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I set my alarm for 3 am to watch from the east coast. I thought the show did a great job of visually representing what the band is. For me, there is a dichotomy between the musical and vocal aspects of the band's sound. Q's lovely, delicate vocals over the edgy electronics don't for me, create a pleasing juxtaposition. I enjoyed Q best with a shimmy and a screech. The dress brought to mind Florence Welch and the exuberance of her physical expression of the music. But it seems possible that the band might be going for a static physical tableau brought to life with lighting, similar to the Ghosts portion of LITS. Or maybe they were restrained by nerves. Or both.

I wish them success. I hope that the juxtaposition that doesn't work for me works for many, many others and that all the venues on their tour sell out. I hope that someday I get to see Q rock her ass off and sing her guts out, like TR does. But if that's not what they want to do, I'll understand. There's still NIN.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Im surprised to see so many NIN fans are going crazy for HTDA...Personally, as much as I love NIN and TR, HTDA does nothing for me. I get the feeling most people just get into this just for Trent, but you do realize TR is not the focal point of this band and is mostly in the background...its a watered down Massive Attack style band...wait 3 months and we will have NIN touring again and HTDA will be a distant memory

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypayton View Post
    Im surprised to see so many NIN fans are going crazy for HTDA...Personally, as much as I love NIN and TR, HTDA does nothing for me. I get the feeling most people just get into this just for Trent, but you do realize TR is not the focal point of this band and is mostly in the background...its a watered down Massive Attack style band...wait 3 months and we will have NIN touring again and HTDA will be a distant memory
    I'm pretty sure we realize Trent isn't the focal point, which invalidates your attempt at rationalizing why people like HTDA, so you lose.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Man it'd be hilarious if NIN's lineup was announced with Q on lead vocals just to watch the bitchy fangirls crying

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I'm pretty sure we realize Trent isn't the focal point, which invalidates your attempt at rationalizing why people like HTDA, so you lose.
    I know people who went to see them at Coachella and only went to see TR and were NIn fans and didn't even own the HTDA album...and they also said a lot of the crowd were just screaming for TR...so that validates my point

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Oh shit. You know people. That changes my whole perspective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Loved the show for the most part!

The Believers felt like a trainwreck timing wise to me (Which makes me sad as it's one of my favorite songs)
    I hope they iron that out any issues they may have been having.

Everything else was very nice though!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm not hearing the issue that everyone else is hearing with The Believers. There's a point near the beginning of the song where the timing was off, but it sounded fine to me after that.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm not hearing the issue that everyone else is hearing with The Believers. There's a point near the beginning of the song where the timing was off, but it sounded fine to me after that.
    The funny thing is that when I watch the stream, the issue doesn't happen, but when I'm just listening to it, the beat seems to shift for a while until I make myself hear it 'properly'. I guess it's just a case-by-case thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OMG I just watched, my eyes!
    That was fucking amazing, the lighting/production is just brilliant!
    BBB was my highlight and can I just say, Trent + Drumsticks = Awesome!

EDIT: Also The Believers was perfect i think, kinda fucked with my ears with the timing
    but in a good way, sounded sooo fucking funky, love this show!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The 1080p stream is up on RITC here.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypayton View Post
    I know people who went to see them at Coachella and only went to see TR and were NIn fans and didn't even own the HTDA album...and they also said a lot of the crowd were just screaming for TR...so that validates my point
    If one listens closely to the Coachella stream, you can actually faintly make out the screams of "Bring back the Fragility tour!".

Thanks for taking the time to track down these people that you know that "went to see them at Coachella and only went to see TR and were NIn fans and didn't even own the HTDA album" for their objective viewpoints.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    uh oh.. people curious of a side project featuring a famous artist go to gig by said side project! If they were true fans of the side project they would erase all memory of what came before and only shout for the guy at the back doing the visuals.

On a more serious note I ruddy enjoyed the livestream, I don't really feel they are a 'festival' band though and felt the older material was that much more direct, loved the remix of Space In Between..

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Could we have a separate thread for the haters? One which can be avoided by everyone else?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Absolutely love this! Was unsure of Mariqueen's vocals initially but once she warmed it in, both her and Trent sounded perfect. I look forward to seeing these guys live some day.