Page 421 of 527 FirstFirst ... 321 371 411 419 420 421 422 423 431 471 521 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,630 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    https://twitter.com/BBC6Music/status/1005153056198193152?s=20
    now i just want to hear her do an entire album of acoustic TOOL covers holy shit

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

NIN Spotting 2018

Oops... didn’t mean to post that. Move along...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Sunspots has the best synth line Trent Reznor has ever released.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Sunspots has the best synth line Trent Reznor has ever released.
    My 2nd favorite song ever

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I love MTV Classic, but lately, they've been playing the SAME videos every week for the past few months on 120 Minutes. They have like, 8 videos they play every week, and rotate the rest of the videos every few weeks. Head Like a Hole is a weekly video. It's a shame, because when MTV Classic relaunched, 120 Mins was awesome..different videos every week. was still discovering stuff I've never heard of before.
    I really like Total Request Playlist. Brings me back to being a stupid little kid. I didn't have any great music taste as a kid, no NIN or anything cool but the rap videos and stuff are great. I love me some old Cash Money Records! Still Fly could be the US National Anthem.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    So I got a response, but apparently I had emailed a specific store, not a corporate office. This is the response I got:

So not much information there, but he did say "honestly this will probably be printed, too". Not sure how much more value his assumption has over anybody else, but there's that. Has anyone tried contacting a corporate office?

I have a feeling they're going to have quite a shitshow on their hands if these start arriving with a machine printed signature on them.
    Update:

Sorry for the delayed response. I sent an email to our music department head office and received a reply today, and the details are as follows: Unsure of sizing, but assuming it will be the size of a CD case; it will be signed by both Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, and they are legitimate signatures, not printed.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! That's Awesome! (The signed cards...)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i was loading trucks at work today when the local hard cock radio station played "the hand that feeds". it made me smile and dance

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    i was loading trucks at work today when the local hard cock radio station played "the hand that feeds". it made me smile and dance

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    trust me its an awful station that plays almost nothing worth hearing, but today shortly after they played THTF, they played deftones and iron maiden. maybe there is hope after all.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    they played THTF, they played deftones and iron maiden. maybe there is hope after all.

THTF- followed by Deftones, then Maiden? Thats actually incredible IMHO. Probably a “Guinness Book of World Records for consecutive cool bands played on the radio in 2018”.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    it wasnt consecutive, but they were all played in the same 45 minutes or so. still, thats quite rare for a crappy rock station in the middle of illinois.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just re-watched the Broken Movie. Still has the power to shock. I love it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Everything is such a wonderful outlier of a track.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This is probably one of the worst/funniest bootleg shirts I've ever seen. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trent-Rezno...dKW2A26ARpNaIA

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    This is probably one of the worst/funniest bootleg shirts I've ever seen. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trent-Rezno...dKW2A26ARpNaIA
    I was wondering when The Joker was going to start his own fashion line.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Stupid spotify put the broken album and natural born killers album
    I want to create a new playlist with Last , Help me I'm in hell and burn

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    It looks great on Danny Lohner.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

I randomly decided to work on a cover of I Do Not Want This, more to just have fun trying to approximate the sounds and sharpen the analytical side of my music listening than to try to make something awesome.

I was listening to the instrumental, and christ, it's so beautiful. I don't know how excited and in awe I was as a kid with this music but I'm still amazed at the sound palette and how *musical* all the noise is. Trent, Sean B., Chris, Flood and any other musicians - I've never heard any popular music that is that noisy and yet masterfully tonal at time same time. The distorted, syncopated, almost subliminal rhythms being played out on what sounds like clipped synth toms and sub bass, the weird squelchy cutoff/resonant sounds, what sounds like the piano strings being played directly, the noise fading in and out perfectly, that weird synth that sounds like the "truck backing up" tone played three octaves each, the way the bass drum sound keeps being treated. It sounds like the black and white noise grain on the NTAE and BW cover looks, and like the TDS cover art at the same time.

Goddamn it, I love it. I'd kill to hear the stems somehow.
    Last edited by Pbgut; 06-16-2018 at 02:53 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I sometimes wonder if TR is going to switch it up from the very electronic sound of the last many years. Not that I want Fragile 2.0 or With Teeth 2.0. But an album that features a lot of live instruments.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I was wondering when The Joker was going to start his own fashion line.
    nah, it would need to say DAMAGED across trent's forehead

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    I sometimes wonder if TR is going to switch it up from the very electronic sound of the last many years. Not that I want Fragile 2.0 or With Teeth 2.0. But an album that features a lot of live instruments.
    i think NTAE sounded extremely organic/live, for the most part. add violence less so, but even the electronic elements of it felt more natural than a lot of the sounds on hesitation marks.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AThousandDaysBefore View Post
    Stupid spotify put the broken album and natural born killers album
    I want to create a new playlist with Last , Help me I'm in hell and burn
    So buy them and make it elsewhere?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I love NIN and I have all their albums. But with Hesitation Marks and The Slip, I think Trent was sacrificing quality for quantity.
    Last edited by Boots; 06-16-2018 at 10:26 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    But with Hesitation Marks and The Slip, I think Trent was sacrificing quality for quantity.
    Wait, are we talking about Trent or Kanye West?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    now i just want to hear her do an entire album of acoustic TOOL covers holy shit
    I don't even really *like* Tool that much but I would pay cold hard cash for her to do such an album.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I still love watching the 'Starsuckers, Inc'. music video.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I think I've finally come to the conclusion that I prefer the original mix of Pretty Hate Machine over the 2010 remaster, which is weird, as I've preferred all of the other remasters over the originals.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I think I've finally come to the conclusion that I prefer the original mix of Pretty Hate Machine over the 2010 remaster, which is weird, as I've preferred all of the other remasters over the originals.
    Take away my Midnight Express sample and flatten Terrible Lie? Despite SICNH being far superior on the remaster, as a whole the original is better. But I do wish the original would get the 2-LP reissue just for the acoustic improvement

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    It saddens me that there have been three Bad Witch discussion threads, and every one of them had to be closed due to asinine trolling and general toxicity.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    People will disagree and argue about subjective things, especially if they hold them dear. Nothing new. Absolutely pointless closing any thread for that, except of course when it devolves into "i fuck ur mom bitchhhhhhh" comments or general harassing. Which did not happen.