Page 395 of 528 FirstFirst ... 295 345 385 393 394 395 396 397 405 445 495 ... LastLast
Results 11,821 to 11,850 of 15827

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post
    Will there ever be a proper release of now i`m nothing??
    I want it soooo much.
    Trent said there's no studio recording for it, so unless he records a new version (which is doubtful), I don't think you'll see a release.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Which album(s) as a Deviation would be a very interesting listen? I think Pretty Hate Machine would be very interesting and different to listen to and think of how he got all the sounds fit and some demos/unreleased takes that wouldn't fit the album at the time. And then The Slip because since it was recorded in such a small period of time I wonder what the early versions sounded like and if there was any songs/short takes that didn't exactly sound right to him. What do you guys think?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    the slip would be a great deviations 2. also, year zero is a must!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    The Downward Spiral is the perfect record for the holiday season.
    I absolutely agree. However, I've also had The Fragile, and more recently, Ghosts I-IV in mind for the holiday season much more as of late.

The Downward Spiral and Pretty Hate Machine (It also kind of goes with the cool/cold for me.) also seem to go very well with summer too, but that's just me. Maybe it's also partly to do with the album cover (Then again, with covers one could go on and on with random visual associations/parallels.), but Broken is also a very summer release for me as well.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-06-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    I absolutely agree. However, I've also had The Fragile, and more recently, Ghosts I-IV in mind for the holiday season much more as of late.

The Downward Spiral and Pretty Hate Machine (It also kind of goes with the cool/cold for me.) also seem to go very well with summer too, but that's just me. Maybe it's also partly to do with the album cover (Then again, with covers one could go on and on with random visual associations/parallels.), but Broken is also a very summer release for me as well.
    I like that people are associating albums with seasons, I have felt like NTAE has a Fall/Winter feel.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Trent said there's no studio recording for it, so unless he records a new version (which is doubtful), I don't think you'll see a release.
    agreed but we can dream. it's christmas after all.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    The Downward Spiral is the perfect record for the holiday season.
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    It's funny because i have always thought the same thing...

TDS was a christmas present for me back in the 90's and i remember listening to it during Xmas, i've always linked this album to holiday season...
    I got TDS for Christmas back in 1997. Holy shit, that was 20 years ago! Damn, I feel old now.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Within the week it's usually posted on their website/podcast feed. Not in lossless though, that remains Tidal exclusive.
    Someone ripped it and put it on Reddit, so I listened to that. Now neither Tidal or Apple get my listen. I guess that's what early exclusives get you...

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

I listened to it from the link nin posted on twitter and facebook. There’s a mp3 there.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I got TDS for Christmas back in 1997. Holy shit, that was 20 years ago! Damn, I feel old now.
    I heard that! getting old isn't for the meek.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I got it for Xmas with a "NOW: That's what i call music" comp (yeah, you can laugh...) back in 1995, it was my first NIN album ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I remember getting Broken for Christmas in '92 and listening to it on repeat for hours at my grandparents house. That is my winter / holiday "album." Every time I listen to it that is what I remember. Now I feel old. Thanks.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i often accidentally misread "Broken" as "Borken" and imagine the swedish chef singing "wish" and then crack up. i feel like someone must have photoshopped the swedish chef into a still one of the videos from broken by now.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Someone ripped it and put it on Reddit, so I listened to that. Now neither Tidal or Apple get my listen. I guess that's what early exclusives get you...
    You could also have waited exactly one more day and had a higher-quality free stream direct from the artists, but okay, rage against that machine.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i often accidentally misread "Broken" as "Borken" and imagine the swedish chef singing "wish" and then crack up. i feel like someone must have photoshopped the swedish chef into a still one of the videos from broken by now.

Well, it's happened now.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    For some reason The Muppets and NIN get along just fine:

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    For some reason The Muppets and NIN get along just fine:

Always liked this one more...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I didn't realize until today that Fixed was released so soon after Broken. I always assumed it was released in 1993.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Am I just hearing shit? In Just Like You Imagined, after the piano solo, I swear it sounds like the keys on the piano are being destroyed throughout the song after.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Nah, that's just .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wonder if there will be a "Ghosts V-VIII" in the future, Id love to get my hands on that even if it wont be out for free lol ..What do you all think?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scribnation View Post
    I wonder if there will be a "Ghosts V-VIII" in the future, Id love to get my hands on that even if it wont be out for free lol ..What do you all think?
    I've always assumed that even though parts of Ghosts have a distinctly NIN sound that hasn't really been explored on any of TR&AR's soundtrack work (the tracks with harder beats and harsh guitars), that the essential idea (freely structured instrumental music) has sort of been taken over and continued by their scores?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    I've always assumed that even though parts of Ghosts have a distinctly NIN sound that hasn't really been explored on any of TR&AR's soundtrack work (the tracks with harder beats and harsh guitars), that the essential idea (freely structured instrumental music) has sort of been taken over and continued by their scores?
    That might be the case, but who knows, a second collection of Ghosts would be very awesome and something worth to spend your money on imo

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The scores have more than scratched my itch for giant collections of instrumental TR/AR music and Deviations added even more to the pile for me. I feel like Social Network and Gone Girl both show how their instrumental work is almost better when it has specific imagery to tie itself to. There’s a palpable tone and a texture to the Dragon Tattoo score that Ghosts doesn’t have. I’ll take more in line with what they’re doing in the EPs over 2 more hours of Ghosts any day (but I really hope some Ghosts tracks come back live; there’s no way they can’t fit one or two into the setlists).

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

So that final ep should be getting close, right? Maybe January?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    So that final ep should be getting close, right? Maybe January?
    Maybe. Maybe February. Maybe March. He said 6-8 months. 6 months = January, 8 months = March.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Febtober! #contrarianism

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    i think "the fragile" is my favorite NIN record. which is to say 1 of my favorite records ever. maybe it could've used a little editing but what would you leave off? i probably could live without "starfuckers inc" but that song served its purpose. "ghosts" & "downward spiral" are close. "fragile" for me is kind of best of all worlds. just my ever so humble opinion...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Febtober! #contrarianism

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    I'd say that Vietnam War soundtrack is pretty heavy and they use a bunch of Ghosts in it as well... so maybe just the right project hadn't come along to use that temperament.