Page 398 of 528 FirstFirst ... 298 348 388 396 397 398 399 400 408 448 498 ... LastLast
Results 11,911 to 11,940 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    "The Great Below" is one of the best songs ever written.
    Such a beautiful song. It's one of those songs that I think becomes a gem for a new nin listener when they come across it and study it. I was revisiting Radiohead's Hail to the Thief last night and I couldn't get over how great A Wolf at the Door is, which is the last song on that album. It reminded me of the kind of feeling I get when i listen to The Great Below in the sense of mastery and beauty - not so much the context or meaning of what the song could mean. It made me think that it was moments like that, which make listening to music so magical.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I was the one who made that comparison. And now, looking back, I thinks it's rather unfair comparison. Bowie had 22 albums of music released before Outside tour and dozens of songs never played live of not played for 15 or 20 years. Nine Inch Nails are nowhere near to these numbers.
    I dunno. Some PHE-era songs haven't been performed since the tour meant to promote them. Be cool to bring them back in the vein of 2013 "Sanctified".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    I dunno. Some PHE-era songs haven't been performed since the tour meant to promote them. Be cool to bring them back in the vein of 2013 "Sanctified".
    I really , really need to hear the only time live!!! I also love kinda I want to and that's what I get. I feel lucky that I have seen half of the album live but still have not gotten down in it yet either. Wait who am I kidding I would love ring finger too, I love PHM
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 12-31-2017 at 11:09 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Watching Die Hard right now, haven't seen it since mid 00s. I had a WTF+laughter moment when the security guard/desk clerk gets killed, they used his yelp in the opening to Black History Month on Niggy Tartdust.

Conveniently, the scene shows up first in this compilation video:

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Watching Die Hard right now, haven't seen it since mid 00s. I had a WTF+laughter moment when the security guard/desk clerk gets killed, they used his yelp in the opening to Black History Month on Niggy Tartdust.

Conveniently, the scene shows up first in this compilation video:
    That's amazing!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    NIN is the perfect band for these times. Possible end of days....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails have put themselves back on the radar, in a way. During halloween a Belgian television station used The Perfect Drug for a horror movie trailer compilation. And yesterday i was randomly watching a German television station and there they were using music from the new Nine Inch Nails albums for some compilation video's.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I absolutely love “Suck,” but I wish Trent had written it later in his career. The track is wonderful, but there’s so much more that can be done to it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Background World going straight into Burning Bright sounds fucking amazing. All of that static going straight into the heaviness of Burning Bright

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I absolutely love “Suck,” but I wish Trent had written it later in his career. The track is wonderful, but there’s so much more that can be done to it.
    Like what? The nin version is a sonic master piece. I can’t imagine it being different. Headphones and that song are the best.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Like what? The nin version is a sonic master piece. I can’t imagine it being different. Headphones and that song are the best.
    it's vastly improved compared to the original version (which is fairly boring, honestly). suck is one of my fav songs trent ever had a hand in writing and the NIN version is fucking phenomenal. the live iteration on AATCHB is particularly fetching.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Oh, but the brilliance of it all is that he made good on it later in his career,

“…I want to do terrible things to you”

Nearly 25 years later it lands when he ships fans an EP packaged with soot that gets everywhere when opening. Followed by another EP that has fans ripping their dicks off in rage because of distribution issues. Trent, in it for the long game.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    So it looks like Jimmy Iovine is leaving Apple. Since he was the one that brought Trent on board for Apple Music, I wonder if Trent will be leaving as well.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    So it looks like Jimmy Iovine is leaving Apple. Since he was the one that brought Trent on board for Apple Music, I wonder if Trent will be leaving as well.
    Iovine's stock is about to become actually usable and that's why he's jumping. I doubt there's any connection, Iovine didn't really have a job at Apple beyond being the "industry guy".

Also, dude's in his mid 60s, maybe he just wants to retire with Atticus' sister. Who he's married to

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Are we sure TR hasn’t already left?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I really like this new Justin Timberlake single, Filthy. I’m reading comments on twitter that it reminds them of Closer

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I’m reading comments on twitter that it reminds them of Closer
    I think the only comparison to make is that Mark Romanek directed both music videos.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    y'all remember Mark Onofrio?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    The comparison to Closer is ludicrous. Lyrics are shockingly bad. I have no idea what the song is even about, and that's after looking up the lyrics (some arrogant loser trying to seduce?). The chorus melody seems ripped from a '90s boy band. The only good thing I can say about it is that it has a beat, but that's it. Without the Very Expensive video, it would be nothing. Shit wrapped in silver foil.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It's funny how some of "the hits" have taken on a sense of relevancy (and potency) again in light of current events. Head Like A Hole came on while I had my music on shuffle, and it suddenly felt as fresh as it probably did when it first came out. I was feeling every beat and every word as if it was the first time I had heard it. A very bizarre but great experience.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    TIL that NIN have played a show in Tommy Wiseau's birthplace.

Oh, and @ninlive ? The correct town name is "Poznan", please fix it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    TIL that NIN have played a show in Tommy Wiseau's birthplace.

tommy wiseau is polish??? that really doesn't explain his accent at all...

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Typo. and fixed.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Still is so amazing. I never burn out on it, never play it too frequently and every time I revisit it I come away with a stronger appreciation for what they did on it. Usually "band does a bonus disc for something" amounts to a couple of interesting obscurities and nothing more, and then Trent goes and releases what's basically another album with versions of old songs so different that they feel totally new, and it's relegated to a special edition of a CD version of a DVD. It's amazing. I'm really looking forward to when we get the vinyl version of it in 2058.

Also, Trent's vocal delivery on And All That Could Have Been is one of his best studio performances ever. Those lyrics could feel cheesy or melodramatic so easily but he nails it and makes it feel so genuine and raw. The live versions of Something I Can Never Have and The Becoming on it are also all-time bests. For an album that's half instrumental it's got potentially the best vocals the man's ever delivered.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    One of my bosses is Polish and I hear little Wiseau twangs in his accent all the time!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Almost managed to lose my brand new Deviations vinyl at ASDA today. My mind must have been elsewhere when I put it down while packing my groceries at the self-checkout lane and I just fucking went home without it. Luckily the store is just about a ten minute walk from my place (less than three if you're running for all you are worth), and they had it safe and sound at costumer service. Since it still had the price tag on I had to endure some looks and obvious wisdom about £62 being a lot of money to lose like this, but by then I was smiling to myself thinking of the Sandbag/Firebrand threads. They have no idea.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    And Slash is British but sounds nothing like it. Accents can be weird...but it does change if you live in a place for a long enough time

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Was just listening to 32 Ghosts IV. Jesus Christ, that bass in the final 1:30 is fucking phenomenal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    I said this before and I'll say it again:

I'm disappointed that he didn't bring up the harsh distorted ending of the song, where those power chords come in out of nowhere and proceed to linger on for a minute and a half.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Still is so amazing. I never burn out on it, never play it too frequently and every time I revisit it I come away with a stronger appreciation for what they did on it. Usually "band does a bonus disc for something" amounts to a couple of interesting obscurities and nothing more, and then Trent goes and releases what's basically another album with versions of old songs so different that they feel totally new, and it's relegated to a special edition of a CD version of a DVD. It's amazing. I'm really looking forward to when we get the vinyl version of it in 2058.

Also, Trent's vocal delivery on And All That Could Have Been is one of his best studio performances ever. Those lyrics could feel cheesy or melodramatic so easily but he nails it and makes it feel so genuine and raw. The live versions of Something I Can Never Have and The Becoming on it are also all-time bests. For an album that's half instrumental it's got potentially the best vocals the man's ever delivered.
    Leaving Hope is definitely one of the best closing songs as well. I'll never forget how that song first made me feel