Page 6 of 528 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 506 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Deep is the most underrated song in NIN's entire back catalogue. I actually think its one of NIN's top 5 song EVER. I never understood why people disliked it when it first came out back in 2001.
    Prehaps maybe it was the Tomb Raider association? Or was it the video? I think the video is one of NIN'S best too!!! WTF? Its very eye-catching and colorful . I love the concept, video is about color. Green, Orange, Yellow! Its very camp, which is what i dont think people got. Its in your face. Big car crash, bank robbery, cheezy t.v reporter. Trent does not seem like he is taking himself too seriously. His acting is terrible, but its fun, i also really liked the female actress in the video too. *If it had had a tiny bit more cash injected into it, it would be other than Closer NIN best video.

But the song on the otherhand is fucking brilliant, its a pop song, plain and simple, its like if NIN went pop. Its the perfect way to introduce people to NIN. The beat is tremendous. I love the chorus, its dark, sexy and its just fun. Bit of light relief after the Fragile. But the best part of the song without a doubt one of the best 'moments' in NINs history is that guitar breakdown at 2.20 and that wah wah wahing metallic guitar which slashes through the beat. Phenomenal. Exhilarating and the video got it perfect.

Just dont understand how this song could be seen as below NINs expectations? Its brilliant and nothing ( Maybe Sunspots) on the more commercially accessible With Teeth came close to it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ^ Yeah I always liked Deep. I remember on the old ETS there was a thread about it and the general opinion was that it was a good track. If it was on The Fragile I would have been okay with it replacing The Wretched, or Starfuckers. Same for Love is Not Enough on With Teeth.

Anywho, I spent tonight watching And All That Could Have Been, Beside You in Time, & AVOTT (the Gift) dvd's in order, back to back. Now all I can think about is when the hell will they release all that stuff they're sitting on! It's gonna be amazing.
    Last edited by The Reason Being; 01-29-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    "Deep" is an okay song but its production didn't quite hit the sweet spot, like a few good motifs that were wrung out to the point of monotony. The live versions sounded great!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I saw NIN do Deep live for the first time at the House of Blues in AC. It was so unexpected, and kicked so much ass. Everyone had so much fun during that song. For me, hearing Deep & Home for the first time live that night were the highlights of an overall really badass show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anybody know how TR met/became friends with Trent Vanegas? TV seems like a cool enough guy, but not exactly the type you'd expect TR to warm up to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wife had a baby today, so sleepless night. Just laying here chilling and...

The Theme from Tetsuo the Bullet Man may be my favourite thing Trent has done in 5 years.

No idea what the general opinion of the track is but it's just so dramatic. Stirs something inside. Loved it before I saw the movie. (While I didn't like the film the piece is a brilliant fit).

So... Yeah.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpuppet View Post
    Anybody know how TR met/became friends with Trent Vanegas? TV seems like a cool enough guy, but not exactly the type you'd expect TR to warm up to.
    At the movies.

http://trent.blogspot.com/2008/01/trent-2.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if those fragments of hard drive posted in NIN Spotting are really cool or really creepy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonedwarf View Post
    Wife had a baby today, so sleepless night. Just laying here chilling and...

The Theme from Tetsuo the Bullet Man may be my favourite thing Trent has done in 5 years.

No idea what the general opinion of the track is but it's just so dramatic. Stirs something inside. Loved it before I saw the movie. (While I didn't like the film the piece is a brilliant fit).

So... Yeah.
    Congrats! Go play your baby some NIN.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    has trent ever commented on the demos on the deluxe TDS? Especially in the case of Liar/Reptile its almost EXACTLY the same as the final studio version. Wonder how many more exist..

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just rediscovered the NIN vs Bauhuas sessions, knows as "Where Darkness Doubles,Light Pours In."

TR + PM = jawsome

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    So...I hear there's some old music-to-purchase and people-to-work-with-as-Tapeworm lists floating around out there.

I don't really care about anyone's opinions about how they were procured.

I'm a music geek and a NIN fan

This information would be FASCINATING and likely point me in some very intriguing directions for my next musical purchases, not to mention the inherent fun of "What If...?" games.

PM, plz?

:)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonedwarf View Post
    In an annoying position. Working on something NIN related right now. Not seen it done before. Don't want to do it if it has. Don't want to say what in case it hasn't as it'll give it away what I'm doing...

ARGHH!
    nah someone already made the penis cosy

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    So...I hear there's some old music-to-purchase and people-to-work-with-as-Tapeworm lists floating around out there.

I don't really care about anyone's opinions about how they were procured.

I'm a music geek and a NIN fan

This information would be FASCINATING and likely point me in some very intriguing directions for my next musical purchases, not to mention the inherent fun of "What If...?" games.

PM, plz?

This subject has been addressed, debated and talked to death in the other thread. That thread was locked for a reason. Anyone else asking for the information that was posted will be warned and hit with flood control, no questions asked. I hope that this message is clear enough for everyone to understand.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I think it'd be cool if Trent posted more literature that inspired his music, as he did in the YZ ARG.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    This subject has been addressed, debated and talked to death in the other thread. That thread was locked for a reason. Anyone else asking for the information that was posted will be warned and hit with flood control, no questions asked. I hope that this message is clear enough for everyone to understand.

wow serios bizness apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Observing what other acts like Madonna and Van Halen subject their fans to makes me really miss TR. Charging astronomical prices for tickets and ignoring scalpers insures only a privileged few get to attend shows and disappointment for the rest.

NOT ENOUGH FAP
    Last edited by Incendiary Lover; 11-30-2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Va te faire mettre

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's so nice to see these two sharing some Belong. I love these records and its nice to know they're fans!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    does anybody have those quicktime VRs of the studio from the fragile days? I can't find them online.

Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    did they ever release further download details about the slip? i remember it hit the million mark but that was about three years ago now..

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    did they ever release further download details about the slip? i remember it hit the million mark but that was about three years ago now..
    last time I asked Rob, he said they didn't have up to date data, so I imagine it's available, but not easily enough for them to care for a free album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just a point. It's so fucking cool that TR/NIN makes the most trippiest amazing thoughtful music ever to me. And it seems like he does it for the fans. Is'nt it great!! It is, that's why we're here and why he does it

prolly shoulda put that in the drunk tank but it's true
    Last edited by nimh; 02-08-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: why not

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Anyone know what Robin Finck has been up to since NIN tour ended?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Haaaah, ok so how late am i to find this? If you press the "dvd" button for the Closure video on the nin website: http://www.nin.com/albums/ It redirects to a torrent!

Made me smile.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I used to have a The Downward Spiral bootleg shirt in my first or second year of high school. It was printed on a low quality shirt and I wore the shit out of it. (I still have it).

But recently I found it again, same model, but printed on a heavy Fruit of The Loom shirt:
    http://www.bestial.ro/magazin-2-tric...tr_fr_169.html

Just ordered it.
    Btw, for those wondering, it was $10.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    Haaaah, ok so how late am i to find this? If you press the "dvd" button for the Closure video on the nin website: http://www.nin.com/albums/ It redirects to a torrent!

Made me smile.
    you're about 8 years late by now, but it's good you found it anyway

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    arrr the guy is angry for Finck's fanblog using his image
    http://gtvone.com/2012/02/13/copyright-web-anymore/

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Oh no, someone gave him free exposure for an image that is publicly available on the internet, and made it easy for him to remove it if he so wishes! THE BASTARDS.

But yeah, Tumblr is a "haven" for copyright infringement in so far as people post a lot of stuff on it. The fact that most people wouldn't credit or link to source, and that some would actually remove the watermark, kinda says this guy has no idea what going on.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acidpolly View Post
    arrr the guy is angry for Finck's fanblog using his image
    http://gtvone.com/2012/02/13/copyright-web-anymore/
    Well thanks to this I just discovered fincktheworld.com and browsed it for a while... now go here and scroll down to a question submitted by MasterShake