Page 420 of 528 FirstFirst ... 320 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 430 470 520 ... LastLast
Results 12,571 to 12,600 of 15827

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Holy shit Josh Freese

Holy shit those quality recordings

Going directly into my Slip folder with the rehearsals

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rob's got some damn good taste in comic books.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I wonder what ever happened to the girl from "The Perfect Drug" video.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post

Holy shit Josh Freese

Holy shit those quality recordings

Going directly into my Slip folder with the rehearsals
    Rubin is cool, but I do miss Josh Freese. Definitely one of NIN's top live drummers.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    For me, Josh was the band's best drummer. That first NIN show I went to in the summer of '06 was still incredible. The way he hit those drums. It sounded like a fucking hammer and I felt it inside right into my heart. It was a great feeling.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I’m listening to NIN on shuffle at the gym right now, and “Lights in the Sky” transitions rather nicely into “In Two.”

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Well they are out of stock now, so if you just ordered it today, they may have already run out. My order from yesterday says Confirmed, so I don't think they're just canceling everybody's. Looks like you can still order the vinyl with postcard though if you want that: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/What...-vinyl/638548/

Thank you for pointing that out. I was offline all day yesterday, and by the time I heard about it this morning the CD with signed postcard was sold out. I figured that meant they ran out of postcards, and didn't even check the vinyl (plus, I was really ordering it for the postcard, so I didn't want to pay $50... but I did anyway because I'll never get anything signed in person and that's way cheaper than any autographs on eBay).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I went to the store because I realized the 20% coupon is expiring soon. When I got to the part where you pay for shipping, I was shocked to see that it was so expensive. I don't need anything shipped to me for almost $25.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I went to the store because I realized the 20% coupon is expiring soon. When I got to the part where you pay for shipping, I was shocked to see that it was so expensive. I don't need anything shipped to me for almost $25.
    I was coming to post about my code, too! It would've expired yesterday, but I was curious - honestly probably gonna use it on that huge Bad Witch bundle. I'd wait for the next set of remasters and whatnot, but I don't wanna test my luck too hard and actually have it expire before then.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm like one of 5 people who actually watch MTV Classic. I walked into my room tonight with some Pizza and Head Like a Hole was on. Pretty cool. Got a screencap from Xfinity Stream for unncessary proof.

Last edited by nooneimportant; 06-08-2018 at 12:17 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I'm like one of 5 people who actually watch MTV Classic. I walked into my room tonight with some Pizza and Head Like a Hole was on. Pretty cool. Got a screencap from Xfinity Stream for unncessary proof.

I love MTV Classic, but lately, they've been playing the SAME videos every week for the past few months on 120 Minutes. They have like, 8 videos they play every week, and rotate the rest of the videos every few weeks. Head Like a Hole is a weekly video. It's a shame, because when MTV Classic relaunched, 120 Mins was awesome..different videos every week. was still discovering stuff I've never heard of before.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I wonder what ever happened to the girl from "The Perfect Drug" video.
    the kid? i always thought that was a boy with long hair (and i was super jealous of that look). not that gender really matters.

anyway, yeah. like, did they become a professional actor or was that a one-off performance in a music video?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    as i was having another MRI this morning, i was struck by some of the sounds coming out of the machine. they would be right at home as a component of NIN song. i've had this thought before. lot of people hate those sounds but i found them very interesting.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    as i was having another MRI this morning, i was struck by some of the sounds coming out of the machine. they would be right at home as a component of NIN song. i've had this thought before. lot of people hate those sounds but i found them very interesting.
    i've heard multiple stories (including my own from when i went in to get an MRI) of techs warning people about the noise and then saying, "oh, you'll be fine, then" after being informed that the patient was a NIN fan.

edit: jeez that was barely a sentence. i blame it on the fever i've been running all day.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 06-08-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the kid? i always thought that was a boy with long hair (and i was super jealous of that look). not that gender really matters.

anyway, yeah. like, did they become a professional actor or was that a one-off performance in a music video?
    Well, yeah... She certainly had an androgynous look and for years I was unsure, but if you watch the behind the scenes of TPD stuff in the Closure bonus footage, you can hear her talking and I'd definitely say it's a girl's voice.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Well, yeah... She certainly had an androgynous look and for years I was unsure, but if you watch the behind the scenes of TPD stuff in the Closure bonus footage, you can hear her talking and I'd definitely say it's a girl's voice.
    i think i always assumed the kid was meant to be young trent.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    MRI is no big deal for me. As I said, I kind of like the sounds. No blood & no pain except what you went in with. There are far worse things to deal with the doctors & insurance. The MRI results are the nerve wracking part!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i've heard multiple stories (including my own from when i went in to get an MRI) of techs warning people about the noise and then saying, "oh, you'll be fine, then" after being informed that the patient was a NIN fan.

edit: jeez that was barely a sentence. i blame it on the fever i've been running all day.

I've always enjoyed the rhythmic noises of getting an MRI, makes sense.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I love MTV Classic, but lately, they've been playing the SAME videos every week for the past few months on 120 Minutes. They have like, 8 videos they play every week, and rotate the rest of the videos every few weeks. Head Like a Hole is a weekly video. It's a shame, because when MTV Classic relaunched, 120 Mins was awesome..different videos every week. was still discovering stuff I've never heard of before.
    So, in other words, nothing has changed some 25-30 years later!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I imagine a lot of it has to do with licensing. Back in the day, bands would beg MTV to play their videos, but now that you can look up almost any video you want online, there's no longer the need to do that. Now it's a matter of MTV begging and paying for the videos.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    My god can she get any more amazing

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Are you sure?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    My god can she get any more amazing
    No offense but why does this make her so amazing? If some fan posted this no one would give a shit. Celebrity ass kissing much?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    MASSEDUCTION was my favorite album of 2017 so.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    MASSEDUCTION was my favorite album of 2017 so.
    Arguably mine as well. The live show was excellent.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    ...Cody recites lyrics to "Hurt"...
    Nitpicking... “Crown of THORNS”, so it might be more Cash related. Also, more TV friendly.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    No offense but why does this make her so amazing? If some fan posted this no one would give a shit. Celebrity ass kissing much?
    What’s your point?
    Everything she does is amazing. I predict she will collaborate with Trent in the near future.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Relevant!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Relevant!
    lolllll

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Relevant!
    haha. i was on to (or possilble on) something!