Page 430 of 528 FirstFirst ... 330 380 420 428 429 430 431 432 440 480 ... LastLast
Results 12,871 to 12,900 of 15827

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    There's been a lot of cameras on stage, maybe Tension 2018

I've just been assuming the cameras on stage were for the screens, that's what seemed to be fed to the screens in Vegas at least.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

This interview really reminds me of the things Trent's saying on Ahead Of Ourselves.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I've just been assuming the cameras on stage were for the screens, that's what seemed to be fed to the screens in Vegas at least.
    Both London dates used cameras, we had no screens

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Royal Festival Hall. Wel I saw a TV screen in the café first Floor before the gig with live action and the NIN stage on it. I don’t know what was on that TV screen during the gig.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ahead Of Ourselves has got to be the most negative NIN song in forever...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Man. My excitement for Nine Inch Nails is at an all time high once again ... hasn't been this way since 2013 I'd say and a lot of that has to do with the fact that I'm going to be seeing them again this fall. I'm listening to old bootlegs of shows I've gone to, revisiting episodes of the awesome Underneath it All podcast, looking up old setlists of shows that an 18 year old me in 2006 could've gone to if he was a better driver and had money along with a GPS ... I'm just really getting monomanic about the band once again! Does that happen to anyone else ...? Where you just get into little spurts of obsession?

I REALLY hope that along with my Nashville show in September that I can make one of the Chicago shows in October. My work schedule will probably only allow me to check out the Saturday show, but I'm going to make it my mission to make it somehow. I always regret not going to more than just pne of my nearest or local shows within a tour cycle and hopefully this year I can make (at the most) two shows.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I'm just really getting monomanic about the band once again! Does that happen to anyone else ...? Where you just get into little spurts of obsession?
    Yep, and not just with NIN

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Yep, and not just with NIN
    Yeah, I do that with a lot of things actually. Whether it's other pop culture stuff I'm into or hobbies ... but lately I've been really going down the NIN rabbit hole again.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    This will file into random...A month ago I was totally stoked with the new album cycle/touring routine...The 0 pro shots that have come out of this Euro tour have kind of sucked the energy out of this touring/album cycle for me.....Back in 2013, there was a stream every other day, all the hardcores would gather on here and discuss the shows and setlists, and you felt like you were a part of the tour with a new show popping up every other day. Now with jack shit 0.0 streams, it feels like the band isnt even on tour. Oh I heard they played 'Somewhat Damaged' last night in Brussels. Let me go look at a shitty youtube cellphone video of it. Yawn....In other words, in 2018, when every band is getting streams on their tours, it is laughable that a band as big as NIN can do an entire summer Euro tour and not get 1 stream? If Noel or Liam Gallagher take a shit, it gets streamed. Some lame band like QOTSA had 3 streams in a row this past week...I have to assume at this point, Trent is pulling the plug on it, which makes no sense. Here's veering off into Eddie Vedder/Pearl Jam or Bono/U2 territory. Other bands that basically refuse to allow their shows to be streamed (yet they claim they are all about their fans)

In summary. This 2018 Euro tour can fuck off
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 07-10-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I don’t understand the lack of streams either, although wasn’t he wanting to make the shows on this cycle seem more ‘precious’. ? Tying into the physical world thing, making shows seem more personal because they aren’t streamed everywhere. Are you going to a show @helpmeiminhell ?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I don’t understand the lack of streams either, although wasn’t he wanting to make the shows on this cycle seem more ‘precious’. ? Tying into the physical world thing, making shows seem more personal because they aren’t streamed everywhere. Are you going to a show @helpmeiminhell ?
    I wasn't aware of that; it does seem like they're being more low key/less wasteful and bombastic this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    This will file into random...A month ago I was totally stoked with the new album cycle/touring routine...The 0 pro shots that have come out of this Euro tour have kind of sucked the energy out of this touring/album cycle for me.....

At least you get to comfort yourself with all those times you heart WITT live, unlike the Europeans.
    Last edited by icklekitty; 07-10-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    This will file into random...A month ago I was totally stoked with the new album cycle/touring routine...The 0 pro shots that have come out of this Euro tour have kind of sucked the energy out of this touring/album cycle for me.....Back in 2013, there was a stream every other day, all the hardcores would gather on here and discuss the shows and setlists, and you felt like you were a part of the tour with a new show popping up every other day. Now with jack shit 0.0 streams, it feels like the band isnt even on tour. Oh I heard they played 'Somewhat Damaged' last night in Brussels. Let me go look at a shitty youtube cellphone video of it. Yawn....In other words, in 2018, when every band is getting streams on their tours, it is laughable that a band as big as NIN can do an entire summer Euro tour and not get 1 stream? If Noel or Liam Gallagher take a shit, it gets streamed. Some lame band like QOTSA had 3 streams in a row this past week...I have to assume at this point, Trent is pulling the plug on it, which makes no sense. Here's veering off into Eddie Vedder/Pearl Jam or Bono/U2 territory. Other bands that basically refuse to allow their shows to be streamed (yet they claim they are all about their fans)

Hate to be harsh, but this honestly sounds like whiny entitlement, like you're OWED a pro-shot stream of a festival performance. I'd love to see a pro-shot performance too, but if it doesn't happen, fuck it. I'm not going to cry about it. There's been a lot of cool shows they've done that haven't been filmed over the years. We're not owed anything on that front. The streams are a nice bonus for us, not a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I don’t understand the lack of streams either, although wasn’t he wanting to make the shows on this cycle seem more ‘precious’. ? Tying into the physical world thing, making shows seem more personal because they aren’t streamed everywhere.
    That could be it. Also, the lack of production might factor into it. I saw a YouTube clip from one of the festivals that reminded me of their performance at Reading Festival back in 2013. The whole stage was shrouded in fog to the point where you couldn't see much of the band, which would go back to what Trent said about wanting to do shows like the ones The Cure used to do in the early 80s. Not much point in streaming if you can't see much.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    You guys remember those awesome tours from 2005 (which only had like 3 half-songs from Wercher), or 2007 (just a few from Reading), or 2009 (a few songs from Hurricane)? Well guess what, this year European tour is almost twice shorter than any of those.
    If you're not bothered to look at shitty cellphone video of Somewhat Damaged then maybe you should've get off your ass and book some flights and concert tickets, like a great many people here did.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post

That could be it. Also, the lack of production might factor into it. I saw a YouTube clip from one of the festivals that reminded me of their performance at Reading Festival back in 2013. The whole stage was shrouded in fog to the point where you couldn't see much of the band, which would go back to what Trent said about wanting to do shows like the ones The Cure used to do in the early 80s. Not much point in streaming if you can't see much.
    It's pretty similar to how he did the 2007 tour too (which I loved); I do recall not being able to see anything for the first half of the first song back then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "You give a mouse a cookie".

Just because NIN did some really cool, completely FREE stuff for their fans in the past doesn't mean they are guaranteed to continue doing it in the future, don't take things for granted.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frothy_ham View Post
    "You give a mouse a cookie".

Just because NIN did some really cool, completely FREE stuff for their fans in the past doesn't mean they are guaranteed to continue doing it in the future, don't take things for granted.
    This.

Also, the gig I went to nearly had the same set list as their performance at Panorama, and that’s readily available to watch. Go to the concerts if that’s not good enough.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Yeah, I do that with a lot of things actually. Whether it's other pop culture stuff I'm into or hobbies ... but lately I've been really going down the NIN rabbit hole again.
    I also had a similar thought in mind as well. It happens to me when a new album comes out, but being able to now listen to Not The Actual Events, Add Violence and Bad Witch in full is like getting reacquainted with Nine Inch Nails and falling in love with NIN all over again.

It also gives it a special feel/vibe, especially when considering how it was nicely wrapped up and ready to go just right before Pretty Hate Machine turns 30 years old.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    If you're not bothered to look at shitty cellphone video of Somewhat Damaged then maybe you should've get off your ass and book some flights and concert tickets, like a great many people here did.
    "great many people here did"....I would like to know how many NIN fans in America booked a plane to Europe to see the band. Of the millions of NIN fans, probably no more than 20 people did that

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    "great many people here did"....I would like to know how many NIN fans in America booked a plane to Europe to see the band. Of the millions of NIN fans, probably no more than 20 people did that
    I'm talking about Vegas as well. Plus, you know, that cold and black and infinite thing with physical sale and shit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I finally got this beast returned to me, although in moderately used condition now, I'm actually happy I don't have to print and laminate https://m.imgur.com/a/dw9NQaqanother one.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    I finally got this beast returned to me, although in moderately used condition now, I'm actually happy I don't have to print and laminate https://m.imgur.com/a/dw9NQaqanother one.
    I want to ask while it's on my mind, and without any real knowledge of the best printing options available for things like this - How would I go about printing off a good copy of that poster? And where the fuck can I find the file I need to do so? Because I'd completely forgotten about it until now, and I'd LOVE to have that hanging on my wall.

Open to anyone! I guess I'm just curious about the size, paper quality, etc. I'm not afraid to pay a little bit to have a good one printed, either. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Start your counts...

Physical World Sale, I got up at 2:30am and drove into Chicago from the suburbs. I was lined up by 3:30am, number 15ish behind the homeless guys buying for a scalper.

Met like 10 people who drove, flew, or rode a bus to get to Chicago for tickets, leave and plan on coming back in Oct. And none of those 10 people are on here (ets.)

Vegas, Flew from Chicago to LV for the Friday and Saturday show... Wish I had went earlier for the Wednesday show.

At Vegas, everyone I meet had came in town for the show... lets be reasonable here and call my "number of people meet in Vegas for nin" 50.

Would love if nin did a "black ticket" like Metallica. I'd go to way more shows!

I'mjusayin' lots of people travel for shows and their band.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I want to ask while it's on my mind, and without any real knowledge of the best printing options available for things like this - How would I go about printing off a good copy of that poster? And where the fuck can I find the file I need to do so? Because I'd completely forgotten about it until now, and I'd LOVE to have that hanging on my wall.

Open to anyone! I guess I'm just curious about the size, paper quality, etc. I'm not afraid to pay a little bit to have a good one printed, either. Thanks in advance!

I've been looking into this myself and found some printers on line for like $20-$30 but I don't know about their quality. When I find out something solid, I'll post up about it for sure.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I'm talking about Vegas as well. Plus, you know, that cold and black and infinite thing with physical sale and shit.
    I am going to some shows on the fall tour....Doesnt change the fact it would be cool to see some pro shot shit from the 2018 tour...It would suck if Woodstock 94 was never filmed and the only footage of TDS tour would be bootleg videos and Closure

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post

Okay dude long story and don't mind the fact that I'm saying this on my phone and there will be absolutely no periods in the sentences but I got mine printed at Kinkos with their best quality and laminated there too because my drummer used to work there when I was in a band that's where I would go though if you have a copy of the high-quality file still

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Hmm, wasn't someone asking for some pro-shot footage from the recent shows?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    As amazing as the Lights in the Sky tour was, sometimes it's hard for me to watch a lot of that footage because of how almost destroyed Trent's voice was becoming. It was so deep and growlish that it even hurts my throat listening to it. It seemed like it only continued to be at a lower register too by the time of the 2009 gigs.

Seems like since he's not as bulked out either that his voice has returned to as normal as it can be and I think he sounds better now more than ever.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I can't listen to 1,000,000 if it's not from the 2008 tours. It's incredible--particularly the Portland show's version. It's so energetic, so thick and well-layered, so hard-hitting. The changes made in 2009 onward really castrated the song and made it boring.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I can't listen to 1,000,000 if it's not from the 2008 tours. It's incredible--particularly the Portland show's version. It's so energetic, so thick and well-layered, so hard-hitting. The changes made in 2009 onward really castrated the song and made it boring.
    I disagree. 2009 version sounds just as good, especially with the new intro. What really made it boring is 2013 version when Robin started playing the main riff on keyboard.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I said I wanted to revisit all the NIN albums before seeing them in October. Today, I just want to listen to NIN all day. It's starting...