Page 361 of 361 FirstFirst ... 261 311 351 359 360 361
Results 10,801 to 10,822 of 10822

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Saw APC last weekend and getting yelled at for standing up, then going through the whole show sitting pretty much ruined the concert for me.
    What is the point of standing at an APC show? I love the first album and the second album was good, but they are one of the most boring live bands of all time.

NIN is 1,000,000 (pun) times better of a live band, so standing is actually an option.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I never was at APC show, but I was once at a concert where the pre-show music was just APC's 13th Step played from start to finish. Pretty much everyone who came early just stood uninterested, while I was rocking out with air drumming and miming to lyrics.
    There are many ways to enjoy the show while standing other than moshing. APC is not that slow/quiet band to make me want take seats.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The show at Perth Arena in 2014, I was in the seating area which was still pretty damn close, and raised a decent amount too so the view wasn't obstructed or anything. Crowds really set off my anxiety so the idea of standing in GA surrounded and getting jostled around by people was a bit overwhelming. Still enjoyed the show immensely even though I was seated.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebdp View Post
    What is the point of standing at an APC show? I love the first album and the second album was good, but they are one of the most boring live bands of all time.

NIN is 1,000,000 (pun) times better of a live band, so standing is actually an option.
    I've stood at a Pearl Jam concert with seats in the nose bleeds, and they were 1,000,000 (no pun intended) times more boring than APC. If people sat for an entire APC set I can see them sitting for A LOT of NIN material.

I realize APC isn't a hard core thrash metal band, but they aren't Kenny G either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I absolutely love going back to Gladcarrot's Wanted Recordings page and reading up on the Dance Party USA section which talks about buying the video for 1k+ from historicfilms if you really wanted it (for educational purposes) and probably having to sign a license to not put it up on video sites. We all know how that worked out in the end.
    Last edited by _T_B_W_; 05-15-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    I absolutely love going back to Gladcarrot's Wanted Recordings page and reading up on the Dance Party USA section which talks about buying the video for 1k+ from historicfilms if you really wanted it (for educational purposes) and probably having to sign a license to not put it up on video sites. We all know how that worked out in the end.
    I sent that guy $5 because that shit was awesome. It went around like wild fire that day. My sister sent it to me and said "look at this guy doing nine inch nails karaoke." I replied "no, that's Trent."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I've stood at a Pearl Jam concert with seats in the nose bleeds, and they were 1,000,000 (no pun intended) times more boring than APC. If people sat for an entire APC set I can see them sitting for A LOT of NIN material.

I realize APC isn't a hard core thrash metal band, but they aren't Kenny G either.

Either way, standing at shows all depends on the crowd around you and the song being played. There have been times I’ve wanted to stand at big shows because I was excited, but if everyone around me is sitting down and I can still see…I sat down as a courtesy to the person behind me. If the person in front of me is standing, I’ve told people yelling at me to sit down to yell at that guy first!!

Sorry that I snapped about APC…I’m so turned off by anything sociopath-MJK related at this point that the only money he’s getting from me going forward is when I buy the next Tool album in 2025. He does nothing but treat his fans like shit, but has no problem milking them for cash playing the same set lists with a band(s) he won’t talk about. Aenima Tour in a relatively small club was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen, but now he only stands at the front of the stage for that overrated Poopcifer project. I guess that original excuse of camera flash bothering him doesn't apply when it's his solo project and he's getting all the attention. Seeing Tool nowadays is the same set list as the last 10 years, but at least you get to watch Danny Carey drum his ass off. Seeing APC means watching…Billy Howerdale and James Iha stand there? Forget sitting...that would make me lay on the floor!!

Give me Kenny G!!

Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Everything about the rollout of NTAE/the fragile rerelease/the reissues (minus the music) has been a gigantic bummer from the start. I was looking forward to new music/the fragile DE and in a way firebrand completely ruined the excitement for me. The music is dope, but fuck man, everything else got completely fucked and it almost ruined this entire era for me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    and in a way firebrand completely ruined the excitement for me. The music is dope, but fuck man, everything else got completely fucked and it almost ruined this entire era for me.
    Quoted for truth! Firebrand has been so absolutely shitty to deal with that if I had to pick between giving the band most of the money or letting Amazon take a cut, I'd consider Amazon.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'd like to hear more about the fully (?) analog remastering process for all of the DEs that TR briefly mentioned on here somewhere.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Everything about the rollout of NTAE/the fragile rerelease/the reissues (minus the music) has been a gigantic bummer from the start. I was looking forward to new music/the fragile DE and in a way firebrand completely ruined the excitement for me. The music is dope, but fuck man, everything else got completely fucked and it almost ruined this entire era for me.
    The NTAE Era will be remembered as kickass and most of the Firebrand stuff will be remembered only by us who were here to witness it and just laught at that while we rock out to this badass EP

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    In order to celebrate Trent's birhtday I am listening to the entire discography (at least the main albums, therefore no really singles or remix albums) of NIN in one sitting.

Currently at "Kinda I Want To" and holy shit this track kinda kicks ass. I remember being bored by most of PHM but I am fuckin' pumped, OH SHIT HERE COMES SIN THIS SHIT COMES IN HARD.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Annoying people who aren't at all familiar with NTAE by putting on Burning Bright has become a new hobby of mine -- it makes Broken sound accessible and I love it for it so, so much.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    The NTAE Era will be remembered as kickass and most of the Firebrand stuff will be remembered only by us who were here to witness it and just laught at that while we rock out to this badass EP
    That's one of the things I've always kept noticing with NIN. Aside from the actual music itself, just about every single major release has a special/unique memory/experience attached to it, good, bad and all in between. It's yet another thing that has made the NIN ride so worthwhile.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I feel like the new season of Twin Peaks might be a springboard for one of the new Nine Inch Nails projects coming out this year. Maybe I am crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I get the sense that next week will be a big week in the world of nin.

- With vinyl releases and more festival announcements coming, plus for whatever reason, I'm hopeful for proper tour dates. Who knows, maybe we will even get new album info with the 10th anniversary of year zero being Monday (I'm thinking there is a year zero tie in with the next album) - probably a stretch, but a random thought.
    Well, the only thing that came to fruition from that was the riot fest announcement.

Here's to hoping next week with twin peaks and possibly the vinyls coming out that there will be a major uptick in nin activity (like some proper tour dates announced).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope one day Trent gets to make the intro theme to Doctor Who. Who nose, Peter Capaldi may have gifted him a functioning Tardis for his recent birthday and used it to travel forwards to where his theme was appropriate enough for the BBC to give it the greenlight.
    Last edited by _T_B_W_; 05-19-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I figured you guys would like my emblem that I use on Call of Duty: Black Ops III.

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    I hope one day Trent gets to make the intro theme to Doctor Who. Who nose, Peter Capaldi may have gifted him a functioning Tardis for his recent birthday and used it to travel forwards to where his theme was appropriate enough for the BBC to give it the greenlight.
    i got to do a metal version of it for a doctor who play i worked on a couple years ago. it was a lot of fun.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I figured you guys would like my emblem that I use on Call of Duty: Black Ops III.

My emblem is the AIR flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't know if this counts as a strictly random Nine Inch Nails thought but fuck it.

I hope beyond hope that someday soon there will be new How To Destroy Angels. It was criminally underrated and I fear that TR might be under the impression that there's just not enough interest to justify the cost of composing, recording, and releasing any more of it. But maybe someday they'll release more. If you believe in it. Keep believing it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSelection View Post
    Don't know if this counts as a strictly random Nine Inch Nails thought but fuck it.

I hope beyond hope that someday soon there will be new How To Destroy Angels. It was criminally underrated and I fear that TR might be under the impression that there's just not enough interest to justify the cost of composing, recording, and releasing any more of it. But maybe someday they'll release more. If you believe in it. Keep believing it.
    here ya go:

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...estroy-angels_
    Last edited by kel; Yesterday at 10:08 PM.