Page 386 of 386 FirstFirst ... 286 336 376 384 385 386
Results 11,551 to 11,580 of 11580

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Why did Reznor call "Demon Seed", "Demon Seed"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_Seed

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's "fuck."
    Nah. He says it so hard, it's practically "fuckt"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm finding Hesitation Marks to be my favorite NIN record lately... WTF.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    I'm finding Hesitation Marks to be my favorite NIN record lately... WTF.
    Poppy Trent is fun. That record is good. Fuck the haters.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Just had to put it out there - 10/10, would absolutely put money down for one of those slipmats. Hopefully that's a store/tour item later on down the line.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    i love the extra play Rez/Ross/NIN are putting into these few (festival) shows.
    it puts a playful fun intimacy between idol and (die-hard) fans.
    its like when you are little and you feel obligated to go someplace with your parents; someplace you used to have so much fun at but now half the fun is in seeing if you recognize any friends that you can share the experience with--

...AND THEN YOU SEE IT
    the bounce house for the first time! and you get all excited from head to toes and before the words even form in your mind and reach your lips to ask for what you want, YOU ARE ALREADY RUNNING TO IT!
    somebody took the extra time and patience and thought to anticipate what was needed and delivered on a silver platter with a big red ribbon and said: 'here, this is for you!'

thank you R/R/NIN!
    you have proved your greatness (in-kind) to your greatest fan-base!
    Last edited by Eichalvindore; 09-15-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Just had to put it out there - 10/10, would absolutely put money down for one of those slipmats. Hopefully that's a store/tour item later on down the line.
    +1 on this, I've wanted a NIN slipmat forever.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    After seeing the setlist for Riot Fest, I am really looking forward to Aftershock next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    And blacken out the sky and every last one of you, MOTHER-FUCKERS
    Hands down best moment of the current cycle.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Very thoughtful and considerate of Al to be holding the beer bottle so close to Trent, considering TR is a recovering alcoholic and all lol

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    thanks for proving once again your not very intelligent are you?, i wish you luck in life and that you educate yourself
    -Louie

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Very thoughtful and considerate of Al to be holding the beer bottle so close to Trent, considering TR is a recovering alcoholic and all lol
    It doesn't look like Trent minds all that much since he posted the photo of the two of them together. Also, this is a random nin comment and irrelevant to nin spotting.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Thanks for nothing, Just Like You Imagined! Fuck you later, Kinda I Want To! See ya never... tiny Xylophone from "The Good Soldier"?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Poppy Trent is fun. That record is good. Fuck the haters.
    Upon rediscovery I find Hesitation Marks to be dark like rest of NIN discography. The album is full of emotions. While I'm Still Here still brings me to tears with how Trent delivers the line "So tired on my own"

I find the album very "depressed", self loathing and even regretful in some ways.

One of my favorite NIN records
    Last edited by HWB; 09-16-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Re-listened to With Teeth today, never noticed the very quiet ambient synthesizer during the second verse of Right Where It Belongs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That third photo makes Alessandro look pretty badass lol.

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    @Amaro - I wasn't too sure about posting this outside of Random NIN Thoughts.

Anyway, your Bikes & Biking thread reminded me about this clip of Trent Reznor mentioning that he sometimes liked to ride his bicycle around New Orleans as a way to clear his head out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Jesus, I'm really in love with his delivery and attitude during the Burning Bright performances. I think I could listen to the man being loud and cheeky with a megaphone all day long, even without the music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My brother and sister-in-law were supposed to see U2 but that was cancelled, so he dropped the nephews off here anyway. His wife is a diehard U2 fan, and it being the "Joshua Tree" tour, I told my brother that I expect what she's feeling is what I would feel if it were TDS and then Trent had to cancel. I said, "Well, I've got your boys for the night, so go console wifey - hope the night gets better". He proceeded to small-talk and denigrate all NIN-product post-YZ, to which I said, "#1 Ghosts, dumbass".

He said "Ghosts" and the soundtrack work was wonky electronic snooze-masturbation and I kinda wanted to smack the shit out of him. He also stated that last time he saw NIN was a bit "bleh", and then reminded me, incidentally, that I was watching his kids that night while they were at the show 4 years ago - I fucked up the date and agreed to babysit before I realized what was what. Fuckers didn't get me a shirt either. Still a little bitter about that lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    thanks for proving once again your not very intelligent are you?, i wish you luck in life and that you educate yourself
    -Louie
    "you're"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    Why did Reznor call "Demon Seed", "Demon Seed"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_Seed
    To avoid calling it "Semen Deed"?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Seeing NIN live again has really reinvigorated my love for Add Violence.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Here's a thought I had a few years back:
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Maybe I've just been watching too much Twin Peaks, but I see a slight similarity between the five note melody in the middle eight of "Reptile" (from 5:13 to 5:21) and the ascending Twin Peaks leitmotif that leads into the climax of "Laura Palmer's Theme".
    Now we've been informed that "She's Gone Away" was written for Twin Peaks. "She's Gone Away" directly references "Reptile". So does that mean that "Reptile" is inspired by Laura's character and that perhaps the melody in "Reptile" is an intentional reference on TR's part?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote from the Duffer brothers (creators of Stranger Things):

There have been some artists who like the show, so we've gotten some really big songs for not extravagant prices. Musicians seem to have responded to the show.
    C'monnnnnnnnnn, TR & AR contribution!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Now we've been informed that "She's Gone Away" was written for Twin Peaks. "She's Gone Away" directly references "Reptile". So does that mean that "Reptile" is inspired by Laura's character and that perhaps the melody in "Reptile" is an intentional reference on TR's part?
    Reading between the lines of TR's comment that the music and sound design approach of The Downward Spiral were influenced by David Lynch I'd say, 100%, yes it is.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Reading between the lines of TR's comment that the music and sound design approach of The Downward Spiral were influenced by David Lynch — I'd say, 100%, yes it is.
    not just influenced, if i remember correctly he said "directly informed by"

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    It's the last quote that intrigues me...

He's obviously referencing the Aftershock festival. I wonder if they have something planned? I think that would be better than a Q&A or a secret show at this point.
    To get to experience MM and TR together sharing the same stage would be amazing.

That would explain why NIN.com says "Manson the next night!" Maybe TR might make an appearance during Manson's set? Or maybe Manson will come in for the encore for Nails' set and do a song. Anything is possible!
    On paper a Trent/Manson stage reunion sounds great. In reality = WOOF!!! Manson really has some personal issues to overcome. Also not sure if Trent would even want to stick around the extra night in Sacramento just for maybe one song. Manson appearing onstage for Starfuckers? Not out of the question I suppose.

Maybe if if he gets himself sorted out JUST A LITTLE BIT (OK, a LOT), one could see Trent producing a future record.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I knew someone should have asked TR about MM
    Interesting indeed. I'm not a Manson fan as such, but for a while there he was bloody good. I'll be interested to see what comes of this, if anything.

Generally it just feels nice that Trent is reaching out and making friends with Manson and with Al Jourgensen too. Life's too short for some of the bitter feuds we see in this business, so it's cool if old friends can just hang out and put the past behind them. It certainly seems like Al is a lot happier and healthier than he was a few years back, and while Manson looks like he's got a little way to go yet, maybe this is a positive step forward. Good luck to 'em.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Obviously Trent isn't in the same mood at all, Al is ...not dead yet ? I heard he died on stage in paris... very sick, all inked and ironed. Manson is ... oh my god he succedeed at becoming worst than he already were... his new video is ridiculous, he looks like he cannot move anymore and you can hear how his voice lost it even on studio sound now... At least Al got an excellent show even if he turned more metal than ever. I don't see what we can do with Manson except an intervention ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Lost interest in Manson after HolyWood. Thought the guy became a fucking parody of himself...but I gotta say, Pale Emperor was a pretty sick record...the new song sounds good, maybe all is not lost in MM land. But if he wants to get onstage with NIN, he better be on his fucking game and not be falling off stages and forgetting lyrics