Page 334 of 527 FirstFirst ... 234 284 324 332 333 334 335 336 344 384 434 ... LastLast
Results 9,991 to 10,020 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    @tony.parente What the fuck did I just read?
    Not the actual events.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me.
    The imagery here is hilarious.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    ...so personally I suspect we won't see any major tours for quite awhile.
    I, er, guess I'll stand corrected! Huzzah!

(I suppose only one confirmed date hardly makes a "major tour," but signs seem pretty good now!)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm getting dizzy from thinking about a live date, then more live dates, a European tour... and if they're touring, then who's going to be in the band? AR presumably... and OF COURSE there'll probably be a full album between now and the Summer... and they're playing alongside ATCQ - how cool is that? On top of all that, I want a Milky Way now. But of course they're different here in the UK. Why is that? It's all proving too much right now.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    I'm getting dizzy from thinking about a live date, then more live dates, a European tour... and if they're touring, then who's going to be in the band? AR presumably... and OF COURSE there'll probably be a full album between now and the Summer... and they're playing alongside ATCQ - how cool is that? On top of all that, I want a Milky Way now. But of course they're different here in the UK. Why is that? It's all proving too much right now.
    Dude, I could never understand milky ways. It's so soft and... ugh.

Btw I am skeptical about a new LP, I think it is too good to be true. Then again, early December last year I still thought papa Trent abandoned us for good, but he came through showing me the light, so I'm all aboard the hype train!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Random thought: I forgot how much I loved Ghosts I-IV! Everything about it, really - the photographs by Graybill and Sherdian, the variety of sounds, the groundwork for the soundtracks later on.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I saw Trent Reznor at a grocery store in LA yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
    He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
    I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
    The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
    When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
    Quality copy pasta right here.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @elevenism - I definitely thought that you'd love to know this too.

Anyway, I sometimes enjoy looking up random videos on YouTube about conspiracy theories and paranormal activities and I noticed that out of all the songs from Ghosts I-IV, Ghosts II -11 was used quite a lot. I can obviously see how and why it would go well with the type of tone/mood those videos are aiming to set though, but it just jumped right at me since I've been listening to Ghosts I-IV quite a lot over the past few years as well.

Thanks to those videos though, Ghosts II - 11 is also known as the conspiracy theory/paranormal activity track to me. And what a coincidence elevenism, as it also even happens to be track 11.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-09-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    @elevenism - I definitely thought that you'd love to know this too.

Anyway, I sometimes enjoy looking up random videos on YouTube about conspiracy theories and paranormal activities and I noticed that out of all the songs from Ghosts I-IV, Ghosts II -11 was used quite a lot. I can obviously see how and why it would go well with the type of tone/mood those videos are aiming to set though, but it just jumped right at me since I've been listening to Ghosts I-IV quite a lot over the past few years as well.

Thanks to those videos though, Ghosts II - 11 is also known as the conspiracy theory/paranormal activity track to me. And what a coincidence elevenism, as it also even happens to be track 11.
    Awesome!

Ghosts 2-11 = 1111

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I saw Trent Reznor at a grocery store in LA yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
    He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
    I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
    The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
    When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reznovka View Post
    is that what milky ways look like in germany? that's much more attractive than our weird brown & green labels

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I want to say again that I almost forgot how much I loved the artwork attached to Ghosts. For instance, here's the photograph for "11 Ghosts":

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Weird. I don't remember that one.
    there are higher res and 16:9 formatted images on the blu-ray as companions to the music. i think some of them are different than the images attached to the songs in itunes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    is that what milky ways look like in germany? that's much more attractive than our weird brown & green labels

right, they are blue here in Germany

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Just once, I’d love to see Trent randomly show up at an TNAW event, tear his shirt off and flex at the audience while The Great Destroyer blasts over the sound system, and then he proceeds to suplex the hell out of an unsuspecting Billy Corgan.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Just once, I’d love to see Trent randomly show up at an TNAW event, tear his shirt off and flex at the audience while The Great Destroyer blasts over the sound system, and then he proceeds to suplex the hell out of an unsuspecting Billy Corgan.
    So, between you and @tony.parente , is there an international "get-high-as-a-kite day" we should have been aware of?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post

Would be more fitting if he were doing that to Dixie Carter, while the whole crowd chants "delete!"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Wow, indeed. That is ugly. And it doesn't even look remotely like the milky way. For once I prefer the German version on this!

https://www.candyhouse.de/images/pro...hokoriegel.jpg

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    So, between you and @tony.parente , is there an international "get-high-as-a-kite day" we should have been aware of?
    I think he's mis-remembering events of Celebrity Deathmatch with his own drug induced dreams.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    I think he's mis-remembering events of Celebrity Deathmatch with his own drug induced dreams.
    My normal fan brain thinks this is weird as hell. On another level, I love how younger TR is his hype man in the corner.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    there are higher res and 16:9 formatted images on the blu-ray as companions to the music. i think some of them are different than the images attached to the songs in itunes.
    The photography varies between the embedded files, the PDF, and the Blu-ray. The photography on the Blu-ray is presented as a slideshow, so most (all?) of the 1920x1080 Blu-ray images circulating out there are screencaps rather than extracted image files.

Not sure why the Blu-ray versions aren't on ninwiki.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Anyone wish they stuck with "Quiet" instead of "Still"? I don't, but I'm just asking to make a reason to post this mock-up that some people might not have seen when that title was being considered.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Anyone wish they stuck with "Quiet" instead of "Still"? I don't, but I'm just asking to make a reason to post this mock-up that some people might not have seen when that title was being considered.
    I prefer Quiet actually, but that mockup art is godawful. Very thankful they changed it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    the first tattoo i ever wanted to get (back when i was 12 and first got into NIN) was some kind of NIN-related tattoo. but i could never decide on anything, and so, for the last 11 years that i've been getting tattoos, i haven't gotten one. well, i finally changed that yesterday, sort of as a belated 30th birthday present to myself.

"the great below" has always been one of my favorite songs, and i've always found the lyrics incredibly powerful. this line, especially, is very meaningful to me.

i spent 16 years of my life (8-24) being depressed. when i was trying to bring myself out of it, but i had an extremely difficult time. i've likened it to the depression being like a blanket full of holes; no, it doesn't keep you that warm, but you're used to it, and it's yours, so you don't want to let it go, even if it's also causing you pain.

i realized that, while that's a good metaphor, the idea of it being like drowning makes more sense. every time i would try to breach the surface of the water, the undertow would pull me back in, but there was something comforting about it. thus, "in arms of undertow" seemed like an apt way to describe it, so i finally have a (beautiful) NIN tattoo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Cool artwork!! I've never seen that, but there's nothing quiet about the end of the amazing "acoustic" version of The Becoming!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Watching the beginning of the US president elects first press conference. And for some reason, hearing Mike Pence voice making that buzzword heavy introduction made me think about the announcer in BallgameOver.mp3...
    Last edited by Henrie_Schnee; 01-11-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is goooooood

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    What if The Idea Of You was actually a WT outtake, so they just reused the Grohl drum take from that original song and re-built the music to make it fit to the NTAE style?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    I prefer Quiet actually, but that mockup art is godawful. Very thankful they changed it.
    Quiet is good, but then it would take away from the song title "Gone, Still" IMO. But that's just my crazy brain's opinion.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrie_Schnee View Post
    Watching the beginning of the US president elects first press conference. And for some reason, hearing Mike Pence voice making that buzzword heavy introduction made me think about the announcer in BallgameOver.mp3...

America is born again.