Page 397 of 398 FirstFirst ... 297 347 387 395 396 397 398 LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,910 of 11911

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

I listened to it from the link nin posted on twitter and facebook. There’s a mp3 there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I got TDS for Christmas back in 1997. Holy shit, that was 20 years ago! Damn, I feel old now.
    I heard that! getting old isn't for the meek.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    I got TDS for Christmas back in 1997. Holy shit, that was 20 years ago! Damn, I feel old now.
    I got it for Xmas with a "NOW: That's what i call music" comp (yeah, you can laugh...) back in 1995, it was my first NIN album ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I remember getting Broken for Christmas in '92 and listening to it on repeat for hours at my grandparents house. That is my winter / holiday "album." Every time I listen to it that is what I remember. Now I feel old. Thanks.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    i often accidentally misread "Broken" as "Borken" and imagine the swedish chef singing "wish" and then crack up. i feel like someone must have photoshopped the swedish chef into a still one of the videos from broken by now.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Someone ripped it and put it on Reddit, so I listened to that. Now neither Tidal or Apple get my listen. I guess that's what early exclusives get you...
    You could also have waited exactly one more day and had a higher-quality free stream direct from the artists, but okay, rage against that machine.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i often accidentally misread "Broken" as "Borken" and imagine the swedish chef singing "wish" and then crack up. i feel like someone must have photoshopped the swedish chef into a still one of the videos from broken by now.

Well, it's happened now.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    For some reason The Muppets and NIN get along just fine:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    For some reason The Muppets and NIN get along just fine:

Always liked this one more...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I didn't realize until today that Fixed was released so soon after Broken. I always assumed it was released in 1993.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Am I just hearing shit? In Just Like You Imagined, after the piano solo, I swear it sounds like the keys on the piano are being destroyed throughout the song after.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Nah, that's just Mike Garson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if there will be a "Ghosts V-VIII" in the future, Id love to get my hands on that even if it wont be out for free lol ..What do you all think?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scribnation View Post
    I wonder if there will be a "Ghosts V-VIII" in the future, Id love to get my hands on that even if it wont be out for free lol ..What do you all think?
    I've always assumed that even though parts of Ghosts have a distinctly NIN sound that hasn't really been explored on any of TR&AR's soundtrack work (the tracks with harder beats and harsh guitars), that the essential idea (freely structured instrumental music) has sort of been taken over and continued by their scores?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    I've always assumed that even though parts of Ghosts have a distinctly NIN sound that hasn't really been explored on any of TR&AR's soundtrack work (the tracks with harder beats and harsh guitars), that the essential idea (freely structured instrumental music) has sort of been taken over and continued by their scores?
    That might be the case, but who knows, a second collection of Ghosts would be very awesome and something worth to spend your money on imo

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    The scores have more than scratched my itch for giant collections of instrumental TR/AR music and Deviations added even more to the pile for me. I feel like Social Network and Gone Girl both show how their instrumental work is almost better when it has specific imagery to tie itself to. There’s a palpable tone and a texture to the Dragon Tattoo score that Ghosts doesn’t have. I’ll take more in line with what they’re doing in the EPs over 2 more hours of Ghosts any day (but I really hope some Ghosts tracks come back live; there’s no way they can’t fit one or two into the setlists).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

So that final ep should be getting close, right? Maybe January?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    So that final ep should be getting close, right? Maybe January?
    Maybe. Maybe February. Maybe March. He said 6-8 months. 6 months = January, 8 months = March.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Febtober! #contrarianism

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    i think "the fragile" is my favorite NIN record. which is to say 1 of my favorite records ever. maybe it could've used a little editing but what would you leave off? i probably could live without "starfuckers inc" but that song served its purpose. "ghosts" & "downward spiral" are close. "fragile" for me is kind of best of all worlds. just my ever so humble opinion...

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Febtober! #contrarianism

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    I'd say that Vietnam War soundtrack is pretty heavy and they use a bunch of Ghosts in it as well... so maybe just the right project hadn't come along to use that temperament.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Few months ago I gave Ghosts's tracks my own custom names to recongize them better for myself.

I have no idea now what Ghosts tracks people are talking about though if they talk about their favorite tracks there.

(I named one of them "Is This Really What You Wanted?" which was before The Background World came out, so that's a cool concidence)

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Few months ago I gave Ghosts's tracks my own custom names to recongize them better for myself.

I have no idea now what Ghosts tracks people are talking about though if they talk about their favorite tracks there.

(I named one of them "Is This Really What You Wanted?" which was before The Background World came out, so that's a cool concidence)
    i feel like it would make sense to name them based on the images that go with each one (a la aphex twin and selected ambient works vol ii)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i feel like it would make sense to name them based on the images that go with each one (a la aphex twin and selected ambient works vol ii)
    I named them each after listening to them fully and was using my imagination to determine how it sounds like to me and what emotion it is getting accross.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    I named them each after listening to them fully and was using my imagination to determine how it sounds like to me and what emotion it is getting accross.
    What did you name 3 Ghosts I?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just curious, has anyone heard of the song Taken from Deviations 1 vinyl? I have never heard it before and cant seem to find it online, like how its blocked from some unknown company on YouTube.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scribnation View Post
    Just curious, has anyone heard of the song Taken from Deviations 1 vinyl? I have never heard it before and cant seem to find it online, like how its blocked from some unknown company on YouTube.
    Are you asking if it's actually a song on Deviations? Because it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Are you asking if it's actually a song on Deviations? Because it is.
    I know its on there, Im just wondering if anyone has heard it and if its any good since I cant find the song anywhere online

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    What did you name 3 Ghosts I?
    "Shadows"