Page 299 of 527 FirstFirst ... 199 249 289 297 298 299 300 301 309 349 399 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,970 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Already September. NIN apologists need to step up their game if this year will continue on this year, haha. Oh well, new Skillet, new Korn, new In Flames (new record + live DVD), new Metallica (that single song is fucking terrible though), new Celldweller (+Circle Of Dust), new Sum 41, new Rob Zombie, new Hammerfall... I'm obviously still not complaining, Juno is still blasting off in my room 0-24 ever since it was released, I don't even feel like I could process more NIN this year, just saying that there are bands are performers who are still making music despite being one foot in the grave, even without pre-emptively promising new material.

On the bright side, my birthday is on the 19th, which is completely unrelated to NIN, but recently, even fucking NIN is unrelated to NIN, so...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Oh well, new Skillet, new Korn, new In Flames (new record + live DVD), new Metallica (that single song is fucking terrible though), new Celldweller (+Circle Of Dust), new Sum 41, new Rob Zombie, new Hammerfall... I'm obviously still not complaining, Juno is still blasting off in my room 0-24 ever since it was released, I don't even feel like I could process more NIN this year, just saying that there are bands are performers who are still making music despite being one foot in the grave, even without pre-emptively promising new material.
    All these acts didn't mention that they were working on/releasing new material before their new releases?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Sexy and practical.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    The launch of the new ios10 from Apple is next Wednesday isn't it? And I read somewhere the new iPhone will be in shops Sept 16th? (Which was supposed to be new single date)
    Yes, they have something going on on the 7th, 16th, and/or the 23rd. It's all a bit confusing as to what's happening when, but hopefully we get something out of it.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    All these acts didn't mention that they were working on/releasing new material before their new releases?
    I don't know about all of them, but some of them did not. I believe Metallica is the act which has been talking about a new record for a long time, but at least they were touring. I don't think after seeing how TR ran out of new ides for NIN, too many people would complain to make a new NIN record if he at least toured with the band. There are so many amazing songs already, we could fight ourselves to death to settle on a fan setlist.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I don't know about all of them, but some of them did not. I believe Metallica is the act which has been talking about a new record for a long time, but at least they were touring. I don't think after seeing how TR ran out of new ides for NIN, too many people would complain to make a new NIN record if he at least toured with the band. There are so many amazing songs already, we could fight ourselves to death to settle on a fan setlist.
    It's only been 2 years since the end of the last tour leg that everyone was complaining about. Anyway NIN aren't a band that can tour without much notice, Trent can't expect the band to be able to play a show without a lot of practice because they're all hired in, so not in the same position as Metallica (also Metallica could just headline a bunch of festivals worldwide and earn loads of money for it. Not so with NIN, see Reading festival a few years ago).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    TR ran out of new ides for NIN
    You will regret this thought... soon. :-p

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Yes, they have something going on on the 7th, 16th, and/or the 23rd. It's all a bit confusing as to what's happening when, but hopefully we get something out of it.
    Aside from Trent stating there is new nin coming this year and that he works for Apple is there any reason to think something is happening with the release of the new iOS / Apple Music update?

I mean, are there reasons to expect new nin or are people just expecting some connect like releases as with the initial launch of Apple Music?

I'm just curious because it seems like there is a buzz regarding the Apple release which just doesn't really seem to have anything to do with new nin.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Aside from Trent stating there is new nin coming this year and that he works for Apple is there any reason to think something is happening with the release of the new iOS / Apple Music update?

I mean, are there reasons to expect new nin or are people just expecting some connect like releases as with the initial launch of Apple Music?

I'm just curious because it seems like there is a buzz regarding the Apple release which just doesn't really seem to have anything to do with new nin.
    The fact there is less than 4 months to go in the year and the apple connection is reason enough to think its a decent possibility. Also, the Fragile instrumentals were released with the Apple Music launch and Juno was an Apple exclusive, correct? So, there is already a history of releasing through apple, including once through the initial launch.

Edit: plus https://twitter.com/tricil/status/771506153138352129 doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it could
    Last edited by somewhat_; 09-02-2016 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    You will regret this thought... soon. :-p
    I can't wish for any better win-win situation for myself!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    You got your pacifism
    I got survivalism

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    The fact there is less than 4 months to go in the year and the apple connection is reason enough to think its a decent possibility. Also, the Fragile instrumentals were released with the Apple Music launch and Juno was an Apple exclusive, correct? So, there is already a history of releasing through apple, including once through the initial launch.

Edit: plus https://twitter.com/tricil/status/771506153138352129 doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it could
    The NIN Hot line retweeted it and that's kind of the BBC of NIN news

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Damn, is it high time to get ready for the hype? It's quite fearsome, because even if this new NIN is legit, I am so afraid it might not sound great. First world problems, I guess.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Damn, is it high time to get ready for the hype? It's quite fearsome, because even if this new NIN is legit, I am so afraid it might not sound great. First world problems, I guess.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    IF it is an album / tour which isn't clear I hope he gets a handle on promotion this time and EITHER goes more low key playing theatres OR if he wants to do a ginormous tour does the whole proper promotion thing and accepts he has to go on TV before the tour to sell it (not including the grammies)/ release non-shit videos.
    Last edited by WorzelG; 09-03-2016 at 05:12 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Hard to believe that Year Zero is fast approaching 10 years. Where the fuck does time go? Anyway, after listening to this album twice in the car today, it really is a modern classic and a perfect specimen of an electronic rock album. Almost 10 years later and it still sounds great, plus a social commentary just as relevant today as it was in 2007.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    You know, thinking about Jimmy Kimmel Live having the first NIN talk show performance in history makes me wish the band played on Leno or Conan in 1994. Imagine March of the Pigs infront of a national audience. It would've been funny to see people's reactions.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 09-03-2016 at 11:32 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    You know, thinking about Jimmy Kimmel Live having the first NIN talk show performance in history makes me wish the band played on Leno or Conan in 1994. Imagine March of the Pigs infront of a national audience. It would've been funny to see people's reactions.

I believe Letterman tried getting them on after Woodstock.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I keep thinking "I'm good with no NIN live for a while" and then go and dive back into memories on YouTube and realize "Oh that's just a lie I tell myself to sleep at night."

As bitchy as so many were about the 2014 tour, those shows were so tight and the production and visuals were unbelievable. Nothing I've seen live since Tension and those '14 dates live have even edged on topping those shows. Just magic. I need that glitchy, crazy, massive sexy digital nightmare dreamscape back in my life again

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I keep thinking "I'm good with no NIN live for a while" and then go and dive back into memories on YouTube and realize "Oh that's just a lie I tell myself to sleep at night."

Dive and slam back?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Trent really needs to perform Deep and Even Deeper back to back.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

straight from the Church Of NINism http://facebook.com/churchofninism
    Last edited by reznovka; 09-04-2016 at 09:46 AM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So if Dive And Slam doesn't come out on September 16, what will?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    So if Dive And Slam doesn't come out on September 16, what will?
    Probably nothing.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Probably nothing.
    I always knew he'd bring the Nothing imprint back!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I always knew he'd bring the Nothing imprint back!
    Night of Nothing tour for 2016 returns. It's literally nothing because there is no new NIN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ten more days until Dive and Slam.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The slow days (months) on ETS: when we await a non-existent single and debate Pokemon Go in the NIN Spotting Thread.