Page 383 of 527 FirstFirst ... 283 333 373 381 382 383 384 385 393 433 483 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,490 of 15806

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    The very ending of Right Where it Belongs always makes me want to tear up… those piano notes. Feels like Trent was finally free after all the shit through Broken, TDS, Fragile
    That ending always gets to me too. Those quavering piano notes end With Teeth in such a perfect way.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Burning Bright might have become my favourite NIN song, and the truth, I did not expect this at this point in Trent's career.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    Burning Bright might have become my favourite NIN song, and the truth, I did not expect this at this point in Trent's career.
    Yes! I feel that way about that song and she's gone away. SGA is one of the juiciest nin songs ever. It drips of sexy synths, hypnotic drums and trent screaming. So damn good.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    The very ending of Right Where it Belongs always makes me want to tear up… those piano notes. Feels like Trent was finally free after all the shit through Broken, TDS, Fragile
    oh my god, I thought the same thing, those ending piano notes just feel like a release from pain that has gonne on for far too long. It always makes me tear up just thinking about it for some reason.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I think they're talking about the 3/4 against 6/8 that becomes prominent at about 1:11 through 1:58, and then returns again later. (The song is 6/8, btw, not 3/4.)
    differentiating between 3/4 and 6/8 time is all about semantics, though, and more about personal perception.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    differentiating between 3/4 and 6/8 time is all about semantics, though, and more about personal perception.
    No, it's not simply multiplying by 2, and it's not about your feelings. This is music theory, and those two time signatures have different rhythms. If you don't know what the difference is, watch this:

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    No, it's not simply multiplying by 2, and it's not about your feelings. This is music theory, and those two time signatures have different rhythms. If you don't know what the difference is, watch this:

welp, guess my guitar teacher in high school explained that to me backwards because i've gone the last 15 years thinking it was the opposite. i think the problem is also that, when i record in protools, whether i'm doing 3/4 or 6/8 time, i always set the meter at 3/4 so my measures aren't super long (makes it easier to edit later, if necessary). sorry for throwing misinformation out there and thanks for clearing that up for me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I don't know how I never came across this till tonight

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So, I made an interesting discovery today...
    Damn. For ages I've been looking out for rips of those promo edits, but never thought to look on one of those bootleg compilations - I'd always dismissed them for one reason or another. That'll teach me.
    Thanks for the info. Now to track down a copy...

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Damn. For ages I've been looking out for rips of those promo edits, but never thought to look on one of those bootleg compilations - I'd always dismissed them for one reason or another. That'll teach me.
    Thanks for the info. Now to track down a copy...
    Just keep in the mind that the rips are OK, but the record player was the wrong speed (too slow). I forget exactly how much I had to speed them up (4-5%?) but you can gauge it by ear, comparing to the album version, if you have a good ear for pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would really love it if A Minute to Breathe would make it on the setlist one day and get the same treatment as Hurt, Eraser and Right Where it Belongs in a live setting.

Last edited by quietime; 09-08-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    I would really love it if A Minute to Breathe would make it on the setlist one day and get the same treatment as Hurt, Eraser and Right Where it Belongs in a live setting.

I'd like to see it as an opener personally

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    A Minute To Breathe is Trent's best non-NIN song. Disagree all you want, you know it's true. So fucking beautiful.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Girl you know it's true, ooh ooh ooh, I love you....

Sorry. Every time someone says "you know it's true" I always break into that song lyric. EVERY TIME.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    A Minute to Breathe is fine, but is hardly his best non-NIN track.

Technically Missing, Ice Age, How Long or And When The Sky Was Opened are all far superior..

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    A Minute to Breathe is fine, but is hardly his best non-NIN track.

Technically Missing, Ice Age, How Long or And When The Sky Was Opened are all far superior..

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I'd not seen this before, but 3:25-3:42 documents Trent's seldom-mentioned flannel phase.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I'd not seen this before, but 3:25-3:42 documents Trent's seldom-mentioned flannel phase.

Is it flannel? Looks more like a cotton button down to me.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Is it flannel? Looks more like a cotton button down to me.
    Probably, but this is 1990, so it makes me giddy to imagine Trent dabbling in grunge.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Probably, but this is 1990, so it makes me giddy to imagine Trent dabbling in grunge.
    I like that he's playing a guitar with f holes on a metal song. Innovator!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Trent has dabbled in grunge before. Flannel shirt, black t shirt under and army jacket..Vedder would be proud

https://images.vice.com/noisey/conte...%20500full.jpg

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^The Americans video is just a Taxi Driver reference though, he was wearing Travis Bickle's wardrobe updated to the 90s.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    My father had 2 Iowa Hawkeyes ones made for relatives from YETI Custom Shop. You can upload your own logos/images for an additional charge.

The logo/design is laser-etched into a solid black cup, exposing the unpainted metal beneath. It's then sealed/finished in whatever process they use.
    looks like everyone's getting a custom yeti cup for xmas.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Current NIN site is one of the worst they've ever had. The design is okay, but it runs like shit and the mobile version is buggy.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Current NIN site is one of the worst they've ever had. The design is okay, but it runs like shit and the mobile version is buggy.
    It seems like band websites in general absolute blow lately, I guess we can blame that on facebook but still. I miss innovative band sites.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    id like to see the actual quote where he disowns it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    You guys think TR makes them all dress like that off stage too?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Trent's seldom-mentioned flannel phase.
    Pretty sure this was filmed at pretty much the same time as Head Like A Hole, by the same people. Same day and same venue possibly? Certainly both fucking brilliant songs anyway.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Alright, If I don't see a lossless vinyl rip of The Vietnam War score on teh interwebz at exactly 16:01, I'll be hugely disappointed.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Watching the Panorama video again, it is still weird to me that Robin is playing Manson and Reverend Guitars as oppose the Les Pauls.