Page 403 of 405 FirstFirst ... 303 353 393 401 402 403 404 405 LastLast
Results 12,061 to 12,090 of 12121

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This radio silence from the band is killing me. When will you take my money, Trent?
    I'm ready for them reissues!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    This radio silence from the band is killing me. When will you take my money, Trent?
    I'm ready for them reissues!
    https://isstillonvinylyet.info/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Just noticed, in the chorus of In This Twilight : "We can find a better place" / in The Background World : "There is no better place"

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    "While I'm Still Here" is fucking great.

For the record (heh), I'd absolutely pay $40 and wait 6 months again for Still on vinyl. No shame.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Robin Fincks' legs are hilarious.

And All That Could Have Been is an extremely apt title for the live album, as it could have been so much better. No Somewhat Damaged, Even Deeper, The Way Out is Through, to name a couple of reasons.

The Downward Spiral live is a beast of a song. (Insofar as I can know that from youtube videos)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astfgyl View Post
    The Downward Spiral live is a beast of a song. (Insofar as I can know that from youtube videos)
    It really sucks that it wasn't included with the proshot footage on Closure. They used all the songs around it from the show (Eraser/Hurt/Wish) but cut the end of Hurt right as TDS is starting. Bizarre decision, considering it's the focal point of the show with the scrim filling with blood and dropping – I assume someone wasn't happy with the footage they got.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astfgyl View Post
    Can confirm it is awesome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    For the record (heh), I'd absolutely pay $40 and wait 6 months again for Still on vinyl. No shame.
    One of my absolute favorite albums of any artist. I'd wait a YEAR if it meant getting Still

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I have trouble spending money on myself for the most part. I got my tax refund & splurged a little this morning. Ordered a "ghost trees" shirt & a zip up hoodie. I bought a shirt & hat @ the Vegas show & was pretty happy with the quality & design. A nice belated birthday (2 weeks ago) present to myself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I have trouble spending money on myself for the most part. I got my tax refund & splurged a little this morning. Ordered a "ghost trees" shirt & a zip up hoodie. I bought a shirt & hat @ the Vegas show & was pretty happy with the quality & design. A nice belated birthday (2 weeks ago) present to myself.
    Got a picture of the hat you can share? I've been asking for one for months but nobody cares about hats, just vinyl these days. I'm trying not to spend money either so I want to see a picture first...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ruiner is the greatest song of all time

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    While I'm not the biggest fan of the suggested idea of a catalogue retcon where everything is somehow tied into Year Zero, it's interesting reading the full lyrics to The New Flesh and thinking about Opal. "The blackest eyes", indeed.

I can take it
    Sideways
    Sometimes
    Some things
    Feel like
    I'm on the other side
    Waves
    Of every feeling ever felt
    …screaming

Hold it close
    (So) I can taste it

I've watched this scene a thousand times
    And in my head
    This is how it all begins
    Yes, I am becoming
    And this is how it all begins
    What did you expect?
    This is not an exit
    This has begun

I can almost see
    The blackest eyes
    The new flesh
    A new disguise
    …Welcoming…

Please

Give it to me
    I can take it
    Give it to me

I can take it

I've become [alive]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    Got a picture of the hat you can share? I've been asking for one for months but nobody cares about hats, just vinyl these days. I'm trying not to spend money either so I want to see a picture first...
    It's this one. Only thing not wild about is plastic tabs for sizing but other than that is fine. Looks like sold out though.

https://store.nin.com/collections/cl...k-baseball-hat

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    While I'm not the biggest fan of the suggested idea of a catalogue retcon where everything is somehow tied into Year Zero, it's interesting reading the full lyrics to The New Flesh and thinking about Opal. "The blackest eyes", indeed.
    I always took the lyrics to be (more or less) about heroin.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I always took the lyrics to be (more or less) about heroin.
    Well yes, it and almost everything prior to Year Zero was written in TR's journal entry style. Hence why I mentioned not being a fan of the catalogue retcon. But it is an intriguing parallel nonetheless.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's this one. Only thing not wild about is plastic tabs for sizing but other than that is fine. Looks like sold out though.

https://store.nin.com/collections/cl...k-baseball-hat
    I am looking for a real picture of the hat, the one on the NIN store has a Photoshopped logo on it. I want to see how the embroidered logo turned out, is it too big, too small, wonky looking (I've had bad luck with embroidered NIN logos on clothing items in the past...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I am looking for a real picture of the hat, the one on the NIN store has a Photoshopped logo on it. I want to see how the embroidered logo turned out, is it too big, too small, wonky looking (I've had bad luck with embroidered NIN logos on clothing items in the past...
    my phone fried 3 weeks after warranty expired. when i get that sorted out, i'll take a pic. no camera at present. i thought the pic on the site was a pretty accurate representation of what i have. btw: fuck samsung & sprint!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I love that the NIN twitter tweeted that Better Alone playlist on valentine's day. Thanks Trent & Co. for rubbing it in.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    A few days ago marked the 10th year anniversary of listening to NIN. I can still remember listening to “Right Where It Belongs” in my top bunk as goosebumps popped up all over my arms and tears fell upon my pillow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When the track titles came out for Hesitation Marks, I remember thinking Various Methods of Escape would be an instrumental and hoping that it wouldn't be, because as much as I love his instrumental work, we have been lucky enough to be spoiled with a lot of that from his and Atticus's film scores. So when I first heard the track I was pleasantly surprised, but as time as gone on, I have to say it is my least favorite track from Hesitation Marks and one of my least favorite Nine Inch Nails songs. It's not that it's bad, I don't mind the lyrics or the mid-song breakdown, but sonically it just feels so limp and predictable and devoid of a really engaging melody. Hesitation Marks is the most eclectic Nine Inch Nails release for me because it fluctuates between genuinely terrific tracks - Copy Of A, All Time Low, Running (which really hits the 'stripped down but hypnotizing' vibe Trent seemed to be shooting for in the album), In Two (!!!) - and ones that feel uncharacteristically perfunctory, but while I find that Everything, Satellite, and even Find My Way fit into the latter category, there is no question that the number one offender is Various Methods of Escape. It was also the worst possible choice from the album to play on Jimmy Kimmel, one that was basically guaranteed to leave no impression and not generate any kind of interest outside the fanbase. EDIT: Not entirely true, on second thought Everything probably would have been a worse choice.

I wish they had played Sunspots live during Tension, when the Lisa and Sharlotte were still in the lineup. Don't get me wrong, I would take a live version of this song with ANY format of the band, but if the chief factor in it not being performed is really concern over the wear on Trent's voice, this would have been the perfect time to bust it out and it would have sounded amazing. Hell, the only other live no-show from With Teeth at that time, All the Love in the World, made its premiere on that tour!

Demon Seed doesn't get nearly enough love. The last three tracks of The Slip are so palpably linked and really swell into a fantastic conclusion. Just how tight that album is for something made on such a compressed timeline will never stop impressing the hell out of me.

Me, I'm Not needs to get back on setlists for so many reasons but mostly because I've never seen it live.
    Last edited by Deacon Blackfire; 02-15-2018 at 07:02 PM. Reason: See Above

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You reminded me that I don't understand why The Four of Us... and Demon Seed have never played live. Trent get on it!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    When the track titles came out for Hesitation Marks, I remember thinking Various Methods of Escape would be an instrumental and hoping that it wouldn't be, because as much as I love his instrumental work, we have been lucky enough to be spoiled with a lot of that from his and Atticus's film scores. So when I first heard the track I was pleasantly surprised, but as time as gone on, I have to say it is my least favorite track from Hesitation Marks and one of my least favorite Nine Inch Nails songs. It's not that it's bad, I don't mind the lyrics or the mid-song breakdown, but sonically it just feels so limp and predictable and devoid of a really engaging melody. Hesitation Marks is the most eclectic Nine Inch Nails release for me because it fluctuates between genuinely terrific tracks - Copy Of A, All Time Low, Running (which really hits the 'stripped down but hypnotizing' vibe Trent seemed to be shooting for in the album), In Two (!!!) - and ones that feel uncharacteristically perfunctory, but while I find that Everything, Satellite, and even Find My Way fit into the latter category, there is no question that the number one offender is Various Methods of Escape. It was also the worst possible choice from the album to play on Jimmy Kimmel, one that was basically guaranteed to leave no impression and not generate any kind of interest outside the fanbase. EDIT: Not entirely true, on second thought Everything probably would have been a worse choice.

I wish they had played Sunspots live during Tension, when the Lisa and Sharlotte were still in the lineup. Don't get me wrong, I would take a live version of this song with ANY format of the band, but if the chief factor in it not being performed is really concern over the wear on Trent's voice, this would have been the perfect time to bust it out and it would have sounded amazing. Hell, the only other live no-show from With Teeth at that time, All the Love in the World, made its premiere on that tour!

Demon Seed doesn't get nearly enough love. The last three tracks of The Slip are so palpably linked and really swell into a fantastic conclusion. Just how tight that album is for something made on such a compressed timeline will never stop impressing the hell out of me.

Me, I'm Not needs to get back on setlists for so many reasons but mostly because I've never seen it live.

Various Methods Of Escape is one of many highlights on Hesitation Marks, I love hoq quiet and minal verses are vs how loud and detailed choruses get.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Am wondering why heroin use by Trent Reznor is suggested? The interviews I have seen: Trent says he had an alcohol problem.
    The Guardian - The Nine Lives of Trent Reznor

ninwiki - 2000/07/01 London, UK

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The first from the Guardian is supposedly written in 2013 but has a photo from 2017, and no "last updated" date.
    *cough* here's that "2017" photo published in 2012 *cough*

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The second link you posted seems to be apologising for their drummer. The first from the Guardian is supposedly written in 2013 but has a photo from 2017, and no "last updated" date. The Guardian is also full of BS, there are NO RECORDS of Trent Reznor ever taking drugs, let alone overdosing.

I think this is one of the interviews where it is discussed:

https://youtu.be/IiFvoyujVv8

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to respond and point me to where the gossip is coming from. I know the real reason for Trent's time off, although it isn't until 2002 (after NIN's acooustic gig), that Trent takes a year and a half off work.

If you would like more info, you can message me.
    Your passive-aggressiveness borders on obscene. I'm sorry you don't like the fact that Trent Reznor may have used heroin in his life. It's been "gossip" for years.

The intention of your question is clear from your response. If you had bothered to read the ninwiki link, it talks about Trent and drug overdose (oh no). So does that evil fake Guardian link. All just gossip, I know.

And that picture you say is from 2017 was taken in his Los Angeles home studio.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This is supposed to be a NIN Fan Forum where people are NICE TO EACH OTHER.
    Me thinks you haven't been here long.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

I thought Reznor himself said his addiction was cocaine, not heroin. Iím not sure when and where he said it tho.

ETA: I think it gets reported as heroin because he has so many songs that mention needles.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Obviously you did not read the second half of my post.

Trent has chin length-shoulder length hair until November 2016 (where he cuts it short and dyes it bleach blond for a film role), so obviously the photo from 2013 is FAKE.

Not sure why you are being antagonistic instead of friendly? This is supposed to be a NIN Fan Forum where people are NICE TO EACH OTHER.
    Reznorís hair has been predominantly short since 2007. I havenít seen a single photo of him with chin length hair since the with teeth era.

Right now is the longest itís been in years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thanks! Looks like a decent embroidery job! Could you post one more showing the whole hat from the front, its hard to tell how big the logo is on the hat. There was a hat like this released in the 90's that had the perfect sized logo on it, I'm sad I never found it to purchase anywhere, I'm hoping this hat's logo is about the same size.